Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Canadian Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess it's time to get this thread started as the Whitecaps play tonight vs Edmonton :)

Edmonton beat Ottawa previously to get to this stage as they host the Caps for the first leg - KO @ 7:00PM Pacific

Montreal host TFC in the other match-up tonight.

Predictions?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs are you saying it will be hard to play. Man oh man 8 months a year snow and cold one month of water flow over the banks and then three months of bugs and high heat.
If the game goes it will be thing to see how our Latin boys do in that cold.
Snow must have come as 44 years later NDP is in power of Alberta. There is hope for us here to see NDP in near future in BC as power party. Between us and Alberta we can make the steel mills go again and get out people in the north to work.
Parka time in May.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
As for the snow, clearly something to do with hell freezing over and the NDP taking power in Alberta :)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I am a little confused here. This Canadian championship trophy was used in the past to determine who got the one spot allotted to a Canadian team in the Champions league. It was a tournament that had more than a few questionable things happen over the years that saw the Whitecaps loose when perhaps they should have won. Then last year they decided that the top team that finishes in the MLS over the season gets the spot and the Whitecaps finally get in. So now they decided to go back to the old format where maybe the best team doesn't get in but the team that wins a tournament that has had questionable decision in the past determine who gets the spot. Do I have that right or am I missing something.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I am a little confused here. This Canadian championship trophy was used in the past to determine who got the one spot allotted to a Canadian team in the Champions league. It was a tournament that had more than a few questionable things happen over the years that saw the Whitecaps loose when perhaps they should have won. Then last year they decided that the top team that finishes in the MLS over the season gets the spot and the Whitecaps finally get in. So now they decided to go back to the old format where maybe the best team doesn't get in but the team that wins a tournament that has had questionable decision in the past determine who gets the spot. Do I have that right or am I missing something.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-...-championships-p156082&t=championship_article

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Akslop cleared up like only soccer Canada could.

So tonight's game is cancelled and the Whitecaps are now hosting the first leg and the team will have even more travel miles on them when this is done.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a 90 minute flight, surely these professionals can handle it?

:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a cold day in hell. Interesting times ahead.

I'd like to see a good mix of the young players and a few key vets, but I sure hope Hurtado stays off the sheet. He apparently refused an assignment to WFC2, so fcuk him. Let the younger, hungrier, and frankly, more skilled players play.

Hope to see Bustos in Morales' role, maybe Mesquida on right flank, and the Bug on the NDP side. Would like to see Parker in Kah's role, goal machine Harvey out left, and I supose Sampson on the right- though he scares me. Waston the other CB. Armband.

Defensive mids: Gershon and Ben McKendry.

Up top, Caleb Clarke giving way to Earnshaw.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude aren't you too busy getting shown up in the jock sniffers forum to be posting here.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
in a perfect world they'd have Harvey and Teibert play a full 90 and rest the useful players for the important games...

as for the travel, at least the Embraer's they take to Edmonton create an intimate atmosphere for the boys...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD...I need to get my fix in somewhere. I'm more like a jock-sniffer-sniffer. Sniffing the jock-sniffers. It's not TTP, but it's something. Besides, if I'm a jocksniffer, you are a jocksniffer lurker.

MTKB...surely you can't be saying Tiebert is useless if the Cap's have an overwhelmingly better record with him in the line-up since Gershon went down last year, than with him out of it? I'm sure you had to do a few stats courses on your way to the bar, what are the stats to show the Caps level of success with him in over this season and last, vs. when he's out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0