Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 PCSL Results and match reports.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Action Tart

Possession of the ball in your own half may look good, but it sure as hell doesn't create chances!!! None of your lads wanted any part of the physical play... When we won the ball you couldn't get it back... You have a young fit team that likes to play at their feet, but other than your two front runners (they had no service in which to work) your players kept switching the ball and going backwards... Janzen was the weakest I've ever seen, he didn't run with the ball and didn't even seem interested in coming for it the ball... Without him, you guys looked average at best... Also possible it had something to do with the absence of Villars!!!

Captain, for the record...
Winning the PCSL I beleivedoes get you a Provincial spot (assuming your a BC team)... The only problem is all of your players must be signed to that squad by the end of January to be eligible...:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget.

When you have so little to brag about through out a season such as ours, you simply must go hard when you finally get a good result.

Even if it is against a bunch of Virgins. :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chastity Belts

Where do the AIA Virgins get thier belts when the team travels to big bad Slurrey to play at Cloverdale Athletic.
That would be a great look for the CheerLeaders.

That would be a great name for a womens team.

Surrey Beavers vs. AIA Virgins

followed be the

Burnaby Bush vs. Vancouver Vixons

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Bush vs. Vancouver Vixons
I'd be very interested in seeing the clash between the Burnaby Bush and the South Arm Smoothies.

The debate of which is better between Bush and Smoothies has been going on for a long time...

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would'nt want to Tangle with the Bush

And the Smoothies play such pretty football, and they all appear to be sooo young.

Tough call on who would end up on top in that match.

HOS

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with the comments about our lack of purpose with our possession last night, missing our target (Villars) hurt that- and also Cory was pretty banged up last night - probably should not have played - we rely on him to get us going offensively and he usually runs the middle of the park and runs it very well. It's too bad that he was not 100% because I think he is brilliant at breaking down a team defensively and makes all of our possession far more productive - we had to play him wide last night because he was hurting -- our lack of depth showed yesterday. - something I'm sure that you all can relate to.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skagit Rapids 7
Team BC 1

Ouch.

Bad day that started with only 13 players (two keepers) showing up at the pickup spot. Proceeded to get worse when Highway 99 was closed down due to a traffic fatality. Things continued downhill when the Peace Arch border crossing decided to check the trunks of ever car in our lane. By 1:50pm, we arrived for our 2:00 kickoff. Luverly.

You can all assess how the rest of the day went by the scoreline. Skagit had a good side, but we didn't really offer much in the way of resistence. Most of the guys were more keen about going to Jack In The Box, rather than getting back into a match where we were down 3-buzz after 15 minutes.

Have you tried a grilled sourdough jack? I can't really blame them.

Oh yeah, we got Dayo Oyetugo back into contention for the golden boot tonite, letting him pop for four goals in about 60 minutes.

Thankfully, nobody will really notice such a lopsided loss as most seem to be focussed on this "Nations Cup" thingy.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victoria beat Team BC 7-0 today.

I'll also be thanking the almighty lord and savior for the conclusion of this summer. This particular loss had special meaning as I actually competed in it. Players are always keen to see their coaches make complete fcuking asses of themselves when trying to play. Or so I gathered from today.

We've been outscored 27-3 in our last five games.

Boo.
-Sensei.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to the dark side Luke.

Next thing you know CDK will imagine you on all fours in some alley on Davie with my self or Fastshow no doubt. He's sick that way. Obviously.

Perverted Crote.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson
Victoria beat Team BC 7-0 today.

Well, look on the bright side.

1) It was only one touchdown, and PAT.

2) Surrey did you guys better, by a FIELD GOAL!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pip, don't you have a gas fight or something to go to with your buddies? Make sure The Apprentice is there as well.

:eek: It's the look.....

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrap-Up

The PCSL season finished the year off with Victoria United winning a impressive double when they took home the John F. Kennedy cup. This is an international type tourney with the trophy contested by the Oregon State champions, the Washington State champions, the BC team in the PCSL which finishes highest in the league standings, and a chosen host team which were the Skagit Rapids. Victoria also won the league title this year which in it's self is an impressive feat, what with Seattle having won it the last 4 years (at least) in a row. Congratulations are defiantly in order for the Gorge/Vantries summer squad. It's been a solid year for Island soccer to say the least.

Khalsa won the PCSL's other major title the Sheila Anderson memorial cup better know as the Challenge cup. Khalsa had a strong side this season and played some nice fast paced football it was good to watch at times, but I hope "some" don't take the small success they had on the PCSL scene and truly believe it can be translated over to the Metro league, I've played in both for 5 years now and it's defiantly two different leagues. Honestly.

This years Golden boot winner was Dayo Oyetugo from Skagit with 15 I know first had how well he can score I think he slammed 4 past us in our two meetings. Guinness's neck will never be the same after watching Dayo run by him so much. Second and only one goal back was Khalsa's Alan Marcina (Croatian I think) and despite that he had a good season offensively any how.

Dayo Oyetugo Skagit Rapids 15
Alan Marcina New Westminster 14
Ryan Hopp Skagit Rapids 10
Josh Simpson Victoria United 9
Steve Williams Victoria United 9

On a personal note; Surrey United year was less than spectacular to say the least, we/I were plagued with injures and some of us fought the burn out bug, but there were many great times had and some quality stuff played by a young group of semi alcoholic degenerates. Comprised of Surrey U men's, Sportstown, Surrey United's impressive core of youth and Metro Ford (being the biggest degenerates of course.) Some of our youth indeed impressed and as a club it's safe to say Surrey's future look bright. I just hope those dirty MF buggers didn't do to much damage.

I'd would like to thank any of the league executive who may read this on behalf of the players at Surrey United for putting on a top notch program and running the best summer league around. Everything was first class.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wrap-Up, I heard a good Joke

Originally posted by knvb
Surrey United year was less than spectacular to say the least, Comprised of Surrey U men's, Sportstown, Surrey United's impressive core of youth and Metro Ford (being the biggest degenerates of course.)

knvb, What do you get when you combine Slurrey U., Sportstoon, and Metro Ford?

A Pink beat up Ford Pinto, driven by a Slurrey bird that can't score, even at Cloverdale Athletic.

HOSthejokemaker

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

Everything was first class.
Including that make believe card trouble you were in so you didn't make the Victoria trip and played in the TTP Golf Tourney insted???:rolleyes:

Wind Up;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts