Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Gold Cup

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2011 Gold Cup started on June 5th.

Results so far:

June 5th
Costa Rica 5-0 Cuba
Mexico 5-0 El Salvador

June 6th
Jamaica 4-0 Grenada
Honduras 0-0 Guatemala

Canada gets going tonight with a HUGE match vs the US - KO is 5PM Pacific LIVE on Sportsnet ONE (I believe it is also streamed on goldcup.org for those w/o Sportsnet ONE).

Last edited:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember watching that game....was totally gutted after that call. It seemed to knock out any momentum Canada had built up to that point.

Deutschland

Jan 15, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seven minutes in and Terry Dun"nothingonthe"field has already put an easy pass into touch. Should make for an interesting tourney.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
same old same old with Canadian Team. I have very low expectations of the National Team until there are some real changes in the whole system top to bottom.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I don't quite get is why our defenders punt the ball high and hard at EVERY opportunity when dealing with the slightest amount of pressure... Seriously at this level, there isn't anyone in Canada capable of being calm on the ball and playing it out WITH possession?

Is it a player thing or a coaching thing, ie, players are told to just "get it out"?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I don't quite get is why our defenders punt the ball high and hard at EVERY opportunity when dealing with the slightest amount of pressure... Seriously at this level, there isn't anyone in Canada capable of being calm on the ball and playing it out WITH possession?

It is the old football school from England. That is how they played 30 years ago and Canada is still in eighties.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Canada Final.

That was pathetic. Up a man for basically an entire game and it takes a gift PK to get the 3 points? The line-up and subs were perplexing.

Canada is fcuked. The "golden" generation is over and there is no improvement that I can see willing to step into the fold.

At least it seems we finally have a keeper that gives some confidence.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On top of that, Regs......absolutely disgraceful decisions.......In added time Canada gets a free-kick at the half-way line and they decide to knock a ball to the front of the 18 yard box allowing Guadeloupe(not even a country) to attack again. Why the **** wouldn't you play the ball into the corner and keep it there? Obviously a legitimate goal wasn't in the cards today so use the brain in this situation. It is actually embarrassing.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Canada Final.

That was pathetic. Up a man for basically an entire game and it takes a gift PK to get the 3 points? The line-up and subs were perplexing.

Canada is fcuked. The "golden" generation is over and there is no improvement that I can see willing to step into the fold.

At least it seems we finally have a keeper that gives some confidence.

Now tell us how you really feel Regs lol

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0