Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Reedie, Adam and the team. Reedie, you may remember I said after you beat Westside 4-3 in the Imperial Cup that I thought you'd win it all. Deserved winners down the stretch. Tough conditions to play in but got the job done. Well done and good luck at Nationals.

Brilliant run by Columbus but looked like they ran out of gas in the end.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 1 - Columbus 0

Huge congratulations to the Indo-Peg guys, Sumra, Prit, Reedie and the rest. An excellent representative for BC. Great to see youth soccer mates win it all.

The better team won, but Columbus should have stole it if not for the point-blank save 20 minutes into the 2nd.
Indo should have been up by 3 or 4 after the 1st half, but the 2 Columbus goalies (starter was injured in the 25th) kept them in it. Ironically, it was a goalie blunder that broke the game open. Too bad because Jordan was good except for the mistake. I thought that type of goal would have sunk Indo. Omari was the difference down the line for PegIndo - did he get the MVP award?

I'll stop there and let the Peg-Indo boys give their game reports.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Cup Weekend

Fantastic performance by Mills, Uppal and the crew out in the FVSL. The real tell-tale sign was that it rained heavily and combined with the hurricane force winds, it should have made for a horrible day for spectators. But it really was the opposite as ample huge tents were on hand for the stands, concession stand, beer gardens and the VIP section with the free food. I have to say the live national anthem, piper performance, and event announcers made for an exceptional experience. A lot for the VMSL to follow in 2012.

Follow that up with Ruben refereeing a superb game and allowing the players to play, I think the season has had a very satisfying and appropriate ending.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A deserved win by the ICST Peg Bhangra Boys. The ref did a very good job(though I thought he pulled some quick cards out at the start of the second half) and the better team won on the day. Gilly wasn't kidding about the size of the field.........MASSIVE. ICST Peg should have been up 2 or 3 at the half but Columbus had TWO great chances in the second half when it was 0 - 0. Jag Gill converted Sahil's cross but I'm sure the Columbus back-up goalie would have liked that one back. Granted he made two big stops in the first half and Amar made a couple of big stops himself in the ICST Peg goal. It was wild in the changing room and it was nice to be able to speak to everyone about the last 4 years......:) Well done to Reedie, Sandman, Paul Sandhu......and the rest of the people who have helped this group become the best team in the Province. It would be tough to argue that this team was not the best team in the Province.

I"m looking forward to Montreal now. :) ICST Peg for life......really IS true. :)

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
made it to the mess out in aldergrove. first off the trek from burnaby was ridiculous - the outcome..............PRICELESS. kudos to both teams for putting on a decent game given the conditions. tale of two halves. indo dominiting the first and clearly should've been up at halftime. columbus with clear cut chances in the second that they couldn't capitalize on.
i guess when it's meant to be, it's meant to be. tsn turning point was the columbus goalie being subbed for an injury. the replacement's error on the goal almost put a damper on the game - it was that bad!

cheers to all the lads from indo/peg/temple. and here's to all the boys who were there from the days of division 1. today was the reason we battled all those years!!!! :)

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST Peg 1 - 0

Great win today by all the boys. Congrats to all the Temple Peg players and all the true Indo family that supported the team from day 1 . Gilly, give your head and ego a shake. Are you that upset that ICST Peg realized that you can not make the team? Nobody cares what you have to say. Go ICST PEG.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the 2nd half........left as Indo scored on a looping header that the Columbus keeper gaffed on. Can`t by much time left.

Looks like history could be made.

Come on Indo.......5 more minutes..........Come on Indo

Why did you leave bro? I thougt you were Indo Alum? We partied all night and Indo was well represented. I thought FOR SURE you would come by and celebrate with the team...I may not have played but I can tell you beer never tasted as good as when chugged from the Provincial cup. Ask Sandman, Darshi, Paul and the rest of the Indo alum who were there.

Tight game all the way through but have to say ICST Pegasus deserved the win, no question. Congrats to my boys.

Montreal, here we come.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to all the ICST Peg members and good luck in Quebec next fall!

Reedie, Freddy Powel and Peter Costley - it'll be tough, I know but please... please try and stay outta jail :D

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why did you leave bro? I thougt you were Indo Alum? We partied all night and Indo was well represented. I thought FOR SURE you would come by and celebrate with the team...I may not have played but I can tell you beer never tasted as good as when chugged from the Provincial cup. Ask Sandman, Darshi, Paul and the rest of the Indo alum who were there.

Tight game all the way through but have to say ICST Pegasus deserved the win, no question. Congrats to my boys.

Montreal, here we come.

Sorry Berg,

By the time, I got home after the Masters Final, showered, got some lunch, watched the playoff in the Players Championship, I could only manage to watch the 2nd half. Besides, I had my little girl with me, and she was more interested in the the tire swing.

Team Lidder kept me posted via texts throughout the night.

Really happy for the club (whatever you would like to call it) and Indian soccer in general.

Gilly

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST Peg 1 - 0

Gilly, give your head and ego a shake. Are you that upset that ICST Peg realized that you can not make the team? Nobody cares what you have to say.

Jeez, I thought you only posted in the HPL thread.

To answer your well directed questions. Head is still shaking from running around on that size of field, and ego has been in check for a longtime. I realize that I am a "hasbeen", washed up, and over the hill, but I can't help it, I still love to play. How can I be upset about being Reedie not giving me a trial.......Provincial Mens Champs!!!!.....no need to say more.

Nice attack. Now, did you EVER play? How is your USSL going? Still bragging about the 147 teams that you have organized. What happened to Sim, sorry Sikh United? And continue with your takeover of the Central City Breakers. Ego? What ego?

Sorry Regs (not on topic, but.......)

Gilly

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Reedie,Adam and the rest of the Boys!
Very well done and couldn't happen to a better bunch of boys!

Well said Gilly! All is good brother!

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow what a night!

I'm going to be a little sentimental here - but I don't give a rats ass!!:knvb:

What a way to end off a crazy year! We started off at the bottom of the table but after a surprise cancelling of a practice and getting everyone piss drunk and calling each other out at Boston Pizza and ultimately getting arrested together (rcmp oversight ofcourse :knvb: ) I think that night we realized that although this is amateur soccer we still need to play for each other and the brothers beside us and the results speak for themselves.

I'm very proud of the boys today. We put this ICST Peg together (Temple/Indo/Peg) with the ultimate goal of winning the provincial cup and we finally did it. We may reference 3 different squads in our team name, and there may be more players from one originating squad than the other, but let me be clear - this is a one singular team unit that simply has respect for the history of the names of the originating squads.

Big shout out to Malkit Sumra, Sandman and Lav Mangat - these guys have worked their arses off for years to reach this goal - Congrats boys! Paul Bahia and Adam Costley - the leaders of the team on and off the field. Reedie - Job well done! Burnsie - your ticket to montreal is booked!

Next stop for the Provincial cup trophy is on a team trip to las vegas in two weeks. For any of you wish to know the schedule, the trophy will make stops at Tao Night club, Encore Beach Club, Wet Republic, Marquee, XS, and perhaps at Spearmint Rhino and Sapphires!! :knvb::D

Damn - I'm still on a high today!!
Paul Sandhu

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said Big Boot!

I’ll add to the sentiment…what a special moment for so many people involved. The sponsors are key to any team success Darshy, Rocky and especially Paul Sandhu and Saffron Restaurant are no exception.

Reedie’s dedication is unparallel, his passion for the team is contagious and there are not many people who can say they have been Provincial champs as a player and a coach.

Winning a provincial title offers a lot of reflection and you can’t be happy for guys like: Malkit, Dhatt, Kam, Shind, Ram and Eddie. It was great to celebrate with Prit and all the supporters who have been rock solid.

Thanks to Surrey FC Pegasus for all of their support, the Newton facility has been fantastic to train and play out of. It was only fitting the Newton Clubhouse be ground zero for the celebrations. Special thanks to Freddy Powell the team trainer.

Paul Bahia and Adam Costley deserve massive kudos for being the leaders of the team…without them – there is no team.

During the formation of this club, there were many tough decisions made over the last few years, I think it’s safe to say they were the right decisions. What a special day and it was great to share it with the players, management and supporters in the dressing room after the game and at the Newton Clubhouse.

Final personal thank you to Paul Sandhu, Prit and Lavy. You guys are awesome.

Still hasn’t really sunk in yet….

Sandman

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats reedie & crew,what a great player reedie was & now winning the provincials years later as a coach
azad scoing the winner?\

sid

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Sandy, Prit, Lavy, Darcy and everyone involved........hard work and dedication has paid off and it looks great on you all!

Cheers,

John Peterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts