Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 CCL & The Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure the draw could have gone much better, side stepped Club America and the Galaxy. A Honduran club and the Sounders seems like a good draw to me???

Comments ?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely not an easy draw. Olimpia is the club that Wilson Palacios played for before he went to Ingerland, and are perennial Honduran league champs. Fill a 34K seat stadium in Tegucigalpa with rabid Honduran fans (are there any other kind?) and you will learn the meaning of "hostile atmosphere." Nothing will be easy against Seattle either.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those were my thoughts.

Seattle has to be seen as the "Easy" game, and a must win. Then you go to Honduras and I think load right up with as many of our South Americans as we can, whom hopefully won't be as intimidated by the environment.

I hope for the weeks surrounding these games that Robo DOESN'T treat these as USL development games, and instead actually rests his top players for these matches. Don't just say these are important to the club, show it.

Awesome, though...can't wait!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wonder how many south siders will make the treck down to take in the game at the place known as the murder capital of the world.

The other question is How many will make the treck back?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wonder how many south siders will make the treck down to take in the game at the place known as the murder capital of the world.

The other question is How many will make the treck back?

That's was hilarious!

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree they are tough matches but think it could have been much worse. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
First game coming up this Wednesday vs the Sounders @ BC Place.

Since the draw came out, I feel much better about the Caps fate to get out of the group - Seattle has gone into the shitter since then... let's hope the Caps squad rotation isn't too much outta whack and we can get some results to put us through.

Go Caps Go!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, but that is the concern...Robo will field an inexperienced line-up. I expect though that Tiebert will be back in, and hopefully Morales. Maybe Sam? Who's looking good on the farm? Ben McKendry maybe?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victor Blasco! But as of yet he does not have an MLS contract, so I don't believe he's eligible.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man that was painful to watch for the most part.

Rodriguez looked like a rookie, @Dude there was your answer on why he hasn't been getting time... bring back Levron!

If you hadn't fell asleep by halftime, did you see the highlites of the days' friendlies?

How the fcuk did Messi stay on the pitch after that?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't see it live, tried watching later after getting home, but, erm, fell asleep.

I did watch very early, and thought Rodriguez looked jumpy and was rushing the play a bit. "Composed" did not come to mind, and remember thinking that it was going to be trouble.

Then, never saw a bit after.

I did see Parker's goal. Nice little flick. What's with our CB's our scoring our strikers?

And Hurtado? Fcuk me. Lose the arm-warmer. What a donkey. And a shitty player at that.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude

There's a highlite video posted in the Media section

Hurtado's haircut made him look like a cartoon :rolleyes:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was there last night and here was my take on the game and I understand getting guys involved that don't get a lot of minutes, especially with the amount of games in the upcoming weeks.

The defense looked pretty decent IMO for most of the game apart from falling asleep on the Seattle goal, however it appeared to me that it was more of Earnshaw watching than the actual defense. Dean was solid as was Parker, and Rodriguez just seemed to be there but didn't make me notice or not notice him. I thought Sampson was invisible all night. Morales had a terrible 60 minutes. Hurtado showed why he doesn't play anymore, especially since he won't go to USL for minutes, he's digging his own grave and just isn't a soccer player, maybe he can DJ at Prive in his spare time. Tiebert worked hard, which made him stand out as he was everywhere but that was about it. Flores I thought was just as bad as Hurtado and Morales and Froeze was shocking as well. Mattocks, ran a lot but thats all he does. I find that its not all his fault (atleast last night), his support was poor, he got no passes that he could run onto, he also lost the ball every time he had it. Earnshaw had a great start when he came in with a turn and shot, I would like to see him get more minutes that Mattocks, he looks more at home on the field than Mattocks does. I thought Bustos and Adekube looked very good when they came on, both with good pace and vision, brought a lot into the line up. Last night was a terrible first half with a better second, but it definitely showed why people aren't getting minutes. Very curious to see the Hondurans and what they bring to this group.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were we watching the same game cascade? I thought the only caps players that had a decent game were Parker, Dean and Flores. Hurtado was the worst player, that was pretty obvious to everyone, and Morales was the laziest. Tiebert ran alot but was pretty meh. Not as bad as Rodriguez, but not much better, which is scary as they are two of the more experienced players. Hopefully Bustos gets some more time as I thought he was the best sub of the three. Adekugbe was lost, but can't blame him as he's a defender and was put on as a winger.

In saying that thank fcuk for beer. Once they announced the starting lineup I knew the only thing decent would be that as I wasn't expecting much from the boys...and sadly it was true.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just checked the fifa 16 player attributes and Mr bases grammar has a higher attribute than Darren Mattocks finishing. Time to go, he is possibly the WORST player in the MLS. How many chances do you get? Here is a picture of the Honduran coach when he found out mattocks was starting
6846667.jpg
guys fcuking awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0