Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Canadian National U-16 Champions Surrey United

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time for me to beat the drum of this extrardinary group of footballers who were victorious at the Nationals held in Nova Scotia this last week. This same team attended the U-14 Nationals two years ago in Toronto and finished fourth after losing to Quebec in the semi-finals. To say we were unlucky in that loss is a gross understatement. We completely dominated that match but just could not put the ball in the net. To make matters worse, the ethics of the Quebec team disgusted me. When the whistle blew, my players collapsed on the field and every single one of them were in tears, disbelieving that Quebec could have two shots and two goals and we could have 50 shots and none!! Such is sport. The only relevant thing I could state at that time is to capture their emotions immediately, store them deep inside and to utilize them as fuel when we meet Quebec again two years down the road. Of course, the chances of winning a provincial title again and attending another Nationals was certainly not a given, especially with the incredible distractions presented to us here in BC, ie. NTC, Whitecaps, seasonal disparity, etc.

As fate would have it, we did it again and Quebec was in our group. We played Quebec in the deciding match to establish the semi-finalists. The tale of two years ago was timely presented and we proceeded to thrash another arrogant Quebec team 4-2 but this cocky coach will state it should have been much worse!!

On to Ontario next. Needless to say, most of us here on TTP will know that Quebec and Ontario will do almost anything to thwart a BC challenge. The manner we were treated in Toronto two years ago wreaked of unethical actions. I am not exaggerating this point. BC soccer sometimes throws us to the wolves when we compete with the rest of Canada. That is another story. We beat Ontario 4-0. Off to the Final.

Alberta vs BC. Another rivalry but this is a healthy one. A proper one. An ethical one. It wasn't a pretty final but we were the very much deserved Champions with a scrappy 2-1 victory.

I couldn't be happier for these young athletes but I especially couldn't be happier for my CLUB SURREY UNITED. The support our club gives us and all our players, recreational and elite, is outstanding and it pisses me off that some take it for granted. It pisses me off that clubs like ours are operating within a system that sometimes disregards the importance of clubs. Our club is a product of what I believe is a disfunctional system within Canadian soccer. This victory has more meaning to me than you can ever imagine. The things we have had to deal with to win this Championship were enough to make you wonder why you bother.

Thank you SURREY UNITED!!!!

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
all the crap you have to go through only make's the sweet taste of success all the sweeter well done way to make vancouver lower mainland and all of b.c. proud
congrats guys congrats :D

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations Spiro et al,

I read the Coulton Jackson scored five goals in one game, and finished with 9 in the tournament. And to think that team COULD have been better with the addition of Kule Kambere and Bobby Jhutty. A very talented group of individuals, bodes well for the Senior team in the near future.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Ballbaby and the rest of your team!

Regarding our club Surrey United: point taken and I will wear our 40th Anniversary retro jerseys this Friday night with pride!

:)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to you and the lads Spiro, outstanding !!

Great to see that one of the best youth (and senior) organizations in the country flying the flag for British Columbia.

Well done mate ....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great work, Spiro! Well done, m8.

It's too bad though you'll be losing all those players in a few years to Richmond Football Club. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0