Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 2010-2011 League Play

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit surprised there are no online comments for this division this year. I've been to watch a few games this year - having observed two of the top teams and a bottom team. Certainly some naivety in the play, some one-footed players...and although the quality of play isn't setting any standards on fire, there is some good intention in the play. It's a great transition period for some boys obviously not ready to play the Peace Arch United's, and ACBC's of the world (etc).

I do have one question - how come the Langley u21 teams are so bad every year???

At a 6 team league the situation is not ideal, but hopefully some of the youth clubs can start to buy-in. I believe Abbotsford will be adding a u21 team next year. I just wonder why there are no Surrey teams - surely they have enough interest for two teams.

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do we need an U-21 division? Most of the good Langley 18 year olds play somewhere else other than play for a coach who is banned from youth. We have 6 or 7 in div.2 and they don't look out of place.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky, sorry, I shouldn't say I was commenting specifically on Langley - just that I was surprised they struggle so much. They are a part of the Langley Men's program, so I just wondered why they struggle each year so much.

A u21 division? I think, although I didn't clarify, it should be geared for those 16-18 year olds playing high level of gold or metro (ie, move them out of youth asap), and a mixture of 19 year olds who aren't quite ready for division 1 or 2 yet...etc. There will always be the odd 18 year old ready to move straight to premier league etc, yes, I believe there is a place for a u21 league.

In my opinion Chwk FC is doing it right in u21 - a team full of 16-18 year olds with just a smattering of 19+, and I believe even a 15 year old. Hopefully they can move up to Div 2 next year while maintaining a u21 team.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we found the really good Langley U21s....They are playing VMSL!

Langley U21 are top of the table with 3 straight wins, including some lopsided scores to their credit. They have already beaten perennial favourites, Coq. Metro Ford.

Does anyone know what the story is with them? Is this last year's selects team, graduated from youth and moved up, or are these younger players who didn't want to bother with the BCSPL (aka HPL) in their U18 season? Or something different altogether?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we found the really good Langley U21s....They are playing VMSL!

Langley U21 are top of the table with 3 straight wins, including some lopsided scores to their credit. They have already beaten perennial favourites, Coq. Metro Ford.

Does anyone know what the story is with them? Is this last year's selects team, graduated from youth and moved up, or are these younger players who didn't want to bother with the BCSPL (aka HPL) in their U18 season? Or something different altogether?

I cant say for sure but they could be the u20 y-league langley team that tied the fvsl all stars last season? possibilty i guess

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Langley Super-20 team was NOT affiliated with Langley United youth soccer.

The VMSL u21 team is of course affiliated with Langley Utd youth soccer. My question is....why is there a Langley United men's soccer club but it is NOT affiliated with Langley United youth soccer? Which came first? The FVSL u21 team is part of LU men's and thus not affiliated with the LU youth or LU u21 VMSL team...sheesh. Whichever came first should have the "rights" to the club name shouldn't they? I mean, at least in Manchester one is called MUFC and the other is called FCUM! :)

A quick look at the men's web site suggests that having been around 80 years tells me the men's club was around before the youth one?? About LUFC.

No clue when the youth club started.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0