Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Mens Cup - Final - Sapperton Champs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone be able to tell me when this pain will go away?

Congrats once again to WAB and the boys, a well deserved win.

Animal

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a runner-up (fancy word for loser) from last year I can tell you that sometime after Nations cup it dulls, marginally, but only because you've spent 2 full days arguing with people you see once a year about things you’ve said on TTP that likely they've taken out of context, with your shirts off, of course. All while destroying nerve and brain cells with over priced pints. To be honest though, the pain of the conversations, hang-over(s), sun-burn head and the 700 hours of running in 300 degree heat is really only masking it by creating a different and new level of pain.

Not all is lost though I will let you know it does seem to lesson more when the new season starts again, but only because you change your focus from last year loss (Read: choking in the final) to the possibilities of the season ahead.

Sadly, the sting in the back of your head that you let something truly special slip through your fingers, I'm afraid, doesn’t ever seem to goes away.

The only things getting me through the days and long nights are that I’m safe in the knowledge that I have had the unbelievable and frankly, indescribable experience, of winning it once already and of course, that and I’m ridiculously good looking.

Oh, sorry.

I’ll get you some rope.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Sid,

I made sure Donny Smith was recognized and definitely never forgotten.
WAB First Class if you metioned the late Donny Smith. I think you should Donny's son out and have him as your honararyt captain fotr nationals. Just a thought well done by the way. I will definately be out there for nationals. Gregg how are ya?

LFCdude

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where did you guys find the preliminary schedule for the challenge cup? Obviously the second berth should go to the runners up, but to be totally honest the whole format with 12 teams stinks. 4 groups of 3 absolutely blows. Is this format already settled upon? Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the CSA changed it though.....seems like they like to change it every year for some insane reason. As well the whole reason they have 12 teams is so the Yukon can pick their all-star team and come and play. This is all fine and dandy but then the CSA had better be damn sure those (expletive rhymes with suckers) play when the tourney is out east as well. Seems the only time the Yukon wants to enter is when the tournament is out west which is absolute BS. They are either in or out......none of this different formats just to accomadate them.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wednesday said:
Canadasoccer.com, national championships. Try this link;

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/natchamps/club/challenge.asp?sub2=2

So looking at this link - it appears as though there will be two BC teams represented in both the women's and men's sides of the tourney. Anyone know if this is true? Will the other BC teams be the ones who finished second in provincials (Coquitlam for women and Firetown for men) or will Surrey FC somehow get their new women's team (old UBC) into the tourney as hosts?:confused:

After seeing the Yukon men's team get thumped last year I can't imagine how awful a Yukon women's team would be.;) I do like the fact that they have semis on the women's side now - it seemed so unfair that there was no cross-over between the two pools - one side could be weak and get an easy ride to the final.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coquitlam City has been confirmed as the second BC team for the upcoming Nationals. Would assume Firemen would be given the same privilege.

Format is a little better than in the past - three groups of 4. Three round robin games, followed by semis and a final.

Seeding (based on previous year's standings) has both BC mens teams in the same group. That's a shame. The second BC team for men and women will be the 12th seed. That's a helluva 12th seed in any case.

LFCdude

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard various reports that the Ontario team (believe it was GS United) that won the Challenge cup in Calgary had the title stripped due to the use of an ineligible player. First, has anyone heard this rumor? If this is true that would completely change the groupings. I heard that the CSA had stripped them of the title about 2 weeks after the tournament but I haven't heard anything since. Any info on this would be much appreciated.

LFCdude

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we have booked our place in Surrey as well now! Gotta be honest the team is looking fairly solid and we are looking forward to playing both BC teams and Ontario......not! What a group! Whoever comes out will definitely have earned it.

Has anyone heard anything about this supposed "Open Canada cup" that the CSA may or may not be running this year?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFCdude said:
Well we have booked our place in Surrey as well now! Gotta be honest the team is looking fairly solid and we are looking forward to playing both BC teams and Ontario......not! What a group! Whoever comes out will definitely have earned it.

Has anyone heard anything about this supposed "Open Canada cup" that the CSA may or may not be running this year?

Does Tony Nocita or Paul or Des Clarke have anything to do with Lucania any more? Do you see those guys around at all?

LFCdude

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paul is actually the coach of Lucania. Tony Nocita plays for Lucania's hated rival Son's of Bitches err....Son's of Italy. Tony has spent the better part of 3 years trying to figure out how to beat Lucania in the cup. He has been quite unsuccessful to date! Des is still playing with a team in the lower divisions of the MMSL and can still put back more pints than the next guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0