Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2-1 ND Pks,

Obviously devastated with the loss but with 15 of our 20 players aged 22 or under it was a heck of a run we had these last 12 months. Summer league champs, Valley Champs, soccer City Champs and a tough PK loss in the provincials semis. If only we has coach of the year Paul Ballard to take us over the hump. Some how we collected zero individual awards but I digress.

Game went pretty much as we wanted, first half we allowed them to hold possession amongst their defense and holding mids but they didn't penetrate or create anything. We just held our shape and congested the middle and you could see them getting frustrated. We had a few counter attacking opportunites that we should have done better with. The first half was exactly as we prepared and hoped for 0-0.

Second half they came out and got their outside backs beginning to join the play, we were backed off way to far and they scored a deserved goal after some nice interchange. for 10-15 minutes after that it seemed like the flood gates might open as Inter Hit a few posts and our keeper made a few saves. If they had of buried another in that stretch it would have been over. We managed to regain composure and after a few goal mouth scrambles and a nice save from Fink we were back playing again. Not to long after our holding mid hit a great volley from 20-25 yards to tie it at 1. The last 20 minutes of the game Inter had nothing left and was holding on, their were a few handballs in the box and in my opinion one definitly should have been called. Ruben was doing us no favours the entire game and we knew we would have to earn it.

OT we were the better side but both teams were gased and didn't really want to commit to taking a chance and leave themselves open at the back. there was a ton of open space for either team to really go for it. In the Pks fink made 2 big saves on our first and 4th shot and they scored all 4. A tough loss but a great atmosphere largely created by our travelling support. A great season, that for about 30 minutes seemed like it may turn into a dream season but it wasn't to be. Should be a great final.

Dalton

Nov 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
which individual award would have helped in PK's I wonder?

All VMSL finals. Are they going to move the finals to Vancouver now?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
which individual award would have helped in PK's I wonder?

All VMSL finals. Are they going to move the finals to Vancouver now?

Dalton you have a bizarre russel tiebert like obsession with me. Yes I've noticed all your random dislikes or uracunt. I can only take a wild guess who you may be but I have a pretty good idea. What I mean is our coach deserves credit for helping our team achieve what it has. North delta hasn't won a title in premier since the mid 90s, let alone 2 trophies in a season. I'm sure the other candidates were great but they weren't coach of the year. #voteforLion

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive,

You have no idea what the real COTY had to put up with this year. Trust me, he deserved it.

But, congrats on a great year out of a very young squad, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the history of the FVSL COTY? Who won it in year's past?

Clearly, if ND management had introduced themselves to the FVSL Exec they could have done their coach a big favour. It's a criteria in the constitution, go check it out.

:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI: Bookie event in place for the final this weekend between Inter & Chile

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincial Cup Final
Inter vs Chile

3:00PM May 10th
Willoughby Turf, Langley BC

Inter finished 4th in the VMSL Premier division with 35 points from a record of 10W - 5D - 7L. They scored 45 goals over the season while conceding 33

Chile finished 8th also in the VMSL Premier division with 31 points from a record of 9W - 4D - 9L. They scored 40 goals over the season while conceding 44

Head to head, these teams drew 1-1 November 7th, 2014 and on February 28th, Chile produced a 2-1 result vs their opponents for the final. These 2 teams also met in the Imperial Cup semifinals on March 20th with Chile again topping their Italian rivals 2-1 (Chile went on to narrowly lose the final vs West Van 1-0)

Both teams secured their spots in the final through PK victories and I see the final going to spotters as well.

Good luck to both teams and while I'd love to take in the final, I used up all 6 of my Mother's Day free passes back when I was still playing :)

Cheers,

Regs.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive,

You have no idea what the real COTY had to put up with this year. Trust me, he deserved it.

But, congrats on a great year out of a very young squad, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Putting up with shite means you're worthy of winning coty? It's a slap in the face to @LION that he didn't win it. Same team as he had the previous year, changed some things around and they were able to finish above a very good abbotsford side.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw less emotion when Julianne More beat out Rosamund Pike for best actress at the Oscars.

I was outraged, the oscars are all politics But then again North delta is just a bunch of winners I mean whiners.
Back to provincials. I got a feeling Chile squeaks this one out 2-1.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Putting up with shite means you're worthy of winning coty? It's a slap in the face to @LION that he didn't win it. Same team as he had the previous year, changed some things around and they were able to finish above a very good abbotsford side.

Awesome, I always thought you were a bit of an angry child. :D

He also had to bring the deep fryer, heat it up, and hang around till all the food and pints were gone.

You. Have. No. I. Dea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts