Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Amway Canadian Championship

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was absolute pish.

I felt for Hassli as he never got any service except for when Davide came on (why wasn't he put on earlier in the game?).

After Harvey, Bonjour is slowly becoming my most frustrating player on the park to watch. Le Toux is creeping his way in there as well.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im not blaming the Ref for the loss although he was horrible at times but i wonder why the CSA would put a guy in the middle of the park for a championship game who is from Toronto? Do they have no Refs from Alberta?

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no problem with the Ref sending off De Guzman. "Striking, or attempting to strike an opponent" is a sending off offence. Even though he hardly touched him.
However the player who dropped like he had been shot and stayed down for a good while, should also be disciplined, by the League for "bringing the game into disrepute".
The club should also suspend him for diving.
This sort of crap has to be stopped.
Nothing more than cheating.
How can Rennie moan about the Ref and turn a blind eye to that sort of nonsense?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last night reminded me of last year. Very frustrating to watch.
Hassli is the type of striker that needs good service or he will get frustrated, add to that bad reffing and it's even worse. Le Toux was brutal last night, I am not sure if he completed 25% of his passes but the really sad part is that a good night for him is when he completes just over 50% of his passes. Kind of reminds me of Dunfield.. miss that little guy. Au revoir Bonjour we need help on the back end deperately because he keeps getting worse and Mitchell does not look like he can step up to help. A lot of players looked tired last night but Lee looks like he needs some rest but I am not sure who you put in for him Klazura or, what ever his name is, does not look ready.
I do wonder if the players were actually that interested in winning this cup because the effort reminded me of many of Penticton tournaments when you are on the field but did you ever truely leave the beer garden. Had they of won last night I believe the first round for champions league is in July and they are already playing 7 league games that month 5 of which are on the road bouncing all over the place. Maybe they really didn't want the extra games added on but they have to realize you are not allowed to lose to Toronto in this market. Leafs suck btw.
They better get this sorted out quick but I am afraid we are going to be in tough again this weekend against another struggling team.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw a ton of emotion and heart in the Seattle game; its not surprising that there was a significant letdown playing the next game against an 0-9 opponent... as far as individual players go, Bonjour is one of the taller players on the park, and I think he won exactly zero headers in the Seattle and Toronto games combined... for his role, thats a problem...

as for the zebras, how the Caps didnt get a free kick on the edge of the box or even a penalty for Hassli's efforts at the end is beyond me... Reminiscent of Last Tango in Paris...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for the zebras, how the Caps didnt get a free kick on the edge of the box or even a penalty for Hassli's efforts at the end is beyond me... Reminiscent of Last Tango in Paris...

I see your your black and gold glasses also see blue and white. I Agree that should have been a penalty but if you recall Bonjour in the first 5 minute had two arms wrapped around his check so tight that had it been a female he'd have a paternity suit on his hands. The reffs were piss poor both ways but so were the caps. They got what the deserved, Toronto wanted this more and it showed over the two games.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watched Global Morning News and they are taking the piss out of DeGuzman's red card.
Rennie is interviewed and defends the player for diving. Davidson also interviewed and said he was "acting professionally".
How embarrising this is for the club. Deliberately trying to get a player sent off. This is being Professional?

They should come out and tell the truth. The player made a meal of the "love tap" and should be disciplined for that.
The CSA should also step in and reprimand all involved. Get this out of the game, there is no place for "cheats", or for those who defend them.
Losing respect for Rennie after this. He is quick to blame the Referee, but will not blame his player for blatently over-reacting to a "tap on the head". He's condoning cheating, not standing up for his player.
What a joke.
I watched a video of Will Smith on Facebook "tapping" a reporter, who gave him a hug. The reporter is tougher than a pro soccer player, as he stayed on his feet.
Send this cheat on his way and get a Canadian to play, at least he won't fake an injury.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Davidson drawing the card was just one of many reasons to be embarrased for the caps on wednesday. I didn't see the Rennie or Davidson interview but what would you expect them to say? I hate this part of the game but Lion must have gotten a chubby when he saw him hit the deck and asked if he had any Italian roots.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I expect the Coach to say, that he will not tolerate that sort of behavior and the player will be dealt with by the club.
I would have more respect for him and the club if they took that stand.
I have watched the replay on GOL TV and Rennie is interviewed on there also. He says that he was no more that 10 feet away and got a good view of the incident.
Well then, what does that say about him?
He is either telling "Porkies" or he needs specs.
The trainer is also under scrutiny here. He is either "hoodwinked" into believing that Davidson is in danger of dying, or he is part of the act, to get a player sent off.
He is bending over Davidson seeing if he is still breathing, what a joke.
If I was the Coach, I would lay the law down to all of the players in the squad to play the game, hard and fair, but no cheating, as it is a reflection on the Coach.
Apparently that has not happened.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
settle the ball pass it off to an open donkey like Klazura,

I take this comment and other disparaging remarks I have made and will make about Klazura. Just saw the 2012 salaries and at 33,750 a year I think I can cut the kid some slack. Just wondering if he could get a spot on poco premier because the kid could use a raise.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I take this comment and other disparaging remarks I have made and will make about Klazura. Just saw the 2012 salaries and at 33,750 a year I think I can cut the kid some slack. Just wondering if he could get a spot on poco premier because the kid could use a raise.

he could afford a tent on the coquitlam river with that salary.

Or a room at sid's palace

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see your your black and gold glasses also see blue and white. I Agree that should have been a penalty but if you recall Bonjour in the first 5 minute had two arms wrapped around his check so tight that had it been a female he'd have a paternity suit on his hands. The reffs were piss poor both ways but so were the caps. They got what the deserved, Toronto wanted this more and it showed over the two games.

replaceable lenses.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0