Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza Dasovic should be the man. Bring in Scott Parker and Pilckington from Barclay league. Add a kid fro UBC and a Kid from SFU with speed and size. Rest will take care of it self.
Every year changing a coach does nothing for soccer here. Change the players for four years leave the coach be. Let more people in the stadium in green area. Kids under six free. Big crouds kids cheering is what this town needs.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We should pick up de Rosario, if we can get him a little cheaper than his 600k last year. He has cut ties with DC and would be a good veteran for the squad. What's your guys thoughts? He has always been a dangerous player and knows what it takes to win in this league.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No two ways De Rosario is a better player than Miller. But he comes with atitude that lots of coaches can not handle. He is high strung guy. I don.t think Vancouver is for him. Montreal he would fit in.
Again it's upto Bob. I personaly would stay away. We need more help in the back and in the midle of the Park. I would spend money on Anthony Pilkington from Barklay's League. He has the pace to brake the teams. Thats's needed here. Brasilian African and Local guy can score. Our D will kill us if we don't spend money and get proven defenders.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree- strikers and tallent up front is not the issue right now. They have two starting spots on the backline they need to fill, and possibly a boss in the middle. I don't think NRC is coming back.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude see Scott Parker is 33 years of age but man has a pace of 18 year old. He can still play five years. Caps need a guy like him. Pilkington is a player that drives a game forward. That's needed here. Other teams must be pushed back or your D will give a goal or two. Both young keepers are good. Irishman is good. South American in the back is good. Coffie is good, Davies must go, he hurts the team the other Japan man is good.
Caps must add two bigger players up front to help Brasilian and African strikers. We are close if they spend money on two guys needed in the most important spots on the pitch.
And most of all Bob has too add Canadian kids. What the frack do we have Vancouver team in. Sad to see how Bob thinks.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
We should pick up de Rosario, if we can get him a little cheaper than his 600k last year. He has cut ties with DC and would be a good veteran for the squad. What's your guys thoughts? He has always been a dangerous player and knows what it takes to win in this league.

I heard a lot of negative stories about him (not sure if any is true). He played for 5 MLS teams so it, kind of, does tell a little bit about him, doesn't it? Yes, very good player, can make a difference but...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See Mottacks does not want to come back. Guy like him could get us Kevin Cole, Fatai Alashe,Scott Lackton or Jacob Boschue. Any one of these guys would help our D. It would give Mattocks a chance to start fresh. Kids Like Nikita Kultov,Maloney,Brent Wilson,Fami Hollinger Raye Kenner, Chris Pitter would fit well here Randy Folk,Niko Waxall would solve D problems we have here.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL he could but he will never change,it's in his blod. If you have head wached Canada play Cheks or Slovenia you could see that he lost a step or two. On a very good team he would fit well on a team like Vancouver he can not make the team better.
Team needs two back players that read the game. One midfielder that does not pass back lake rest of the craberes they have, Club needs to attack with positive soccer not always drop it back
Club needs toget a coach like Benito that knows the game. No coach can teach them like kids in MLS. They have it or not,if not hit the road Jack, next one. Till you find forwad flow.
There is tons of kids here that can play good ball. No one is giving them a chance. Team really does not care if the win or they loose. Pay chaqueas we get who cares. In upper level Benito will go nuts. Players always pass in front of opposind defender. He steps up and cuts the play of our team. Over and over. Players only see forward. Most are totaly blind to read of side view of play. It's a must to put the ball behind the defenders to make them turn and presure them. It just does not exist in our soccer. It all starts with kids development.
Shyt man I feal sorrey for the next guy that gets the job here.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's in bold, and he recommends the "Club get a coach like Benito that knows the game", and he "feels sorrey" for the next guy, who feels sorrey for the next post reader?

off to cash my chaqueas...(I think that means plural cheques, if not I'm in trouble when I hit Vancity)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The post was as conplex as the Caps team it self. Good coach can steady the ship a bit. With out two defenders and a attacking midfielder ship will sink faster than one thinks. Benito's ship is sinking fast due to players with lack of forward attack and lack of shots from outside of 18.
Johnny I get the bigest lough when Benito sas he can teach them. Most are so dumb that even barn doors are nerrow for them to score a goal.
That's why I recomended a guy like Pilckigton from Barclay League for Caps . Man is fast drives forward at full speed. Make the defenders backup, gives his team more space. I see they are talking to American U17 coach. What the hell does he know about MLS.
Long year again. Who do you think will coach the Caps next year?

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why doesnt BOB duzzie coach,so he can fire his own ass... then we could start looking for the right people to help this team become stronger...it has to start from top and work its way to players...only way

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny if it was me there would be no guy uder six foot playing on my team. Just a bit of dream. MSL is phisical league. Small guys get naging injuries all the time.
Back line for sure all over six foot. Way more forward speed. Direct attacking like English top league. No one would push us around and most of all
team would not have to kick forty corner kicks to score one goal.
Old guy I do agree with you. He is Italian back ground they do blame evrebody but them selves. But that chip on his sholder got him a job. Italy is in World Cup we can not even make playoffs after twenty years of his crap.
Man knows how to bushyt with the best. I think this will be his last kick at the backet. He better make sure who it will be. Dasovic with a dout the best man for the job. But knowin Bob he like to give jobs to forners.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace I am waiting for his phone call but somehow I think I know more than he likes. At least one thing for sure. Team would have four Canadians starting and two more on the banch. I would do no worse thanm the guy that just lef. Perhaps better and might even get to finals in playoff.
I am a born forner but Bob see me as a local guy. We all played for Legion and he head no skill Smoke the ball up the field. One of his brothers was a fantastic player. I forget his name. He was bit older but a very good ball player. Sam was bertter than Bob but Bob got on and keapt on. Good for him. This time he has to find a guy that knows how to control head strong guys. Team is close. It will take bit of kindness to turn the page.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talk is that Caps are bringing in Asst. Coach from last year as a head coach or a guy from Salt Lake. In my opinion both not a fit for Caps.
Salt lake guy has his team in the finals this year. Do you think he will have same drive here? As a coach you need a year or two recharge and get going again. As far as bringing in Rennie's assitant to me would be an insalt to a good coach like Rennie.
Spinning wheels after a reasnable year is nothing more than a step backwards. Bob bring in a good local coach and give him two years to refit the team to forward driving squad that smiles and has fun. Not bunch of mopers and head strong guys. Caps and people deseve better.
Does not maple leaf mean anything to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts