Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 World Junior Hockey Championships

Who will win the 2005 World Juniors?

• The US of A :mad:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Czechs

• The Slovaks

• The Russians

• The Swedes

• The Fins

• The Swiss

• The Belarussians

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know? I love Christmas. Not because it's Christmas, which I do love, but because it's time for the bestest hockey tourney EVER! The World Junior Championships kick off Christmas day with Canada playing at 1:30pm our time vs. Slovakia. Just a bump in the road.

They are saying that this is the best team Canada has ever put together. Gilbert Brule couldn't even make the team. That is saying something.

The fact that Fluery isn't in net this year, bodes well for us also. No one to choke in the big game this year.

So who's going to watch, and who's going to win?

Stupid question, I know. :D

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm right there with you TheRob. I absolutely love this tourney. Come Christmas day everything will come to a stop once the puck drop's. GO Canada GO.....let's win this thing on American soil!!!!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
The fact that Fluery isn't in net this year, bodes well for us also. No one to choke in the big game this year.
. :D

Canada's weakest area has to be in goal. None of these guys have International experience and could be a little nervous playing on such a big stage. Have they even decided on a #1 yet? It would have been nice to have a guy in there like Fleury despite what happened last year because he is a very good goalie for his age and has some experience.

Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins looks like he is gonna dominate this years tournament. He was on a line with Crosby and they just ripped apart Finland yesterday. He can put the puck in the net in the NHL so I dont see a problem for him getting atleast 5 or 6 this tourney. Take him as the MVP.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada steamrolls the Swiss 5 donut. Can anyone stop this team? I can't wait fro Christmas day. :D

knvb, how about a bookie event. WJHC's outright?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't wait for Christmas Day...and nobody is to be found!!

Canada 8 Sweden 1

WOW!!! What a slaughter...and how many times do we have to "feel shame" and the Swiss not take advantage!! :rolleyes:

Can't wait for that Russia/Canada game...good time!!

striker14

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada steamrolls Finland and get a bye into the semi's. They will either draw the Fins or the Czechs. Can't wait till they meet the Usa in the finals.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada on to the Finals......Man did the Giants goalie look good for the Czechs tonight easily the player of the game!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Canada on to the Finals......Man did the Giants goalie look good for the Czechs tonight easily the player of the game!!

Well...he saw 42 shots and only let in 3, so I would say so. Great game...Patrice Bergeron's goal was B E A U T I F U L...what patience for a young kid like that, eh?

On to the Russian's...anyone catch the game? TSN must have already given rights to NFL because I was searching for the USA vs. Russia game and couldn't find it...later found out that Russia stomped them 7-2
WOO HOO :wa:

Should be a good one...5:05pm on Tuesday!!

GO CANADA GO

striker14

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
6-1 for Canada 2nd intermission. They're playing awesome but the ref's might be stealing the show a bit.

Hard Ballz

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make it a final....Canada beats Russia 6-1. Great effort by the Canadians to capture the gold and to shut those guys up. From what I've seen over the years this has to be the best junior team ever....just totally dominated in every category.....well done!

Hard Ballz

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good work from the lads to bring it home. Lots of talent there to watch in the future. Any Canucklehead prospects in the tourney ?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On team Canada I dont think there was, I may be wrong. Mike Brown (US) and the Schenider(sp?) the back up goalie for Team USA, are both Canuck picks.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0