Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 1 - Home - 20120310
vs Montreal

Great start so far!

Le Toux opens his account in Caps white & blue on a terrific flick by Hassli that he slotted past Ricketts.

Caps look composed on the ball, much different from last year, ie, no Knight, Wenger.

Crowd looked awesome at the start with all their Supporter Scarves held high!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been an exciting game up to half. Great start to the season. I can see Hassli and LeToux hooking up a few times this year.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I saw Hassli sprint back deep into his end and cover for a misguided Rochat odyssey once or twice... can someone confirm this for me or do I need to lay off the booze?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, a win was nice. Still missing loads in the middle of the park. If Robson is the answer, July is a long way away.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koffie seems non-existent in the middle. Camilo had a great celebration after his goal in our corner.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Davidson played very neat in his CB role. Really composed and poised on the ball and compliments Demerit very well. I agree Koffie didn't stand out in anyway but I thought he played tough. Obviously we want our middle of the park to create a little bit more but he didn't give the ball away and put in some good tackles. All in all a great start to a encouraging season! Well done lads!

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Southsiders also added a cheerleader to lead them in their jumping and chanting. chanting the same thing all game is tough after all. Had his back to the game the whole time, Guess he's so much more of a supporter than I am he doesn't even need to watch the game. Great use of his season tickets...

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koffie had a tough game, but as B & W pointed out he is still young. Thought the teams possession and general play was much improved over last season, the guys seem to be playing for each other much more. You saw Camilo and Chiumento actually defending, and even Hassli and Le Toux covering when the others made deep runs.

Demerit seemed much more comfortable in the back line with Lee and Bonjour, stuck to just winning balls, which he did with a couple crunching tackles. Lee and Le Toux are huge pick ups.

Thought the caps/bc place could still improve the off field game day experience. The replays on the board could be fine tuned, as could some of their announcements etc. Missing the Bud Big Pours that were available at Empire (conveniently outside my section). Paying 7.75 for a 12 oz beer and having to ask the guy to please fill the cup all the way is a piss off. Pints of Stella at Back 40 (old trap and gill) were cheaper. Also, now that Telus wont be plastering their logo on the scoreboard, how about putting some out of town/other scores up where is dark.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Southsiders also added a cheerleader to lead them in their jumping and chanting. chanting the same thing all game is tough after all. Had his back to the game the whole time, Guess he's so much more of a supporter than I am he doesn't even need to watch the game. Great use of his season tickets...

They're called a "capo". There are two, and they were there last year as well. They're common in many countries, including most of Europe and Asia. But you wouldn't know that if you only watch the EPL.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missing the Bud Big Pours that were available at Empire (conveniently outside my section). Paying 7.75 for a 12 oz beer and having to ask the guy to please fill the cup all the way is a piss off. Pints of Stella at Back 40 (old trap and gill) were cheaper. Also, now that Telus wont be plastering their logo on the scoreboard, how about putting some out of town/other scores up where is dark.

Wow, you voluntarily drink Budweiser? CAMRA Vancouver, my friend. There's no time to waste.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
They're called a "capo". There are two, and they were there last year as well. They're common in many countries, including most of Europe and Asia. But you wouldn't know that if you only watch the EPL.

ca·po
/ˈkāpō/
Noun:

1. A clamp fastened across all the strings of a fretted musical instrument to raise their tuning.

Weird name to call somebody.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Southsiders still haven't learned any new chants. Poor.

I thought I heard a new one that went something like this.

We're white, we're blue
we don't know what to do
southsiders, southsiders

With girls, we're scared
we're virgins if you cared
southsiders, southsiders

I actually sit near them and their prawnsiders and they aren't too bad and add to the atmostphere.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do like the southsiders and some may think there stuff is old but its alot better than nothing. I couldnt make the home opener but the "psssssss BOOM" sure echoed on the TV. but I have to admit that was awesome STD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0