Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2011 Presidents Cup

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
No excuses at all. Congrats to inter, u deserved it. I'd like to think that it could could've been a different game if matti didn't handball in the box after 25 mins but who knows. Tough to grind it out with 10 guys down a goal. I also think that Ryan (hoursarrest) was by far our MVP today. He doesnt get the recognition he deserves. Hope to get another crack at the inter boys in provincials. there a classy bunch of guys, congrats again

yeah we thought ha deserved it cause he wasn't at fault for any goals and saved a few but seemed as if it may have come off as diss, as in saying we coulda scored more etc which wouldn't of been true, it was between yourself, ha, or #12 though for sure.

you guys are really good when you have the ball in terms of creating chances and moving the ball around, but when it comes to defending you guys relay on your keeper cause you guys really can't defend as a team. It was weird cause you guys keep the ball (you guys must do alot of keep ball in practice) so well but when you lose it, you have troubles getting back in shape and it causes so many gaps that we were able to expose, that was with 11 men too.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
everyone was chanting " WELSH WHALE, WELSH WHALE , WELSH WHALE " I think some guy on Inter score all 3

Great season for Inter, Congrats

ahah i like that one, only problem with it is i'm english.

yes i scored all 3 which makes 37 this season going into provincials. thought you might of wanted to know as you seem to get upset when i say it on here. :)

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No arguments here. Housearreset played unreal. He made some incredible saves. The MVP was between him and #11 ( strength & honor i think) Both played great. House made incredible saves and #11 was as tenacious and controlling thru the center of the park. Cheers to the nomads, they're a great bunch. good luck to them in provincials.

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah we thought ha deserved it cause he wasn't at fault for any goals and saved a few but seemed as if it may have come off as diss, as in saying we coulda scored more etc which wouldn't of been true, it was between yourself, ha, or #12 though for sure.

you guys are really good when you have the ball in terms of creating chances and moving the ball around, but when it comes to defending you guys relay on your keeper cause you guys really can't defend as a team. It was weird cause you guys keep the ball (you guys must do alot of keep ball in practice) so well but when you lose it, you have troubles getting back in shape and it causes so many gaps that we were able to expose, that was with 11 men too.

we like to play a possession style game which is more suited to turf, and when you always knock the ball around in the back line, instead of hoofing it up, your going to get the odd turnover. I think we all had a hard time (you guys too)adjusting to the grass. First touch was tough today. Anyways, good luck fellas, twas fun

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After reading all this nomads junk on here for the past two months I thought I would go and watch the final vs my inter friends. "we like to play possession?" "were better suited on turf" give your head a shake, it looked as if 3/4 of your team couldnt make a 10yd pass. Your lot was completely out classed yesterday by a much better team.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

you pretty much nailed this right on the head. That has always been Nomads soccer since I joined 4 years ago. Big gaps between defencemen and mids, and outscore our mistakes if I cant make the save. Always been offensive. I dont mind it, just means I have to be ready when called upon.

But honestly, MB10, that had to be the easiest 3 goals of your 37 all season ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats also here officially on TTP to inter.

No excuses, blah blah blah.

We got beat on the day. Inter were classy opponents and winners.

On to BC's and hope we can get a rematch.

To defend my team to some of the amateur hour posters above:
1.outkast you are fcuking out to lunch my friend. We created some chances, mb10's's hatty (well taken all 3 of them) were gifts... fcuking gifts 1. PK 2: Poor pass to unsuspecting CB by our LB.. mb10 slots it.. 3: 6 on 2 off of a counter attack when we were really gambling to get back in it.... AJ and mb10 did a good job, AJ of taking space and causing our backline issues, mb10 for finishing, aside from that and some good play by the Inter back line when called upon, Their side was average to unspectacular... and didn't create anything... They had chances and hit posts and some circus stops, but that was all mostly due to lack of quality defending from our side..We didn't create much more, but we did create more imho, likely simply out of desperation... I think that shows two teams playing on turf all year get introduced to a game on grass for all the mables was always going to be about who makes the least amount of mistakes and can capitalize best on the other teams mistakes. We made more than them, and they made the most of our eff-ups.

2. outkast.TBL: There is a distinct difference between punt and chase, and passing out of the back. give me strength. (TBL: We pumped your lot twice playing "possession", ;) )

a bit grumpy/hung today. congrats again to Fox, mb10, Curtis and the rest of the Inter boys. Well done. We want a rematch ;)

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
After reading all this nomads junk on here for the past two months I thought I would go and watch the final vs my inter friends. "we like to play possession?" "were better suited on turf" give your head a shake, it looked as if 3/4 of your team couldnt make a 10yd pass. Your lot was completely out classed yesterday by a much better team.

What a profound post this is. The game was even until we lost our winger 20 mins in. I thought we had more possession up till then, and they had the better chances. Outkast, What would u expect us to do down a man. Of course they would outclass us the rest of the way. It would've been the same had they lost a guy. No worries, just think a little next time u post

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You Nomads obviously see it in a very different light then I do. Then again, it was my one and only time watching you, so maybe I caught you on a bad day? Big games sometimes make teams play worse.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't Carniehore suspended as well? That is a pretty significant piece to be missing for one of the biggest games of the year. Then again weren't the nomads supposed to make it to the finals and lose according to their yearly improvement?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes yes and yes.

we didn't play terrible, just had like 6 braincramps that came back to bite us in the arse.

Carniehore was suspended, and Sam Jones was abroad.

yes, our yearly improvement said we were to lose.

no excuses. )

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would appear that way. 2 cup finals for me, 6 goals by MB10. I hate you. Too bad we couldn't pull out the epic 10 man comeback, but it wasn't meant to be on the day. Both teams played hard, had chances, House saved our ass and we couldn't hit the net. Hopefully we can meet up in the Provincial Cup final and get some revenge :)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't Carniehore suspended as well? That is a pretty significant piece to be missing for one of the biggest games of the year. Then again weren't the nomads supposed to make it to the finals and lose according to their yearly improvement?

I called a Nomads visit to the final but ultimately a loss right at the start of the Pres Cup. All you had to do was look at their progression over the last few years.

Next year is definitely the year of the Nomad!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, house just made 2 crazy saves, then as the ball was bouncing towards the net Mikey was jumping across and got a hand on it. One of those reactionary things, ball going by so your arm shoots out to stop it. Hard luck for sure.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, house just made 2 crazy saves, then as the ball was bouncing towards the net Mikey was jumping across and got a hand on it. One of those reactionary things, ball going by so your arm shoots out to stop it. Hard luck for sure.

it's tough to say for sure but ha might of gotten to it before it crossed the line...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's tough to say for sure but ha might of gotten to it before it crossed the line...

House was right behind him to grab it so I think it would have stayed out. From the sideline's though you can't really tell the angles. Your left back was very happy when he was gone I'm sure :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0