Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 CCL & The Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He over dribbled in trying yet another poorly executed step-over. Watch it in slow motion. He's effing terrible, and thank fcuk Ferose was there to clean up his mess.

Then on the chance right after?

He's terrible, and the only reason he continues to get time is because of the law of averages. He keeps the other team on their heals because, once in every 30 clear cut chances, he MAY score, and you don't want to be known as the donkey who was assigned to Mattocks when he scored. That is a possible bigger career killer than Dave Grohl going mute.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
just read a comment on one of the fifa 16 player rankings websites "lesbians have better ball control than mattocks"
With our luck we will make it to the finals or have a chance to win the shield and it will be buttocks that scores it, endearing himself to the front office for a contract extension and pay raise.
Vancouver has to be one of the hardest places in the world to be a fan with the type of management decisions this city makes.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-0 defeat, thank God I only spent 15 minutes watching this. Other than it being an awful way to spend my time, the one take away I had was the commentator saying the Sounders now have a set piece opportunity when a Cap fouled a Sounder at the edge of the box... in the Sounders half! WTF?

:)

Which academy players get to go to Honduras now? Hopefully Mattocks shows well as a transfer target :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah....it was poor beyond poor. Thanks fcuk I PVR'd the thing. Shut it off after the 3rd, and watched the new Muppet Show instead.

Which was pretty good, filmed in the same style as "The Office".

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Be A Cap for a Weekend Contest - I swear they would get 15 SS to sign up and PAY for the privilege :)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much a I love Rivero's work rate, I think we need that real DP striker. Drogba is making 1.6, thats only 500K more than Morales. Spend the money, get a top scorer, we can become a wrecking machine and much more efficient than we are now.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade. I agree. One big piece like drogba would really finish our attack side of the team. I really like Riveiro and all that he brings. His hold up play and runs are great. But not a big goal scorer. Really our wingers need to be the ones getting in to the space he creates.
I always had said drogba would be a perfect piece for the last few years as we really needed that strong target man. Riveiro will do for for sure.

Anyone think Morales game has gone down since he signed the extension?
I know he has been battling injuries and such, but he is not finding the space to create as much anymore. Or maybe teams know to now shut him down and not let him turn forward.

One big piece from Europe could really help the team. But perhaps it goes against their young growth concept. Our attack is pretty young. Manneh, Riv and The bug are all under 25 no?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much a I love Rivero's work rate, I think we need that real DP striker. Drogba is making 1.6, thats only 500K more than Morales. Spend the money, get a top scorer, we can become a wrecking machine and much more efficient than we are now.

I don't think the $$ values are that straightforward. $1.6 mill is Drogba's base salary, but his guaranteed is $2.1 mill which likely means he got a $500K signing bonus or some very easy incentives bonus to earn that $500K.
Also, since he only arrived mid-season, his actual full season salary is likely upwards of $3 mill

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the $$ values are that straightforward. $1.6 mill is Drogba's base salary, but his guaranteed is $2.1 mill which likely means he got a $500K signing bonus or some very easy incentives bonus to earn that $500K.
Also, since he only arrived mid-season, his actual full season salary is likely upwards of $3 mill
and worth it.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NASL part 2

The only team that can afford these large salaries and not be loosing money is Seattle.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From a Caps business point of view though, why spend the extra dosh when you are challenging for the Supporters Shield with a month to go and one of the serious contenders for MLS Cup?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not agreeing with that stance but with the way this team is built from front office to the pitch, the extra money spent would go to waste (never going to open more seats at BC Place, marketing doesn't feature the players enough as instead they feature the fans, promotional appearances are few and far between and when it does happen, mostly squad players not the "stars")

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Russell Teibert the reason to make a statement like this one:

upload_2015-9-24_12-44-7.png
or this one:

upload_2015-9-24_12-48-31.png

Top young talents came from South America, not within the organization. The fact that Teibert plays for MNT shows more about how weak that MNT is than how good Whitecaps development program is.

Adding WFC2 to USL cannot be the reason to say how Residency Program has succeeded when in fact it did not "produce" enough talent to knock on WFC MLS team's door (after all those years and bringing top Canadian talent at young age and trying to develop them; really, is it working?).

Yes, it is great that some young players got a chance to play some MLS minutes this year but let's think for a minute when they exactly played. Does the game against Seattle last night count as meaningful and successful?

When Whitecaps have 5, 6 young players (that came within organization) playing some serous role in WFC MLS team then Whitecaps can brag about Residency Program success. It is too early to label this current situation as "WFC reaping the rewards and that Canada is next!"

Whitecaps are doing well this season because they brought a lot of South American players not because their Residency Program is great and it looks to me that they are trying to present current MLS success to their Residency Program. Let's wait another couple of years, at least, see how many WFC2 players will move to WFC MLS team roster and then start talking about how successful Residency Program is/was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0