Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Transfer Market

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that Euro is over the summer spending spree will begin soon.

So far...

Larsson, Deco to Barca.
Davids, Veron to Inter.
Kezman, Robbins, Cech to Chelsea.
Stam to Milan.

Although some of these are not big money moves there is still some big players moving out there. Anybody know of any others?

Fasty any rumors flying aroung England???

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Massive signings for the Huns.....

Nacho Novo - 450 000 quid.....from Dundee

Marvin Andrews - free - Livingston

Gavin Rae - free - Wolves

Diddy Prso - Monaco - free(?)

Jean Alain Boumsong -

These signings should carry the Huns through to the final stages of the Champions League this year......

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it was nice winning 3 of the last 4 league championships......:)

Yes, good things must come to an end but the Bhoys will have signed some quality to try and replace Ghod. For the record, look for Celtic to announce TWO big signings on Friday......A little birdie told me so....... :rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hasselbank?

Stevie Oneder thought it might be us as Jimmy Floyd was spotted in Glasgow.

We did sell Atita I think.

Ah, not even September and all the talk's about the Auld Firm.

Go fcuk yourselves,

RF

;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

Arteta is basically on the way out as they came to some kind of an agreement with Real Sociedad. If JFH signs with one of the teams, it will more than likely be Celtic. That might be part of the reason MON ended talks with Novo, even after Celtic offered him 500 000 quid. Apparently, there was a problem with the agent wanting a certain percentage and of course, Novo's old team, Raith Rovers, getting a percentage. So Rangers stole one on us. :rolleyes: , just like Emerson last year... :D

To be honest, I think Boumsong will be a decent signing but he will be playing with mince in the back.....Rae will be chopping everything in sight, Prso will spend half the season in the medical room, Marvin Andrews will be no better than what the Huns already had. Michael Stewart MIGHT be a decent signing if he keeps his head(he couldn't at Notts Forest last year and they let him go), and Novo will score about 16 goals. He has only scored once against Celtic in the last two years, so I'm not overly concerned about him......

As for Celtic, Jamie Smith might be on the move to a first division team in England. Mjallby is gone to Levante(new team promoted to La Liga) on a two year contract. Celtic received nothing as far as I know. Bobby Petta appears to be heading back to Celtic, along with David Fernandez. That will do nothing to bolster our squad. Hartson is the fittest he has ever been since joining Celtic. Sean Maloney is out until Christmas along with young Kennedy. Marshall and Douglas will be fighting it for number one but there is a rumour that Celtic is going to sign the PSV goalkeeper(name escapes me right now). Celtic will be hoping for big things from youngster Aiden McGeady but he still might not be ready to be a big impact.......To end this, Celtic NEEDS to sign at least 3 decent players to make sure they have at least a little depth, especially until the injured players get back. Having said that, we are in the fcuking group stages on the CL and our team is not good enough right now to get past this stage. It is probably still good enough to win the league again, even without Ghod, but injuries will be the big thing....

Celtic's probable starting 11 as of now....

Balde Varga McNamara

Agathe Petrov Lennon Pearson Thompson

Sutton Hartson

subs......Sylla, Fernandez, McGeady, Valgaaren(?), Beattie

But who knows? There are still a few several weeks until the tour and the start of the league on August 7th.....

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to mention that Paul Lambert will be in Germany for the first couple of months of the season, as he is trying to complete his coaching license. MON gave him permission, as he knows this is Lamberts last year. He is almost 35 after all.......

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS for you!

Heinz will cost Celtic more than a hill of beans
First Published: Jul 06, 2004

Scottish double winners Celtic have been told to double their money if they want Czech striker Marek Heinz, seen here at the Euro 2004, to fill Henrik Larsson's shooting boots
Scottish double winners Celtic have been told to double their money if they want Czech striker Marek Heinz to fill Henrik Larsson's shooting boots.

The Bhoys are among five teams tracking the 26-year-old but his club Banik Ostrava reckon Heinz's price has shot up thanks to his performances which helped the Czech Republic reach the last four at Euro 2004.

Sweden hitman Larsson scored 173 goals in 221 Premier League appearances for Celtic before joining Barcelona on a free transfer during pre-season.

And Bhoys boss Martin O'Neill needs a goalscorer with similar ability.

Ostrava have yet to receive an official offer for Heinz, who was mostly used as a substitute by Czech manager Karel Bruckner, but netted against Latvia before his superb left-footed free-kick contributed to Germany's exit.

That one moment of class could now mean the difference between Celtic snapping him up for around one million pounds (1.8m dollars) before he made the trip to Portugal to paying double that if they now decide to make an offer.

Ostrava director Dalibor Zaruba told the Press Association: "We know of five clubs who are interested in Marek and Celtic are one of them.

"There is also interest from Germany, Portugal and some clubs in Italy but there is no official offer on the table yet.

"Before the European Championships, the price we would be looking for would have been approximately one million pounds.

"That price is now double."

Heinz endured an unhappy spell in Germany with Hamburg and Arminia Bielefeld and is unlikely to opt for a return to the Bundesliga.

The lure of Champions League football - guaranteed with Celtic next season - means he would consider a move to Scotland to either half of the Old Firm although Rangers have not made any contact with his agent.

The Ibrox side snapped up Dundee striker Nacho Novo earlier Tuesday - Alex McLeish's sixth pre-season signing - meaning any move Heinz makes to the Premier League is likely to be with Celtic.

But Zaruba believes Heinz could snub a move to Parkhead in favour of a warmer climate and the chance to play in Portugal or Italy.

"We think he will leave and we will be happy if Marek is happy at his new club. He played for three years in Germany and was not satisfied with the society or the clubs there and then he came to Ostrava but I think he needs to make money now," said Zaruba.

"I don't think he will return to Germany - I think he would prefer a move to southern Europe."

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing I'm lovin this transfer season is watching Abramobitch and his Chelsea millions bieng turned down by players!

Loved it when Gerrard said NO (although wont last for long, look to see the speculation start up again around January)

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crespo to AC Milan, this opens the door for Chelski to try another attempt at Drogdba. The first bid was rejected.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crespo's gone to Milan on a season loan deal. Considering Chelksi played 16.8 million quid a year ago for him, this looks like a move to be permanent if Crespo is able to find the net back in Italy.

On the United front, the big / great news for the Reds is that Carlos Quieroz is back as Fergie's assistant. Other than Captain Shamrock's favourite player .... Alan Smith, we've picked up Liam Miller from Celtic on a free :rolleyes: , Giuseppe Rossi from Parma on a free, Gerard Pique from Barcelona on a free and Gabriel Heinze, a 25 year old Argentine Centre Back from PSG at 6.9 million.

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't any of the top european teams have any sort of feeder system for the first team. It seems that alot of clubs now days just buy players instead of working with the youth or reserve teams. The players themselves never seem to last on a team for long after their transfer, it is more like an assembly line now , one day your in the next your out.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast Cowboy,

You're very right about that. Certain teams like Ajax and Celtic(not being biased) have very strong youth programs. Celtic will be relying on its youngins over the next few years and they do have some good ones. This year, the Bhoys won the Under 21 and Under 18 league titles, to go along with the Championees of the SPL. This is the first time this has ever been done. So, things are looking up in terms of producing talent. Look for kids like McGlinchy, McGeady, McManus, and Quinn to get a bit more first team football this year. They have all signed 4 year contracts and look to be a part of the equation for the next few years.

Ajax has a phenomenal youth program and they just develop players and then sell them to some of the bigger leagues in Europe. It would be nice to see more teams relying on their youth systems, rather than their bank accounts(see Chelsea/Arsenal) but that's not the current state of the game.....

Captain

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont know if I'd class Arsenal as a huge money spender. I mean they have spent a fair bit but alot of their buys have been bargains see Viera and Henry. They dont have the homegrown talent of a Celtic or Ajax but those clubs also dont have the cash of a Man U or Chelsea.

Then again you cant compare anyone to Chelsea, I cant believe they'd but Crespo for 16 mill he scores 12 in 16 games I think then they let him go!!
Now they're gonna pay 28 mill for that Drogba lad!

The phrase "more money than sense" comes to mind

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts