Whitecaps Offseason Moves

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by dezza, Nov 8, 2012.

1. dezza

dezza Well-Known Member

House cleaning has started...

Sylvestre, Barbara, and Ulisses all cut.

Now let's start praying YP Lee doesn't retire.
  2. akslop

akslop Well-Known Member

Cutting Thiago is shocking .. wonder what we dont know?
  3. dezza

dezza Well-Known Member

I heard he didn't show that well in the reserve games he played, plus his contract was for $100K. Not much point in keeping him at that price if he's not going to make it on the 1st team.

I suspect there might be a Jacob Lensky signing in the works...
  4. Bronco

Bronco Well-Known Member

Really?? How well did Robson and Miller show??? If this is performance based, there's a long line ahead of him that should go. He didn't even get a chance with the first team probably because he didn't fit Rennie's system, like Chiumento and Hassli couldn't play for Rennie. :rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. dezza

dezza Well-Known Member

Robson and Miller could still be on the way out, but they are under multi-year contracts which means either a trade or buyout. Conversely, the 3 guys released today had club-options for next year and the club has decided not to exercise the options. These moves were quick and easy.
  6. cascadesoccer

cascadesoccer Well-Known Member

Can't say much about Sylvestre as he was a back up and Knighton and Cannon both played very well this year. Its a shame they let go Barbara as I liked what I saw when he got on the field, he had good pace and quick feet, actually beat players and made an attempt at offense unlike some strikers we have. I heard good things of Ulisses, but if he didn't crack the bench in as long as he was here then its understandable why he was released. Even if he didn't speak English well, if he was that solid, he would be on the main team. Curious to see who else is going to leave and who we will bring in. My hopes are not high for a DP as I have been disappointed in the past.
  7. Mr Base

Mr Base Well-Known Member

Cascade It head nothing to do with his English. Rennie does not loike skilled players. He just wants kick and run. Get there fast, it does not matter how many times you loose the ball. Chiumento was askilled player.And most of all best setup guy they head. Rennie wanted him to run around like a rabbit wth out head. No wander he left. Again he plays well and stsup goals. Aragant coach wll just spin his wheels with MSL payers. His tacticks will only work with kids. Every since Robsonand Miller came team is not the same. Robson can not stay on his fit, on the other hand Miller has no feet. Club is got five holes to fill. Nuber one is a play making midfielder. Coffe alone can not do it.
    In my opinion D is way to slow for MLS. And for god sake spend some money and get a striker or two. Better yet trade Rennie to Toonto and get a player back for him. Montreal got rId of theIR coach just because four Italians did not like him. Good coach way better than what we have.
  8. Mr Base

No player movment till December 3rd. We will see what old hores they bring in next. I trulley hope is way better than Robinson or Miller.
    How about a good Canadian player sir Bob.
  9. Regs

Regs Liverpool 24/7 Staff Member Total Bastard

You've taken it to a (w)hole new level with that one!
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Mr Base

Regs how can I not. There is somany good Canadian players. They are not willing to give them a chance. Yet local guys pay for the tickets to watch the games.
    Sytem is all frucked up. They need 100 kids in each biger city or town like Caps residacy program in orther to lift the level of soccer here.
    With out staring two or three more NASL clubs soccer just can not grow local kids.
    I am 100% sure if the ask Canucks owner to put a team in Nasl he would gladly hep the country.
    We fail at the top not in the grass rutes.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. dutch13

dutch13 Active Member

Wasn't it just a couple years ago there was a big deal about Canucks not being able to be considered "Canada's team" as they had less Canadians on our team than our opponents? I think it was against Boston.
  12. mtkb

mtkb Well-Known Member

most teams have less Canadians than my Bruins... doesnt stop the media from piling on the hate... off topic anyway, Im not sure what Canadian players Base thinks would lead the Whitecaps over the Galaxy, but Im sure he'll tell us...
  13. dezza

dezza Well-Known Member

In real Whitecaps offseason news. TOM SOEHN IS GONE. Thank Fruck :wa:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mr Base

MTKB how about a good Canadian Punjabi striker. There is two very good players 24 years old. In their prime,both fast high pace both six foot,as size does mater in MLS. One is in Ontario and one is here in BC. You would see maybee four thousan or more people comming to the games.
  15. mtkb

mtkb Well-Known Member

No room for 4000 more, the intimate atmosphere folks wouldnt stand for it...
    • Like Like x 3
  16. sid

sid Well-Known Member

Size doesn't matter !look at the world 11 75% of the 11 are all under5'9"
    The mls needs big players
    Is there any Indian players playi in the ePL,no they are too fragile
    Wtf
    • Like Like x 1
  17. jimmy_jones

jimmy_jones Better Bastard

Wasn't there a player playing for Sunderland few years ago Vick Chopra ? Not certain of his first name but I think his last name was Chopra.
  18. Jigsaw

Jigsaw Active Member

Michael Chopra
    Went to play at Cardiff City.
  19. Kick'em

Kick'em New Member

What do people think about DeMerit as trade bait? It seems likely he would be overvalued by american teams as his history with the national team would sell more tickets in the states.
  20. sid

sid Well-Known Member

play what ?so one outs 400 million of u Lads
    That'd good rite ?

Sid