Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2015/216 Presidents Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any specific reason the finals are in Port Moody every year? There are some awesome venues around which have more seating and parking and more of a stadium atmosphere? Just curious.

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks cascade . I emailed the league and they got upset with the question ...
Also agree with you on the finals venue. Shouldn't be there every damn year. Lots of better options. Maybe should even rotate between host clubs / cities from year to year .

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley has that great turf with a massive grand stand, Abby has Rotary or Exhibition stadium? 2 fantastic venues. Perhaps they're going for a more "central location" but I still believe there are better venues than the current one.

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley makes most sense in my opinion...
Guess the only way it'll change if someone brings it up at the AGM

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody, the honest answer...we have almost unlimited access to the facility. The VP of the league is also the executive director at Port Moody. Anywhere else and we need to have a different host club, like Peace Arch use to do out at South Surrey. Literally anyone or club who would like to host the event, please by all mean submit a proposal. I agree though, loads of great places that could host. That said, the 4 or 5 changerooms right at the pitch as well us the upper viewing area are pretty ideal. The drive for some... not so much.

Beer Garden - I recall we wanted it up where 2 years ago, but I think its the city that said we can't move the benches or obstruct access to the area with fencing or tents... something along those lines.Its not our first rodeo, its all been talked about.

games- U21, presidents, masters, pakenham I think... Unofficially. we talked about swapping the masters presidents time, but not sure where it got left.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That makes good sense, thanks for the info @knvb . The cup finals day is definitely a well put together day, love the addition of the live feeds for those who can't make it down.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We just got confirmation ( not that any one cares to watch ) Div 4 Bradner Cup ( Bradner v Langley Sentinel ) game will be first game at 9:30 or 9:45. Might be a good morning caesar type of game for you alcoholics to start the day!!!! Just Sayin.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then We drink for the rest of the day....look forward to meeting some of you Bastards. I'll be the old guy on the sidelines #16 in case my user name didn't give it away. This will be the first game all season I haven't played< we want our best 11 out there and I'm 50 so the speed is gone by the wayside. This game is important to us, some of our fathers already have the title of Bradner cup winners and we'd like to bring another one home.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be a good game vs a strong sentinel team. Best of luck to you. Lots of us will be at the WC Qualifier this Friday if you're there as well.

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early start !
Haven't played that early in a long time ( that I can remember anyway. Most likely would have been hungover ).
More time for beer garden drinking post match I guess.
Gna have to put our guys on lock down Saturday night though ...
United boys don't drink yet so they'll be fine . Bastards

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody, the honest answer...we have almost unlimited access to the facility. The VP of the league is also the executive director at Port Moody. Anywhere else and we need to have a different host club, like Peace Arch use to do out at South Surrey. Literally anyone or club who would like to host the event, please by all mean submit a proposal. I agree though, loads of great places that could host. That said, the 4 or 5 changerooms right at the pitch as well us the upper viewing area are pretty ideal. The drive for some... not so much.

Beer Garden - I recall we wanted it up where 2 years ago, but I think its the city that said we can't move the benches or obstruct access to the area with fencing or tents... something along those lines.Its not our first rodeo, its all been talked about.

games- U21, presidents, masters, pakenham I think... Unofficially. we talked about swapping the masters presidents time, but not sure where it got left.
@knvb do have any idea when the bradner open final will be played. No time or date on the schedule yet for this one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0