Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Gold Cup

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does/will the expansion of USL and the current Canadian MLS sides placing development teams in this league fill the void of not having a domestic league? Looking at Vancouver's roster, 10 of the 16 players signed USL are Canadian, I would hope/assume Montreal's is the same. With Ottawa and Edmonton in NASL, we have 8 "professional teams" that Canadians can play on. I would think further expansion in the USL division would be easier (adding Calgary, Hamilton etc.) than attempting to start a full fledged domestic league, given your money making cities are already in the MLS. CSA needs to harden up and push to ensure all these teams have more Canadian content.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is so broken I do not think it can be repaired, certainly not by anyone at CSA with the abilities that they have which is reflected in their wages. No insult to them but this is not even a bit of a priority for the government and it shows. Compare Canada to any of the other free world countries. Soccer is not a Canada sport. Sorry for pointing that out.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking wit Herb Jr. in the beer gardens yesterday and like he said, it all has to be scrapped and started from scratch.

Eradicate the CSA and create a new body (The CFA?) put in new people and start over.

Yes, we'll take our beatings.
Yes, it will be a long, hard affair.
But, it would hopefully put our Canadian players first at all levels and be able to offer our talent after the age of 16 something to strive for and develop right up to the age of 22/23.

Make it happen Tish!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Many delusional views here. If Larkin scores in the first game, they win and go through. He missed an open net, nothing a coach can do. Technically they are not as good as costa rica, or some other countries of course. However, they have been in every game and outplayed Jamaica and Costa Rica. They do not have a stud who can win a game or a natural goal scorer. Avg. international players for majority of part, some below average. I keep hearing and reading about development, however you also have to develop a mentality of winning and how to win. I personally dislike when coaches of u17 and u18hpl teams say its not about winning but about development. Development for what??? You play the game to win.
You don't pay $2500 to sit on the bench and watch your team try to win games the wrong way. That's counterproductive. It's about developing players good enough to play at the next level and understanding the game enough that they can play at the level they are capable of playing at. Playing track and field with the ball doesn't do that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't pay $2500 to sit on the bench and watch your team try to win games the wrong way. That's counterproductive. It's about developing players good enough to play at the next level and understanding the game enough that they can play at the level they are capable of playing at. Playing track and field with the ball doesn't do that.

...and you don't leave better players off that squad just because they can't come up w/ the money to be part of it. Also counterproductive to development.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps should talk to the Canucks about making deals. For example, Cam Neely and a first round pick for Barry Pederson.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps should talk to the Canucks about making deals. For example, Cam Neely and a first round pick for Barry Pederson.
Mattock is no Neely. I'd trade Mattocks right fcuking now for Barry Pederson, and not the Barry Pederson in his prime, give me the 2015 version. He has to be good for something...collecting water bottles, handing out tape, holding the door open. I'll take that trade right now.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see it now though, when the tournament is over "Mattocks will start tonight, after a great showing at the recent gold cup, and the Whitecaps have showed their faith for the Jamaican international by extending his contract for the next 3 years"
200.gif

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well you know he will start soon, he pretty much has to with the amount of games the Caps have next month :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mexico just sacked their manager.

This is right after they WON the Gold Cup.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts