Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw/Results/Scuttlebutt

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie, Reedie, Reedie.
Good luck pal to you and your S U crew.
Good things happen to quality people my friend and knowone is surprised to see you back in another final.
Go on now and finish the deal .
All the best allways R R!

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So that would make him one hell of a player & one hell of a coach, if reedie wins ,what's that 3 different clubs with championships ?
Best of luck

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 or 3 seasons back there were 2 island teams playing against each other in the semis that were being hosted by peace arch who refused to come over and play. I think it's fair that the mainland teams stay local and play here. I hope they do for everyone on the mainland who wants to go watch the final.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Key word... Semi's.

The tournment no longer has an official host for the Semi's. Only the Finals. it's on a yearly rotation. 3 years mainland, 1 year island. Its been scheduled for the Island for a year now. Why is that so hard for people to wrap their heads around? If you don't want or can't afford to participate in a tournament that has travel you should have let your league know before it started.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Key word... Semi's.

The tournment no longer has an official host for the Semi's. Only the Finals. it's on a yearly rotation. 3 years mainland, 1 year island. Its been scheduled for the Island for a year now. Why is that so hard for people to wrap their heads around? If you don't want or can't afford to participate in a tournament that has travel you should have let your league know before it started.

I guess the 3 mainland spots are 2 for vmsl and 1 for the fvsl. Since UBC is the only team that would take the PCSL spot (crap) I think mainland should get 4. Maybe Mosher can fight for that like he fought for BC spot for The only PCSL team who would take the spot, his.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
They should just play the Surrey-West Van game before the Caps game with LA at BC Place.

All those ex Caps connections and probably better football too. Fans would love it. If they could be arsed getting to their seats in time.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
They should just play the Surrey-West Van game before the Caps game with LA at BC Place.

All those ex Caps connections and probably better football too. Fans would love it. If they could be arsed getting to their seats in time.

I'm sure they would get their on time....unfortunately for the Caps, the fans would realize after about 5 bloody minutes of watching their pish that the main event was over and they'd leave.

barney

Jul 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 or 3 seasons back there were 2 island teams playing against each other in the semis that were being hosted by peace arch who refused to come over and play. I think it's fair that the mainland teams stay local and play here. I hope they do for everyone on the mainland who wants to go watch the final.

Refused? Where do you get your information, or is this one of those "don't let the truth get in the way of a good story".

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Key word... Semi's.

Did Cloughie break into your TTP account or is he standing behind you as you type, pulling the strings, not unlike a puppeteer? C'mon, for someone who has their picture above a john at CAP, you should have more common sense than that :D

This is not a slight on the island, the organizing committee, any league, or any one individual. This is common sense. Imagine if there were 8 x island teams in 4 finals hosted by the mainland. I'm CERTAIN we would all strongly support moving the finals to the island. It would make for a better competition and a higher profile, which should be the goals. Or let's imagine 8 x fvsl teams in 4 finals hosted by the island. Well, if that was the case I'm pretty sure that all the visl and vmsl teams would be sipping champagne in a chateau in the south of France, enjoying their hefty winnings from 8 x Bet365 wagers orchestrated by Captain Shamrock.

But nothing will be changing. Time to focus on the games.

Best of luck to all the teams.

:cool:

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not making up stories it is what happened. Myself I don't blame them for doing it. As players I think we should have a bit of a say when it comes to these issues we all put in a sh*tload of hours traveling to train and play games I don't think it's to much to ask to make a change for the sake of the two teams in the final who happened to be on the mainland.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Cloughie break into your TTP account or is he standing behind you as you type, pulling the strings, not unlike a puppeteer? C'mon, for someone who has their picture above a john at CAP, you should have more common sense than that :D
This is not a slight on the island, the organizing committee, any league, or any one individual. This is common sense. Imagine if there were 8 x island teams in 4 finals hosted by the mainland. I'm CERTAIN we would all strongly support moving the finals to the island. It would make for a better competition and a higher profile, which should be the goals. Or let's imagine 8 x fvsl teams in 4 finals hosted by the island. Well, if that was the case I'm pretty sure that all the visl and vmsl teams would be sipping champagne in a chateau in the south of France, enjoying their hefty winnings from 8 x Bet365 wagers orchestrated by Captain Shamrock.
But nothing will be changing. Time to focus on the games.
Best of luck to all the teams.
:cool:
Actually, there are 16 teams involved in 8 finals, and the Island is represented in the Womens Masters and the Womens B Cup finals.
I doubt anyone can find enough fields at one venue to fit in 8 Cup games (2.5 hours needed for each game in case of OT) at short notice. Most fields are booked months in advance.
The island gets to host every 4 years, they have to come here 3 out of 4 years.
But maybe Reedie and others are onto a good idea, and the idea should extended to other leagues and sports. To start with perhaps they can start calling on UEFA to move the upcoming Champions league match Dortmund and Bayern to Germany and not Wembley since there are two German teams in it. Maybe the next Superbowl should also get moved at the last minute depending on who makes the final.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
To start with perhaps they can start calling on UEFA to move the upcoming Champions league match Dortmund and Bayern to Germany and not Wembley since there are two German teams in it. Maybe the next Superbowl should also get moved at the last minute depending on who makes the final.

Touche...

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bit of a difference when there are millions of dollars thrown around for professionals to travel but whatever everyone makes a good point on the subject

barney

Jul 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Such a game at the Log in Sooke with the Beast providing security would be huge and might even bring out 10 chainsaws.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0