Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Senor Girls High School Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's that time of year again......and most teams have already started practicing and playing games. So far we have played two exhibition games and they have been decent considering the short numbers.

South Delta 0 Burnsview 0 - As the score would indicate, not a game of many chances.

South Delta 1 Fleetwood Park 0 - A decent game today where I would say we edged play slightly but again both teams missing key players for a variety of reasons.

It would be great to hear from others who are involved in teams. I believe Elgin Park and Fleetwood played to a 1 - 1 draw according to Mr. Uppal.

Good luck to all the teams this season.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be great to hear from others who are involved in teams. I believe Elgin Park and Fleetwood played to a 1 - 1 draw according to Mr. Uppal.

Good luck to all the teams this season.

We have been trying to run practices since early February. Difficult considering our basketball teams all qualified for provincials and have been playing up til this past weekend. As a result, we still haven't even had 6 of our main girls out.

That being said, we did get in a game with fleetwood last week. We were both playing with maybe half our regular teams and it showed. We scored both goals, but unfortunately one was on our net. I'd say we were the better team, but a 1-1 draw was more than fair.

We are off to Burnaby for a tournament later this week. A half junior/senior team just to get in some extra game time. Hoping for a top 5 result, but the experience will be good none the less.

Good luck to everyone this year...except if we play you!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched Tamanawis play my daughter's school, McMath, today and they are a good team with two QUALITY players, one who is a Whitecaps prospect and the other a National player. McMath is a VERY athletic team IF they do it right and pick their BEST team, not just seniors. Tamanawis won 3 - 1 for what it was worth but that was after 3 goals in the first 15 minutes.

We found out today that our goalie might not play this year now because she is going to train 5 days a week with individual coaches. :rolleyes: That's great for decision making during a game. Nothing like pressure from the other coaches putting fear into the kids. Well in, Guys.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact that she was in tears while talking about her coaches 'giving me crap' for not going to the individual practice, I'm guessing it's not an individual choice she has made or is being forced to make. When I asked her how much she is getting paid this year to have someone tell her what to do and not to do she understood where I was coming from but that's obviously not enough. Sadly, I've seen it for too long. It's disgraceful. After all, how is the individual goalie coach going to get paid extra money if the player is playing school soccer and ACTUALLY learning while playing. :D Heaven forbid........

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Competed in the Guildford Park tournament out at Burnaby Lake on Wed and Thurs and came 2nd out of 16 teams.

We had a relatively easy group after Burnaby North pulled out late. We beat Moscrop 1-0 in the first game, Keremeos 3-0 in the second and Guildford Part 4-0 in the third. All of these games were closer than they could/should have been. But considering the line-up we fielded and the compact schedule we were pleased to top our group.

In the semi's we played other group winner Archbishop Carney. Shocked we played them and not Seaquam or Centennial, but we took it. Ended up winning fairly comfortably 2-0. Could have been more, but with a bit of bad luck could have easily been 2-1. They pressed well, but lacked much in the way of finishers up front. I would guess they would have a good season in their league.

In the final we faced a really good Charles Best team. They came out hard and used their size and strength to their advantage. We were unlucky to give up a goal of a scramble in the first half. Despite going down, we defended well. Early in the second, we scored on a penalty, scored and then starting to impose ourselves on the game. The last 10 minutes were back and forth followed by more of the same in extra time. Game went to a PK and they slotted them all home after we missed the net on 2. Heartbreaking way to lose, but a good tournie overall.

I know our league will be even more challenging, but its nice to see that with a team of predominantly 9s and 10s with a few 11's and 12s we can hang with (and beat) just about anybody most days of the week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta 1 South Delta 3

North Delta is definitely stronger than last year but we aren't as strong either. They went up 1 - 0 in the first half but we bounced back with two before the half. They had one great chance to tie it on a scramble off a corner but we finished it off with about 10 minutes to go. We have 11 new players on the team and it showed today at times but overall a decent first game with all of our players there bar our goalie and starting striker.

On to a tough Earl Marriott team who will be one of the teams we will be battling with to try and get into the top 4......

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin 5 Sullivan 2

Score is very misleading. This should have been about 9-3. If we actually played well or had more than half our starters I would have hoped to win 5 or 6 nil.

That said, we did enough to win the game and ultimately that's all that matters.

Interesting to see that ND has improved and that Seaquam dropped points to Delta.

We were at a tournie today in chilliwack. Very disappointing performances with a 3-3 draw and 2-1 loss but still likely enough to play for 5-8 rather than 9-14.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard today that DSS has a decent squad.....4 or 5 players who haven't played in previous years are playing this year so there doesn't appear to be too many 'weak' squads. Should be an interesting 8 games........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
T4life, Tamanawis will be the team to beat in our league BUT I was told today by the one girl on our team who is a Whitecaps player that NONE of them are allowed to play or they will be suspended....blah blah blah. So that will impact a couple of teams for sure with Tamanawis likely the most? Who knows though?

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Tammy would be good, but they go as their 2 Caps go. If they can't play they should be beatable no?

Our goalie is a Cap and she was told she couldn't play or she would be suspended by the team and forfeit a free trip to play in Sweden. She was really disappointed and came to tell me she had to quit. I know the girl at Sullivan also quit as of Tuesday which makes them much weaker.

Regardless of whether the cap girls play, I am still a strong believer that the top 6 in our league are better than the 3rd and 4th place teams in the other three FV zones...hands down. Just my opinion though, what do you think Captain?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year, T4life, I agree. Coquitlam schools are always decent so it's hard to say about other zones. Like you said, it matters who shows up on the day and I know we are having issues with players saying they can't make this and that......something we've rarely had to deal with in the past.....Give me the 'metro'/'gold' players any day who REALLY want to play for their school. :)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta 2 - Elgin 0

We played with only 9 and dominated. Unfortunately we got tired and they scored two on the counter in the last 15.

We gave an awful team three free points and virtually ended our season after only two games. Gutted.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3 Earl Marriott 0

Earl Marriott played the first half with 10 players and still looked like a threat throughout. We were up 1-0 at the half and because there ref showed up 20 minutes late thanks to going to the wrong field we shortened the second half. EMm has some talented players and with a full squad would have likely got the better of us. On a positive note two of our three best players were grade 8s. :). Onto Princess Margaret on Wednesday in our home opener. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
T4life. Long way to go and remember our goal is to get in the top 4. Without the Whitecaps players some teams will be weaker which means more parity. I know we are going to miss our player tremendously. :(

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not much of a TTP'er, but dominated must be different in South Surrey. A couple of quick counters and dangerous crosses in most places is not domination. My volleyball player in net had what.... 4 shots on her? Were any in the air? I'll give it to you, Elgin played well, especially for 9 players and ND is probably not getting anywhere near provincials, but an 'awful' team just won... more importantly, an 'awful' team showed up with a full line up and got a result.
If it makes you feel better, we scored more goals today than all last season :)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not much of a poster, but dominated must be different in South Surrey. A couple of quick counters and dangerous crosses in most places is not domination. My volleyball player in net had what.... 4 shots on her? Were any in the air? I'll give it to you, Elgin played well, especially for 9 players and ND is not getting anywhere near provincials, but an 'awful
' team just won... more importantly, an 'awful' team showed up with a line up and got a result.
If it makes you feel better, we scored more goals today than all last season :)

I'll concede I was harsh and speaking out of frustration more than fact.

ND is not awful. They work hard and have a couple useful players.

Maybe dominated wasn't the right word. But I think we were better. We probably still outshot you and we're the more likely to score in the first half. Honestly we should have been ahead at the half. But you took your 2 chances and we didn't take ours.

Sorry if I offended Rosie. Not the intent. We paid the price for only fielding 9 of our 21 and you won. Good on ya.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts