Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jason DeVos on Mattocks.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=436064
It was 10:35am on March 9, 2012. Luke Wileman and I stood in the corridor outside of the Vancouver Whitecaps dressing room at BC Place in Vancouver. We'd been there for a few minutes already. We were early (as we usually are) for the Whitecaps' practice, which was scheduled to begin at 11am. There wasn't a soul to be seen outside the dressing room, as all of the players and coaches were already inside preparing for training.

The time is etched in my memory because it was then, at 10:35am, that Darren Mattocks came strolling down the hallway. Big headphones blaring, he didn't look like he had a care in the world. He certainly didn't look like a rookie who was late for the last practice before his first game as a professional soccer player. He bowled on by and walked into the dressing room - the last player to arrive by a wide margin.

I turned to Luke, completely bewildered by what I had just witnessed, and asked him, "Is he having a laugh?" (I'm paraphrasing - my choice of words were far more industrial than that.)

"That would NEVER happen in Europe. No chance. The senior players would crucify him for that. And the manager would have him banished to train with the youth team."

I couldn't believe what I'd seen. In 18 years as a professional player in Canada and the UK, I'd never seen a young player show such blatant disrespect for the rules and hierarchy of a football club. 'First to arrive, last to leave' is a principle that all rookies (apart from Mattocks, clearly) adhere to religiously. They do so because they know that they not only have to impress their manager, but more importantly, they have to impress their teammates. They have to earn the respect of the senior players if they are ever going to be considered one of them.

You see, experienced players can suss out a fraud in less than one training session, and it doesn't take long for them to figure out if a young player comes with an ego. Those egos don't last very long though, because the senior players simply don't tolerate them. They chip away at the arrogance of youth, exposing flaws until the young player sees the light; that they aren't the finished article and that they have to work hard if they are ever going to fulfill their potential. It is a humbling that involves brutal honesty, but it teaches young players humility and mental resiliency - two vital ingredients in having a lengthy professional career........

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
some tweets from Mattocks today...ooops

I will use offseason to improve on & off the field to be a positive player, teammate and member of@WhitecapsFC and the city of Vancouver

I realize how inappropriate my comments were, and I need to take a hard look at myself.

I would like to apologize to the @WhitecapsFC organization, the fans, and my teammates for the comments I made on a local Jamaican TV show

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know, I read Devos' article and I couldn't help but think that they got rid of Hassli at that time - VWFC empowered this fcuking tool right then and there.

#bobbaduzziout

:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great point, Regs.

From all accounts, Hassli was a true pro as well. Some may not have agreed with his style of play, but he was a pro. He didn't embarrass the organization.

I seriously just hope they let him rot. If they can't release him, then trade him for a (1) shoelace.

Touch of a donkey playing piano...classic...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See guys I blame Bob for bringing the young guy in first place. He should have known that the guy is a sprinter not a soocer player. He could become a soccer player via a good coach. But in my opinion he is confused obout his ability. If was Bob I would trade him as fast as possible.
Guys like that do not belong in Caps dresingroom. Young Hurtado was given maybe ten percent of his time. With bit od direction Hurtado could be the post of this organization for years. We need a left back and a right back. Mattocks could be the guy to do that for US. African Lad is five times better soccer player. Another guy that could be a leader for years. Fullish child,with a donkey first tatch.Lammy slammer no joke.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the interview with Mattocks.
He's as bright as 4 in the morning.
What a Muppet.
Who does he think he is?
Blame everyone but yourself.
Predicted 20 goals at the start of the season, there's a warning flag.
He has a touch like a Blacksmith, has no idea where to make runs, but he is quick.
Let's sign Ben Johnson also, he can't play either.
We used to have a saying where I come from for players like him. "Open the gates and let him keep on running"
Get rid of him he is useless and has a poor attitude. Surely there has to be a Canadian who is as bad as him, but with a good attitude.
Credibility going downhill for the Whitecaps lately.
Maybe the `Committee 'should decide what to do with him.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mattocks needs to wash his ars becauser his mouth is full of shyt. Bob O Bob you new better. UBC has tree kids just as fast, they will respect you and Caps club.
Get rid of trouble as fast as you can. Kemloops has a good striker that would make us proud. All you have to do is give Canadian kids a chance.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We used to have a saying where I come from for players like him. "Open the gates and let him keep on running"
That made me laugh. Off season has been entertaining thus far. Looking fwd to the "committee's" next move.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm still pissed about missing out on Yallop.

Are there any prospects at this point? Jesus...what a mess...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base has applied from what my sources are telling me, he's going to bring in the tree kids from UBC and some Big guys to Kik tha dam Yanks

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
and apparently they're interviewing U.S. under-17's coach Richie Williams.

In the last Concacaf tournament he lead them to the quarterfinals before losing to Honduras. Canada finished 3rd beating Honduras in the bronze medal match.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking idiots. Didn't they learn the first time? They need experience...

Somebody tell me the deffinition of insanity again?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe GHouse?? God of soccer
Weak sauce. FVSL HAS GONE DOWN HILL SINCE RICH SOLD AND BECAME A DAD. TTP WAS BOOMING WITH ACBC AROUND. HE WOULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB THAN MARTIN UTILIZING THE OFFSHORE TALENT AND THE CAPS WOULDA HAD A BETTER LOOKIN THIRD JERSEY.ODOG STILL A LIL BITCH THOUGH

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The Wait Begins:
Vancouver Whitecaps FC have officially launched a Green section season ticket waitlist for the upcoming season. Currently, there are no available seats in the Green section for 2014, and limited availability in the White section. Join the waitlist now."

These people will never learn. Instead of expanding green section they want potential fans to join the waitlist. Unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0