Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 MLS / Caps Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy what ever he sais is no concern to me. Caps have tons of Latino players I think Regs will have to learn Spanish to talk to half of them.
At least they have more skill than Mills side in FVSL.
And most of all team will be fun to watch. Our local kids will have a chance to pickup few tricks for their game.
If she has wide boot she must see doc. Hell most hot air will went out.
Now back to Caps and their season. I see they train go up and down all over the place. At least future looks better.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard this as a discussion topic on the TEAM today...so what if the Mexican team defaults on payments to the Caps for the transfer fee...Camillo would then become MLS and Caps property again, no?

Don't want to beat this dead horse but just a reminder that Camilo's position was that he had no valid contract with WCFC. The fact that his club decided eventually to pony up cash for the transfer does not necessarily change that. So, it could very well happen that if Camilo's contract with Querétaro is anulled for lack of salary payment, his agent will try to negotiate him as a free agent anywhere he can. And then we're back in the old discussion if MLS-style contract options are valid or not and awaiting for a CAS ruling....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Tulio for your post. Lots of people did not understand Bob and Camilo. There must have been more to it than it really came out. All I know Caps have younger faster and better side than last year. It could be fun watching the games if the team starts clicking. It will take dam hard work from Robbo.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what the point is Camilo would be free as he is no longer whitecaps property. They took the money and it sounds like they spent it already. If he wanted to come back to the Mls he would go through the relocation draft or whatever it is. The problem with the contracts is a league problem not just the caps

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard the opposite…in that if the remainder of the transfer fee is unpaid then his rights return to WFC. The only official club position I've heard is from Lenarduzzi who said "they are very satisfied" with the state of the transfer and whether it's been paid in full. Wouldn't answer the question directly.

This could be a good end result in that we can then offload him and get assets back in a trade.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Base on his outlook for next season. One area I always felt the Caps lacked was having guys in the midfield who know how to play the game properly. They seemed set on getting all the track stars they could but all that pace is for naught if the players can't find the back of the net and there's no one to create good scoring chances for them. This year at least I saw a concentrated effort in getting guys who can play. Looking forward to see if this translates in a better product on the field, regardless of the short term results.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who knows there is soo much crap going around and the MLS is so secretive it hard to tell what's true. I believe it was Weber that said he talked someone in the MLS front office and they indicated that the Whitecaps got most of the money and have already spent it, so if Camilo was to come back to the league he would go through one of their drafts. I doubt he will be back in the MLS as I am not sure they would want him back after the stunt he pulled. The thing to remember is the MLS holds all the contracts and they have to okay any signings. The players sign MLS contracts which is why I say Camilo exposed a MLS problem more than just a Whitecap problem.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It means nothing if WFC has already spent the money. It's all about if they have received 100% of the transfer. I believe typical transfers have a lump up front payment followed by a schedule of smaller payments spread out over time. I completely agree that WFC wouldn't ever play him again but he has value in a trade.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Std If Camilo wanted back they should name the street after him. He can score goals at will. What the frack. That's what club needs. Who would you rather have him or Mattocks. One must think of club's number one. MLS is about winning not about making friends.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Camilo can be as welcomed backed as Mark Messier. May as well re name HWY 99, Camilo Way, as it goes straight out of town!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't agree more. But getting some players in return would help. Or park him on the bench for the season!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my heart I'd love to see this guy parked for the year. Fcuk him, let him rot!

That being said, pragmatically, you get what is best for the team out of him, even if that means playing him.

This is, of course, assuming he'd become WCFC property again, which I doubt. I see him getting stiffed by his Mexican team, then hitting the market again as a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0