Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got word that Mundiavocat beat the Graduates 3 - 0

Fairly even first half and they had a few dangerous counter attacks. First half ended 0-0.

They put us on our heels for the first 15mins after the break and we survived it without getting scored on when they should have put at least one chance away. We injected some fresh legs and within minutes we were up 1-0 with a tidy strike from about 10 yards out. We ended up scoring 3 but had enough chances to score more as they were pushing for goals.

We're expecting a tough challenge this coming weekend.

Looks like red tops or white alternates

http://www.bmsasoccer.com/component/joomsport/team/18/4

(click on the photos tab there)

Yes, we have Red or White jerseys.

Upset of the week?...Burnaby Hotspur 2-1 winners over Rino's! Game report Dezza?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
First half was shite. The best chance was ours - a long range daisy cutter was parried by their keeper and our forward got the rebound but blazed it over.

Second half we traded goals on set pieces. We then almost took the lead on a header from a corner, but it was post and out. Not long after their star midfielder pressed us high and caused a turnover which caught our defence out of position, and that allowed said midfielder to get himself free to receive a return pass in the box, which he slotted in under the onrushing keeper.

Last 15 minutes we threw everything at them, but just couldn't buy a goal. They worked very hard and seemed to play with a shortened bench which could hurt them if they keep progressing. Overall they seemed like a decent bunch, and both teams were there to play as evidenced by the fact that with Ruben (known on this site as "The Bald Macedonian") in the middle there was only one caution the whole match.

As for @ArticleBot if you want it to post about Provincials, I'd expect you might find some coverage over at http://aftn.ca/category/bc-soccer/

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

Apr 17 08:00PM Richmond Athletics (RASA) Mundiavocat FC (BMSA)...not predicting our fortunes this week :p
Apr 18 01:30PM S. Burnaby Fighting Irish (BMSA) Saanich Fusion Campus Honda (VISL) Burnaby Lake West Field #3
Apr 18 05:00PM Langley Utd Dynamo (FVSL) Meralomas FC (VMSL) Willoughby Turf South
Apr 18 08:00PM Langley Utd Sparta (FVSL) Burnaby Hotspur FC( BMSL) Willoughby Turf South
Apr 18 08:00PM Guildford FC (VMSL) Aldergrove Red Devils (FVSL) Newton Athletic #1
Apr 19 01:30PM Powell River Villa SC (VISL) Port Alberni Athletics (VISL) Cranberry Field
Apr 19 02:30PM Persia FC (BMSL) Richmond All Blacks (RASA) Burnaby Lake West Field #3
Apr 19 12:30PM Jugadores CF I (RASA) South Delta Royals (VMSL)

There's a good chance I get all of these wrong!!

LessThanABuck

Nov 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apr 17 08:00PM

Richmond Athletics (RASA)

Mundiavocat FC (BMSA)

Minoru Oval

Apr 18 01:30PM

S. Burnaby Fighting Irish (BMSA)

Saanich Fusion Campus Honda (VISL)

Burnaby Lake West Field #3

Apr 18 05:00PM

Langley Utd Dynamo (FVSL)

Meralomas FC (VMSL)

Willoughby Turf South

Apr 18 08:00PM

Langley Utd Sparta (FVSL)

Burnaby Hotspur FC( BMSL)

Willoughby Turf South

Apr 18 08:00PM

Guildford FC (VMSL)

Aldergrove Red Devils (FVSL)

Newton Athletic #1

Apr 19 01:30PM

Powell River Villa SC (VISL)

Port Alberni Athletics (VISL)

Cranberry Field

Apr 19 02:30PM

Persia FC (BMSL)

Richmond All Blacks (RASA)

Burnaby Lake West Field #3

Apr 19 12:30PM

Jugadores CF I (RASA)

South Delta Royals (VMSL)

Richmond High

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Athletics (RASA)
Mundiavocat FC (BMSA)

S. Burnaby Fighting Irish (BMSA)
Saanich Fusion Campus Honda (VISL)

Langley Utd Dynamo (FVSL)
Meralomas FC (VMSL)

Langley Utd Sparta (FVSL)
Burnaby Hotspur FC( BMSL)

Guildford FC (VMSL)
Aldergrove Red Devils (FVSL)

Powell River Villa SC (VISL)
Port Alberni Athletics (VISL)

Persia FC (BMSL)
Richmond All Blacks (RASA)

Jugadores CF I (RASA)
South Delta Royals (VMSL)

Good luck to everyone this weekend, except the All Blacks and The Royals ;)

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any info on melanoma fc? Someone has already referred to them as muckers, could this be? A possible muck fest? Hope to see the fvsl represented well this weekend . I have heard the fvsl slagged before by many in other leagues and for sure the vmsl and Richmond league have the better record in this cup but just because your postal code is a tipped over porta-potty behind the Burger King on renfrew and east Hastings, does this make you a better rec footy player?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Athletics 4 - 2 Mundiavocat in extra time.

We came to this game relishing the role of the underdog and played like we had nothing to lose. Fast paced game at the start and CIC lets us know he's here and means business after a hard sliding tackle a few minutes. A couple minutes later, our centre back wipes him out with a tackle and we know we have a game on our hands!

They had a good chance to score as CIC plays in his strike partner but our goalie came out to make a huge save! A few minutes after that, we gain possession in their zone and our midfielder makes a pin point pass to our big man up front who makes no mistake heading the ball pass their keeper. We go up 2-0 when the same big man gathers the ball at twenty yards and loops a shot past the reach of the keep. 2-0 at half.

We knew they would throw everything at us in the 2nd half. They got into their rhythm and hemmed us in our end for a while but with no real scoring chances. We make a counter attack and a ball whipped in from the left is volleyed by our striker who is robbed by their keep at point blank!

They come back at us and after some nice passing at the top of the box, the ball skips up on CIC who looks like he uses his arm to gain control of the ball and then proceeds to slot it short side and through some legs. A veteran move and the ref didn't see the handball, but he still had to finish. Whatever, we didn't make a huge stink about it. 2-1.

At about 6 minutes left to play. Our right mid and I somehow get on a 2 on O with their keeper. Our right mid could have passed it back to me for an open net tap-in but he decided to shoot and the keeper guessed correct that he would shoot and made a hell of a save!

They came back down the field, whipped in an inch perfect cross to an open CIC who made no mistake.

Off to OT where Richmond gets rewarded a ridiculous pk. Our centre mid and one of their guys go hard after a loose ball in the box. It seemed to me that their player kinda submarined our mid and both guys went flying in the turf. So to us, we felt it was a foul against them and a free kick. To our amazement, the ref points to the spot, not for a foul but because when our mid was falling over the ball struck his arm. Really???
Anyways, they score the pk and it really poked a hole in our sails. They scored an insurance goal a couple minutes from the end to add salt to the wounds. ouch.

I think it'll be tough for them to win it all but they certainly have a chance!

Good luck!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For their pk...they made a substitute who came into the game to score it. Is that allowed? I thought the rule was only players on the field could take the pk.

But yeah, CIC with the brace. Great game bud.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Athletics 4 - 2 Mundiavocat in extra time.

We came to this game relishing the role of the underdog and played like we had nothing to lose. Fast paced game at the start and CIC lets us know he's here and means business after a hard sliding tackle a few minutes. A couple minutes later, our centre back wipes him out with a tackle and we know we have a game on our hands!

They had a good chance to score as CIC plays in his strike partner but our goalie came out to make a huge save! A few minutes after that, we gain possession in their zone and our midfielder makes a pin point pass to our big man up front who makes no mistake heading the ball pass their keeper. We go up 2-0 when the same big man gathers the ball at twenty yards and loops a shot past the reach of the keep. 2-0 at half.

We knew they would throw everything at us in the 2nd half. They got into their rhythm and hemmed us in our end for a while but with no real scoring chances. We make a counter attack and a ball whipped in from the left is volleyed by our striker who is robbed by their keep at point blank!

They come back at us and after some nice passing at the top of the box, the ball skips up on CIC who looks like he uses his arm to gain control of the ball and then proceeds to slot it short side and through some legs. A veteran move and the ref didn't see the handball, but he still had to finish. Whatever, we didn't make a huge stink about it. 2-1.

At about 6 minutes left to play. Our right mid and I somehow get on a 2 on O with their keeper. Our right mid could have passed it back to me for an open net tap-in but he decided to shoot and the keeper guessed correct that he would shoot and made a hell of a save!

They came back down the field, whipped in an inch perfect cross to an open CIC who made no mistake.

Off to OT where Richmond gets rewarded a ridiculous pk. Our centre mid and one of their guys go hard after a loose ball in the box. It seemed to me that their player kinda submarined our mid and both guys went flying in the turf. So to us, we felt it was a foul against them and a free kick. To our amazement, the ref points to the spot, not for a foul but because when our mid was falling over the ball struck his arm. Really???
Anyways, they score the pk and it really poked a hole in our sails. They scored an insurance goal a couple minutes from the end to add salt to the wounds. ouch.

I think it'll be tough for them to win it all but they certainly have a chance!

Good luck!

A great game last night, massive character win for us to say the least.

Mundi in the opening half gave us fits with their direct aerial play. Your two front runners, both over 6'2 easily gave our CBs trouble. Constantly defending crosses into the box didn't help us in terms of trying to play out and creating anything offensively. A good finish on the opener with the header, but that lads 2nd effort, was a worldie. 99/100 he puts that strike over the bar/wide, out for a throw etc etc. regardless, very well taken.

We pushed the paced in the second half I thought, and Mundi seemed to fade which in turn gave us our just rewards. Mundi never stopped pushing, and if not for our keeper making that short side point blank save at 2-nil, that would have been game over.

I thought the PK was a fair call, only because from where I was, it looked like your guys bundled our man over. Had no idea until after it was taken that it was rewarded for a hand ball?! Strange, but we'll take it.

As mentioned before, it was a hard fought game, but a clean one from both sides, which is a rarity these days. Mundi are a quality, respectable outfit.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So was Saanich that much better then the defending Cup champs? I didn't catch the game, but 4-2 was the final.

What happened in the other fixtures tonight..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts