Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford 5-2 over Saanich and apparently Port Alberni is also through with a 1-nil win over Persia

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@club_i_champ

WTF happened there in Extra Time?

It's been a LONG weekend trying to get past what happened Friday night.

Sparta buried in the opening minute of ET, and we just seemed to panic/collapse. We bombed everyone forward, trying to equalize right away, which in turn left us wide open on the back end, and Sparta just buried on every counter attack, simple as that. Sparta made timely subs, and we just didn't have the collective legs. Not making any excuses, but we only had 2 subs, and that hurt us big time.

In the first half, Sparta created a couple good chances but our keeper stood tall. He also made an unreal save in the final minute of the 90 to get us into ET. With to go however, a ball feel to our man maybe 6 yards out? He puts it straight into the keepers arms. If he puts that either side of him, the game is over I have no doubt. That said, he didn't, and when you don't finish your dinner in front of goal, you get your just desserts in the end.

Sparta are a quality outfit, no big mouths or chippy wankers etc etc which lead itself to being a competitive and hard fought game which is always nice. I have a feeling though with Zidanes comment above, he didn't actually play Friday night, but sat on the touchline all night, am I wrong?

Good luck to everyone the rest of the way

CICwhoisstillGUTTED

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sparta buried in the opening minute of ET, and we just seemed to panic/collapse. We bombed everyone forward, trying to equalize right away, which in turn left us wide open on the back end, and Sparta just buried on every counter attack, simple as that. Sparta made timely subs, and we just didn't have the collective legs. Not making any excuses, but we only had 2 subs, and that hurt us big time.

In the first half, Sparta created a couple good chances but our keeper stood tall. He also made an unreal save in the final minute of the 90 to get us into ET. With to go however, a ball feel to our man maybe 6 yards out? He puts it straight into the keepers arms. If he puts that either side of him, the game is over I have no doubt. That said, he didn't, and when you don't finish your dinner in front of goal, you get your just desserts in the end.

Sparta are a quality outfit, no big mouths or chippy wankers etc etc which lead itself to being a competitive and hard fought game which is always nice. I have a feeling though with Zidanes comment above, he didn't actually play Friday night, but sat on the touchline all night, am I wrong?

CICwhoisstillGUTTED
Zidane is recovering from knee surgery, he's been out all year.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

CICwhoisstillGUTTED
CIC, I meant no disrespect with my comment. Wasn't saying it in an "in your face" tone. I was simply saying that although we all think and predict our own teams to win (as we should), I would never go online before a game and say we are going to beat so and so team. Some of us saw that "Athletics" were already announcing victory over us before the game even started. Playing you guys was by far the most exciting game I've seen all year. Back and forth and could've gone either way. A header in the first half by you guys just over the bar, our midfielder clearing the ball off the line, the big save our keeper made in the dying minutes. The 3 breakaways we missed in the first 90. It was a battle!

Ps- Making subs is my only way to contribute.....

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So can someone give the lowdown on Port Alberni? They beat the top Burnaby team. They beat the top Island team. They seem to be in fantastic form! Unfortunately, couldn't make it out to the island to scout them......

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Guilford vs Port Alberni in the final... from what I gather, Guilford are overwhelming favourites?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI: Bookie event in place for the final this weekend between Guildford & Port Albernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0