Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 World Cup Qualifiers

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS,

Nothing spectacular.....couple of quick guys that caused us some grief. They took the play to us in the first half, but no real chances that I remember. We hit the post, but thats all we offered. Second half was ours but Blakeway scored on a free header in our six with about a 20 to go:mad: We pushed a bit but thats how it ended. We are in dire need of a striker....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The manager says it all in this clip.
Shocking.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK5EZzNyZRg]YouTube - Chris Iwelumo misses open goal[/ame]

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
He wasn't offside. He was in line when the ball was played and even if he was offside, it is an absolute &$#@! shambles to put that wide:mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
24 to 25 seconds you stop it, you can see his toe is ahead of the ball. I wouldn't worry about it anyway........as Scotland won't be making the World Cup sadly as Kris Boyd has thrown the dummie in..........:rolleyes:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is shocking From Boyd , he said " a want ma baa, am goin hame" shortly after his replacement missed from 2 yards. Iwelumo said "Ive never missed one like that at Preston north end"

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
24 to 25 seconds you stop it, you can see his toe is ahead of the ball. I wouldn't worry about it anyway........as Scotland won't be making the World Cup sadly as Kris Boyd has thrown the dummie in..........:rolleyes:

Still a bit early to be saying that CS:mad: Boyd or no Boyd! What is it with these wankers today???? To play for your country should be a privilege! Egotistical wee boys stomping their feet. Not that I'm a fan of Burley in particular, but he's the manager and his decisions should be viewed on as being for the greater good.......

Better off without anyone that feels that he is bigger than the Scottish badge on his shirt. Wanker!:mad:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both. ;)

Boyd has a point. He is a shocking footballer at best but a goal machine, like the inverse of Miller. ;)

Fact is two mistakes were made.
1.) Subbing Iwuleho (african native tongue for I miss sitters right?) instead of Boyd
2.) Subbing off Faddy for another "striker"

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both. ;)

Boyd has a point. He is a shocking footballer at best but a goal machine, like the inverse of Miller. ;)

Fact is two mistakes were made.
1.) Subbing Iwuleho (african native tongue for I miss sitters right?) instead of Boyd
2.) Subbing off Faddy for another "striker"

Actually JBN, no he doesn't. He may have had 7 goals for Scotland in 15 games....6 of them he started, but goal machine?? Yes maybe....if we played against shite every game in mostly meaningless games.

Made his debut against Bulgaria in Japan (Kirin Cup) and scored 2 in a 5-1 win.
Scored 2 goals for Scotland against the Faroe Islands in ...a 6-0 rout
Scored in a 2-1 win against Georgia, then gets subbed and his replacement, Beattie scores the winner.
Scores the winner against South Africa in a friendly at Pittodrie.
Scores against Lithuania at Hampden (3-1).

Fair enough, you still have to score, but 2 against Bulgaria in a cup that no-one has heard about except us because its the only thing that has eased the pain off the past few years doesn't exactly turn heads.
Faroe who gives a daffy duck Islands? Nuff said.
South Africa in a friendly?
Goals against Georgia and Lithuania...fair enough, but if this what we expect from a striker that should be on the park....God help us all!

He gets limited playing time with Rangers....in fact, he has only started 6 out of 15 games for Scotland. When Italy beat us at Hampden 2-1 last year, he was subbed on after they scored their second....for what, 30 seconds? Why not throw a tantrum then and quit?

He's quitting because a virtual no-name gets the start ahead of him, thus putting his own miserable ego in front of his country. I am still raging that Iwelumo missed the sitter and maybe Boyd would have been in that same position and finished it, but Iwelumo did ok for us I thought....would have liked Robson to have got yanked and Faddy played with him, but maybe in the future.
I also understand that pride gets dented and maybe he felt some embarassment....I can understand that and would maybe empathise a bit before he decided to throw in the towel.
As it stands now, he can go and suck on his dummy tit and take a huge flying hockey puck to himself!
He should never again be considered for Scotland even after Burley's tenure. What we need is everyone of those boys fighting for Scotland and be happy and proud just to be included. Thats what got us that close for the Euros.....Scottish heart and pride...not some nancy boy whining 'I cant believe I never got a bouncy castle for Christmas' wanker like Kris Boyd......or CS;)

So no mate, I absolutely disagree 110%. He has no point and he should be fed to the wolves!

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm in total agreement with dancing bear, Boyd should be allowed to take the huff forever. To address JBN's selection of Burley mistakes. Faddy asked to be subbed when he started to feel his groin go, this was in the post match report. Who's to say that Boyd had not been expressing his displeasure before the game? Would you play a guy having a wank?

Unfortunately for us Miller was injured or this game would have had a different outcome.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miller's still the guy anyway but can see a point for Boyd.
Not to the extent where he puts his ego before his country though.
He has just as much right if not more than Iweulmo getting in that game IMHO.

Dalgleish was the best when he apparently got 'snubbed' in his day when not playing and/or being omitted from selection.
Didn't say a word and just kept working his way back into the line-up.
Fcuking class he was.

The bottom line is Burley played a 4-5-1 at home and if he didn't Boyd would have probably seen the pitch.
4-5-1 at home?
Give me strength...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve & Co...

Didn't see the bit about Faddy and the groin, fair dues.

Boyd is out of order to put his ego in front of the team, but seriously, he is entitled to his opinion...If he isn't going to get a game since Burley insists on playing total donkeys like Iwelumo ahead of him, why not announce you are done until a new manager is installed? He can now focus on scoring against St Mirren, and St Johnstone et all during CIS ties and in garbage time, and all his goals come off peno's right :rolleyes:

can't win for losing... :D

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-5-1 at home?
Give me strength...

It's a Scottish thang. Or tictacs when you don't have quality. Ask oor Wally.

BTW - I believe it was yoose truly, years ago, who said Boyd was the quintessential NED. I got blasted. If this doesn't prove it out, I dont know what does. He can pull an Aids and fcuk off to Oirland for all I care.

Are we on for Steveston then? Anything to ensure I finally get to meet the Captain. Christmas will have come early. I'll have the invites prepared and mailed accordingly.

GSQ

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You called him AND Bazza Neds...:D
All because they ganged up on LeGuen.
Unlucky Pepi Le Peu.

He still deserved the nod over what's his name from Africa. :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm in total agreement with dancing bear, Boyd should be allowed to take the huff forever. To address JBN's selection of Burley mistakes. Faddy asked to be subbed when he started to feel his groin go, this was in the post match report. Who's to say that Boyd had not been expressing his displeasure before the game? Would you play a guy having a wank?

Unfortunately for us Miller was injured or this game would have had a different outcome.

Seriously? :confused: According to you, Steve1234, Kenny Miller has as much influence in a match as Ronaldinho............or Kippax...........or Dirty Daddy.

Did I mention the lad was offside?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
****ing Maloney............turn coat........Malaysian playing for Scotland. :mad: Imagine that......playing for a country you weren't born in......

Yes, Buckfast, Steveston it is. :) The Buck and Ear will never be the same.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0