Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'08 Stanley Cup Finals First Round (Series Winner) - Phillidelphia vs Washington

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a joke.

That second goal by Kapanen should have never counted... The flyers player hammers and drives the Caps defender straight into Huet and takes both of them out of the net for Kapanen to hammer home.

The NHL should be giving the referees of that game a rest (read: suspension for the remainder of the Playoffs)
1. It should have been no goal, and the Caps should have gone on the PP
2. That cost the Caps the game
3. Poti gets a penalty that was a joke, considering the referees showed zero consistency with the calls...
4. The NHL would have been better for the Wash v Pitt second round

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The right team won at the end of the day! What a great series, that Ovechkin kid is the best player in the game. Bring on Les Habitants!

Broadstreet into Round 2! F'in lovin it.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the right team win?

Philly won, but not because they were better...They went ahead 2-1 on a goal that never should have counted...

They are through and there is nothing to do now but hit the links, but if I was Ovechkin the first thing I would have done after that game is blast the NHL officials...It was horribly officiated (both ways) the First period was a parade to the box and the whistles were broken for the next period and a half. then phantom calls start being made and non-calls are not made...all very confusing.

The NHL Marketing dept missed out on the best marketing matchup ever in Ovechkin/Backstrom/Semin/Greene/Huet vs Crosby/Malkin/Staal/Malone/Whitney/Fluery

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The right team won because as Z covered earlier in the year on other threads they scored more goals.

I think Philly are a better team - Washington is in a junk division and picked up a very favorable #3 seed. Phillies division qualified mores team for the playoffs than other other, points are tougher to scrape out through the regular season. The Caps made some huge strides after firing Hanlon and they picked up some peices for a push at the end. They're fun to watch but IMO it was the right result.

There was nothing wrong with that second goal - a very qualified and well positioned official felt it was clean and I'm sure Ovechkin can live with that. Kapanen still had to make a decent shot for that empty net.:D

Marketing wise sure - NBC would be able to draw a few hundred more viewers with Ovechkin and Crosby playing each other for their once a week Sunday morning game, but Philly and Montreal has been a great rivalry over the years, so I'm indifferent to the NHL's marketing woes.

Now the NHL can salivate over Briere, Hatcher, Kukkonen, Fitzpatrick v. Kovalev, Price and a whole bunch of last names I can't pronounce.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0