Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 World Cup Qualifying

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for DeGuzman, good for him I suppose. He could have been losing to Japan 2-1 with a country that doesn't even have a head coach and out of any qualifying rounds. Let's see........do I get the chance to play with Robert Van Persie/Arien Robben or Nik Ledgerwood or Andre Hainault(no disrespect to these two lads who probably decent footballers) but I think the former might be the choice.

I know you were just pointing that out Jonesy and not ripping him for doing what he did but it is disappointing when a country can't keep it's best players.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose DeGuzman is following his conscience, as others have done before him, but should we have to put a price on loyalty? There are definitely two sets of responsibility here, CS. Our players need to know that the CSA is actually doing its job to provide them the best opportunity to be successful. Conversely, the CSA needs to be able to expect respect from the players under its purview - if it is able to build a system that actually works to develop players here, then those players should have the decency to represent it. Both have a very long way to go to make this state achievable.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's all be realistic... How many more games is JDG2 going to get for De Oranje?

Let's look at the MF Depth Chart...at least the guys ahead of him (and notably weren't called to this game for whatever reason) and all in their prime and not yet in their 30's
Sneijder, Afellay, Schaars, de Jong, Maduro, Wijnaldum...

Sorry, I just don't see it as anything other than the Netherlands keeping some level of depth for emergency purposes... I'm not saying that Canada instantly qualifies for a WC with him on our roster, but we need these guys to start capping for us instead of capping abroad, and hopefully we can cap Koffie and start naturalizing players from elsewhere with our MLS teams here now.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heart break for Ireland today on the last kick of the game.....battled hard in the snow and could have easily had those three points.....Unlucky to Montenegro who could have created a tidy gap in their pool......Well done to Croatia on a late comeback against Wales......Unlucky for Scotland......for being Scotland. :D ;) Any national team with Kenny Miller any part of it doesn't deserve to do well.

Unlucky to Azerbaijan too as you were my third favorite team today behind Ireland and Montenegro.

And of course, unlucky to San Marino, who have now lost 113 of their last 119 matches. I wonder if they're affiliated with Friends United?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three games were played today between teams from Great Britain and the former Yugoslavia.
Croatia beat Wales, Serbia beat Scotland but England kept British spirits high with a 1-1 draw against Montenegro.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the Occupied Six lost to another team who is used to occupying today 2 - 0. :) Overall a NOT so great day for GREAT Britain........though I do have a soft spot for the Welsh. :)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

How could that game have continued? That's insane.

When Tony Waiters ran the National team they played in Newfoundland (?IIIRC) in wet, windy, winter conditions but nothing like that storm.

Yes, let's play our qualifiers in Commonwealth on a cold winter day or Winnipeg in their new stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Starting again today! Feel free to admit you were wrong anytime now. :cool:

:bronco:
If they were playing anyone other than Romania and Estonia (or San Marino or some other minnow, like say Scotland) do you think he'd be called? if they're playing Germany, or Italy, Portugal etc he's not getting called to the squad let alone playing. I'll stand to be corrected when they actually play a middle to top end nation.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia must be deliriously happy today; my Belgians have knocked off Serbia...

Deliriously happy that they are now 3 points behind Belgium with a way worse GD... Yeah I'm sure they're happy about wanting to play a qualification game to reach the world cup.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF Bronco?

:bronco:

You know Croats Regs. We win games against the big teams and lose to half rate ones. Much like the local side back in the day. We'd be world beaters against Peg and then shite the bed against plonkers like Surrey U. :cool:

Backdoor, here we come. :mad:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts