Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 Athletic Club of BC (ACBC) Challenge Cup

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well ,the fields are booked for the 2007 ACBC Challenge Cup.
Set for the second weekend in August (10th-13th) at Burnaby West Sports Complex.
Please go to www.acbcfc.com for all the results from last year.
All the 2007 info will be posted this weekend.
Important info and changes to note*
*Increase in registration fee
*Open mens tournament
*priority registration to all teams from last year
This tournament was a blast last year and was a great warm-up for the Winter season.
Please register early as the ACBC Challenge Cup will sell out.
*Any mens team and players are welcome.
Please spread the word
Play hard with no cards

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year was a lot of fun...too bad more peeps didn't show for it cause a lot of good footy was played and the food and bevvy was great too.

Bigger this year though Rich?Last year there was 16 teams right?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No check out www.acbcfc.com for all of last years stats and teams.
24- just like last year.

Getting lots of questions emailed to me from new teams,,funny thing is most of the teams interested are Div 2-3 teams,,no interest yet from Premier teams..You would think with the prize money that the better teams would enter but that is not the case.
Last years teams get first crack at registering and then any openings will be filled on a first come first serve.
I will have an opening soon as 1 team from last year has dropped out as they had winter problems and are disbanding.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not knowing if you have looked in to it... but.

Is there no way you can find GRASS to play on.
It would make the tournament 10 times more popular.
For the players bodies and the fan support.

and after this rainy cold winter, am looking forward to playing on grass again.

nothinglikefootballongrass.

LION

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree but due to baceball (fields are not available), and rain (2years ago all fields were shut down for 2 weeks in August) we cannot afford to have canceled games. Teams travelling from out of town would be screwed and tournaments cant postpone games.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
SOCCER TOURNAMENT INFO

IS YOUR TEAM GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR $11,000.00

YOU WON'T KNOW UNLESS YOU TRY

We would like to invite you to check out our website at www.acbcfc.com
To invite you to register for our summer soccer tournament with over $11.000 in prize money.
Last years winners of $8000.00 were the Vancouver United soccer club.
It is the only local tournament left in the lower mainland with exception of the Nations Cup.
A great way to have a look at new players and to warm up before the Winter Season.
The date for this years tournament is August 10th -13th.
You will be guaranteed 3 full 90 min games with referees and linesmen.
All games to be played at the Burnaby Parks Turf fields.
Complete with beer gardens and great food.
Open to any and all men's teams.
First 24 teams to register get in.
Please go to www.acbcfc.com for all tournament info and info on last years results.
Registration info is on the site.

note*- all though this is an open tournament most interested teams have been from Div.2-3 .
Last years tournament was made up mostly of Div.2-3 teams as well. We are not sure why more Div.1 and Premier teams dont take the challange and compete for this huge prize purse.
Mabee its your year to take the money,,but you wont know unless you try.
So come join us for a great fun soccer weekend with lots of footy for cash.
Play hard with no Cards.
Rich
ACBC
604-841-3441

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A better Bastard now.

I think The Surrey Dynamo will be back this season...

I'm pretty sure we were the only team to spend the entire weekend in the Beer Gardens and still went deep (Semi's loss to ACBC)

Looking forward to it Rich!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are very pleased to announce 2 womens divs have been added to our tournament for this summer. Open and Rec....
index is being updated with all the info and will be posted shortly...The dates are the same Aug 10th - 13th and will be held on the grass fields at Burnaby Sports East.
We will be shareing the beer gardens at Bby West.
2 divs of 12 teams ea.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the Horrifying event which happened to our team this past few weeks ago, Our guys at last practice pooled their money together and donated it to Coquitlum City Arsenal so they can afford to take up the challange I am posting here today.
We Challenge Arsenal to a friendly rematch at our tournament, With the entree fee to the tournament waived and paid for by our players.
Why,,To set things right. in our minds. We feel Arsenal had a bad game and need this game as much as we do for bragging rights. We know a few guys on their team and they are as embarrased as we are by the way things were handeled.
They as much as us need to know.
So Arsenal???you know how to get ahold of me..What say you

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So your saying, the women tourney on the Grass pitches.
And the guys are staying on the rubber cement, in the middle of summer?

LION

sam1

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont understand why no premiere teams enter this tournament!?
FREE money for the taking... especially for PAU. vs div 2 teams!!
easy money! i'll pay the entry fee, you guys play and i'll give u half the dough.
i like those odds

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have 12 teams entered now and lots of inquires,,,,,But no thats a big 0 on premier teams,,lol,,go figure ,,Who would have thought that Div 2 teams would take up the challange and not a single Premier team. If you can figuar this out let me know,,,mabee we need to raise the entree fee..lol

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you know that the winner of the Open Canada Cup receives $10.000 and (according to CONCACAF's rules) qualifies to play in the CONCACAF Champions Cup. Did you know that no team from Western Canada ever competes in the Open Canada Cup. (huge travel exspences most likely).
The OCC people have arranged, for any Western team, a buy into the semi finals of the OCC, to be played on a Friday 2 days before the final (Sunday) at the same location to help with travel exspences. Still a huge undertakeing for any Western team for sure.
For some reason no Div 1 team in Canada competes in the OCC as all the MLS and Div 1 teams do in the States. (Lamar Hunt Open US Cup). As of right now the only teams to compete in the OCC are Ontario and Quebec Amature Mens teams and the CPSL Pro teams from again Ontario and Quebec. (www.cpsl.org)
We have started this ACBC Challange Cup with one thing in mind,,,to send the winning team out East to represent the West at the OCC. Not this year unfortunately as we could only raise $10.000 in cash from sponcers as prize money. But for next year and years to follow. This years big money tournament is to raise awareness to all, on what our plans are, and also, so we can invite the OCC people out here to see our event and hopefully have them lend us there name for next years tournament. (Open Canada Cup Western Qualifyer).
So please,either come out and have a cold one or register your team for a pre-season kick around and a chance at $10.000k . All for a great cause. A chance for a team from out West to stick it to the boys back East.
Build it and they will come.
Ghouse
ACBC
Go Canada

Well, that was last years post,and a few changes need to be made.The Toronto Lynx competed in the Open Canada Cup Last year, They finnished 2nd to Ottawa Italia. The OCC people came out and loved what they saw at our tournament. CONCACAF still wont give Canada a spot in the Champions cup.(but thats a changeing soon)And we now have a sponcer and a deal in place to send the winning team from the ACBC Challenge Cup to London Ontario directly into the Semi finals of the Open Canada Cup. To be played Friday night of the Labour Day weekend and if we win we stay to play in the Final at the same location 2 days later on the Sunday afternoon. Ps the winner of the Open Canada Cup wins $10,000.00.
So if you win the ACBC Challenge Cup you will receive $8,000.00 cash,,,,AND,an all exspences paid trip to London Ontario for 20 people(your team and coaches) Flights,Hotels,perdiums. for the Open Canada Cup up to 3 days. And if you win ,you get another $10,000.00 and the Open Canada Cup Trophie.
Not bad eh!
So we will be changeing this thread to read ,,The Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier Tournament.
I will post here when our web site has been changed and updated with all the new correct info. Should be a couple of days as I am working on it now.
I am very excited to be apart of this great event.
I hope you all now find a way to get a team together and enter our event.
We still have plenty of room with no Premier teams registered.
Go figure.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have 12 teams entered now and lots of inquires,,,,,But no thats a big 0 on premier teams,,lol,,go figure ,,Who would have thought that Div 2 teams would take up the challange and not a single Premier team. If you can figuar this out let me know,,,mabee we need to raise the entree fee..lol

I figure it's alot of Div2 teams with Premier players.
Just a guess.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please go to our new Thread ( Open Canada Cup Wester Qualifier ) as our tournament has been changed to the Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier.
We are trying to bring the best teams together to compete for the Nations Club Cup. To make soccer stronger in our great country and hopefully help the development of the greatest game on earth here in Canada. To aid in any way possable our Mens Soccer Program. To have fun and to get exposure for so many great local players.
$35,000.00 in cash and prizes
Rich
ACBC

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0