Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

08/09 TTP Four & Out Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2008 TTP NFL 4 and OUT

For those new to this pool here on TTP, if you enter picks for week one, you are considered to have agreed to the $100 entry fee. Don't make picks if you are not going to pay.

Poolsters Paid: (September 10 Deadline)

Regs
Lita
Italian_Stallion21
Gurps
BJB
Bronco
Kurgan
Hammerhead
HOS
Osama
Reedie
TS
KNVB
Captain Shamrock

Poolsters In:

Biggun
Spada/Eagles

OK Folks,

Here it is. As well please spread the word, the more the merrier.... Picks will be taken till opening day.

T.T.P.’s Four & Out 08’ Football Pool

Rules remain the same from years past (pick a winner from each game, no spread, and pick a combined score for the Monday night game) and as before TTP staff Will NOT be tracking down people for their picks if they are late... it is everyone's responsibility to get their picks in on time. For those that don’t know, Regs will post a link to the Four & Out pick sheet each week, usually by Wednesday, where you enter your name, pick your teams, post a MNF total score and that’s it.

$100 Entry Fee:

$3.50 a week goes to the weekly pay pot
$30 goes to the overall season pot
$10.50 goes to the progressive pot (13 correct and over.)

The progressive pot is given to the person who correctly picks 13 games (or more) in a week. If 15 is the highest, then 15 will win. There will only be one winner for the progressive/week if the magic number is hit. So if there are more than one team at 13 games or over, it will come down to the tie-breaker. So that lucky person will win the week and progressive. No 13+ winner, the monies carry on to the next week. MNF score settles ties as always. There are 17 weeks, 10 of which have 16 games. Weeks 5,6,7,9,10 have 14 games and Week 4 and 8 have only 13, so the opportunity to get a nice little bonus is there. All remaining progressive money at the end of the season goes to the overall winner.

Season Starts Thursday September 4, 2008;

Money is due by Wednesday September 10, 2008;

Please send cheque’s payable to:

Robin Regnier
16031 89a avenue
Surrey BC
V4N 2Z4

Another season of Football is about to start in less than a month. Training camps are happening, Favre is a Jet, and LT is predicted #1 fantasy football draft pick.

We were on a hiatus last year with the football pool, but i thought i throw this out here to see what we got for people. Maybe get it back and running. Post here if you would be interested in participating. I'm thinking atleast 15 people required, 20 would be nice. I believe $75 was the entry fee.

Myself and Bronco are in.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm definitely in.

Suggestions: I was in a 'suicide' pool last year and it was awesome. For those that don't know how it works, each week you pick one team to win their game and that's it. If you lose, you're out of the pool. It sounds easy, but there are so many upsets that it does get difficult. To make it fair, we decided you couldn't pick a team more than once that season (so nobody could just keep picking the Pats every week!). This gets hard to regulate, though. So I was thinking that if we went this route, the moderators of the pool could pick maybe 4 games per week and each entrant could pick pick one of the 8 teams to win. Winners move on, losers are out. In the end, there's usually just one guy left, but if going into the last week there's more than one guy, you could do a full week's of predictions and the guy with the most wins?!

Your thoughts?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I missed it last year :(

Don't know where I would find the time to set it up and run it but I will as long as someone else does the collection/payout stuff for it - BJB?

So tentatively in and I'm sure Bigun and Reedie would also be in.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will play if Regs is able to do the set up, it is/was the best pool on TTP, well other than the old VMSL Premier pools, never take Slurrey to win.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM,

Can you mention this potential pool to Spada/Doddy? They usually enter when we've done this one in the past.

Thanks!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is up everybody.....

So far only 10 people confirmed. I'm think we need atleast 15 to make it somewhat interesting, 20 or more would be best.

Work on your friends people..... pretty simple pool.... just ask KNVB.... he holds the record for most losses due to the Monday Nighter!! :D

Reminder there is no spread, each game is pick outright winner.... simple really!!! :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW.

That is like your first post since 2002 or something :D

Apparently Kurgan is on crutches so he might not be able to play this contest :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talked to Reedy & Bigun today and they are 100% in.

That leaves us with 14 assuming no one bails, need a couple more and we are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts