Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013/14 NHL General Banter

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone just see that shootout attempt by Ranger on the Leafs?

Fcuk that was awesome! :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm presuming that the Mayhem link was this video?

Sadly your Leafs will probably be losing Kessel for up to 6-8 games and Clarkson for 10 for sure. John Scott and the Sabres coaching staff should all be kicked out of hockey forever for that Stunt.

Kessel can be excused for the first slash, the second will likely see a 4-6 game suspension and the lingering around and spearing Scott stunt could net a game or two more.

Well in Bernier too on Miller.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that I've watched, I'll weight in.

Scott is what, 6'8"? Kessel, maybe 5'9"? Scott must have about 50 lbs on Kessel. I'd excuse Kessel on the 1st and even 2nd slash. The second was definitely punishable, but I see it no more cowardly than John Scott deciding to take on a midget (excuse me, little person).

Then, in Kessel's fight, he bloodied up his dancing partner (can't remember who, can't be fcuked to Google). He did just fine when faced with an opponent in his weight class. Yeah, the third little spear to Scott's back was ubber dirty, but again, fcuk Scott, he deserved it. It was no dirtier and cheaper than a super heavy weight taking on a skill player who rarely fights.

Quite honestly, I know Kessel will get 8, but he should get 1, maybe 2…and throw the book at Scott, like 20 games. Send the message and set the precedent that in situations like this- a goon going after a star- that you will be severely punished.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kessel even in his fight you notice he was destroying his oppentent and stopped when he was all bloodied up....wait till fraser mclaren or orr get to Scott....

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scott 6"8 - 270 lbs
Kessel 6"0 - 200 lbs

Everyone will be surprised with what gets handed out for punishments. Shanny is a schmuck face, and no suspension is ever the same, Kassian breaks a guys jaw, 5 games. Johnny Boychuk, breaks a guys back (Raymond) and nothing. The league's discipline is more laughable than the Canadian justice system. Good article from last year, just showing how big of a joke, Schmuckahan is. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-discipline-decisions-are-embarrassing-hockey

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid ruling by the NHL in Kessel's case. Clearly they saw it for what it was. A goon in Scott going after a superstar. Now if we can only do something about Clarkson's 10 gamer ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you fcuking kidding me? 3 pre-season games?

At least with Kassian's case you can make the argument that it was "accidental" and he got 10 games + the pre-season... wow, just wow :rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you fcuking kidding me? 3 pre-season games?

At least with Kassian's case you can make the argument that it was "accidental" and he got 10 games + the pre-season... wow, just wow :rolleyes:

Love it and the Sabres got fined for sending Scott out their!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kessel only gets 3 PS games. Shocking. Should have been 3 RS games minimum.

How does that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song go again?! Shanny and his band of merry men are high-functioning invalids

Kassian was unlucky to break Gagner's face, that's why he got the PS + 5 RS Games. Totally a careless play and I'm not condoning it- 5 games is right regardless of Gagner's injuries.
Edler got two games for "Charging" Mike Smith last year, two regular season games...that play doesn't make Bettman's sunbelt expansion target audience cringe- the Kessel slash does...but Edler doesn't play in the 416 or 212 area codes.
Hansen got 1 game for the Hossa incident last year.... /shakes head

Kessel does that stunt and he's essentially rewarded for not having to suit up again till the season starts again.

Give me strength.
ps: for those interested in reading the summary of the decisions the kangaroo court has levied the last two seasons- here you go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_NHL_suspensions_and_fines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_NHL_suspensions_and_fines

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kessels suspension is spot on...even Scott himself said knowone should be suspended.....and I quote Scott "Kessel did what he had to do"

Kessel gets 36 pm minutes a year on avg.....

Make a list datsyuk, crosby, malkin sedins.....they all would have got the same, so I am fine with it

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daniel or Henrik Sedin wouldn't have done the second slash, nor would they have squared off with someone their own size and then speared Scott after.

And whatever Scott says is inadmissible. He's a monster, and monsters opinions don't count ;)

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's to bad that shanny's integrity and quality as a player, didn't translate to front office NHL hack job. kessel's a punk. a rapidly balding punk. and yeah, i know scott is twice his size and a heavyweight, but for fcuk sakes, your playing hockey, not fencing. i get the 1st one. the second what just european chicken shite kid crap. Can't take away the " big star " in the center on the universe. As for kassian, i don't think it was intentional, but bad none the less. my 2 cents.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0