Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish him all the best, and file it under "things we'll never know." Guy had all the tools and then some compared to the "strikers" we blessed to watch last season. Can argue he never got a fair shake after terrible luck with injuries.. Could the Whitecaps staff be to blame for his poor rehabilitation?

Who knows what kind of attitude he had in practice but he was clearly not part of Robinsons plans (whether right or wrong) but to make any striker sit and watch Mattocks miss sitter after sitter, and Hurtado well.. Hurtado, I can't see anyone not roughing it up at practice.

Another blog pointed out how this is now becoming a trend, despite the great locker room this season, we've had some pretty poor handling of players... Camilo... Rochat... Hassli... A bunch of fan favorites leaving town pretty unhappy with the organization. Still don't know what really happened with Barber, but I haven't seen the same level of sponsors on the video boards like we used to.

Also what happened to Lee? I thought he was going to get a position within the organization. Hope they can keep Demerit around, and start building a culture, rather than just relying on Lenarduzzi's "legacy"

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If she is good for him no reason to spoil it. Man has a nice dipping dish. What does brain got to do with it. Less cells more fun. She might turn him in to a soccer player yet. Every so often he forgets he is on the pitch. He might be trade bait with a draft player for a power-full sweeper.
No wander Babba still wants to be part of the club.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like some guy named Gerrard from one of the smaller teams in the EPL signed with LA. Should RCLD buy tickets for when LA comes to town now or is he going to be okay because it is not Beckham.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was just thinking about how long it would take for the "Who are ya?" and "You're no Beckham" chants to start when he comes... then I realized, artificial turf, princess EPL vet.... he's not playing here...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver really needs to sort out the stadium, or more accurately, the playing surface issue. How they can't see this as being a major hindrance to developing the club is beyond me. Vancouver has to have the worst surface in the league....

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MLS need to make all teams play on grass, it will improve the league and make the league more viable for many of the world's top players to move to the MLS at the end of the careers.

The Whitecaps are never going to attract an Henry, Gerrard, Beckham, Kaka etc with a turf field.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't the lease up in 2016 @ BC Place?

If my memory is correct they signed a ten year lease which means it will run out in 2021. I heard a rumor that the sounders are interested in getting their own stadium. Interesting if true and I wonder how intimate they will make it.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should RCLD buy tickets for when LA comes to town now or is he going to be okay because it is not Beckham.

STD, it is really, really annoying what you are doing. Why are you making all those comments? It is not fun, it is actually quite stupid.

If it is still not clear to you, let me repeat:

I had friends from Europe visiting me and my family when Whitecaps played Galaxy. So, being from Europe and realizing that the top MLS team was coming to Vancouver (with Beckham or without him it really did not matter) THEY (my guests) expressed a wish to go to BC Place, watch the game, experience MLS soccer atmosphere, etc.

So, considering a fact that BC Place has 55,000 seats LOGICALLY it should not be a big issue to go and buy a few tickets for the game, right!? Yes, I knew about their stupid "intimate soccer atmosphere" philosophy (the most ridiculous motto they could come up with) but, still, I was so naïve to believe that considering the opponent they'd be opening upper bowl too to popularize the game (if nothing else). But, I had only an option to buy a few tickets at over $100 each (left unsold, scattered around so we even would not be sitting together) or watch the game with my friends on TV. At the same time the game was labeled as SOLD OUT!!! I am repeating this to you because you are constantly provoking with your comments.

Finally, my friends went back to Europe and all those years Whitecaps have been a laughing stock whenever they talk about their "soccer experience in Vancouver, BC, Canada". They have watched games in at least 15 different European countries (two of them even went to watch WC in Brazil), they are now in their late 40s, and they have never seen in their life a soccer game being labeled as SOLD OUT with 27,000 empty seats!!! For that stupidity alone the owners should have fired Bobaduzzi and that was the point of my comments back then (could not care less about Beckham back then or Gerrard now; in fact, I never liked any of them as soccer players).

Should I start again a stupid discussion about Whitecaps "intimate experience philosophy" so you can have another moment of making fun of me!? Man, what is enough is enough. Not funny, again. Only idiots can intentionally defend Whitecaps "intimate atmosphere" philosophy. Where did that stupidity really take Whitecaps all those years? The number of season ticket holders is constantly going down, isn't it!?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, okay I can take a hint you want to move on but before I do I would like to point out that your friends who have watched soccer in 15 different European countries can't stop talking about the Whitecaps:)

Moving on do you think Teibert can become a local legend like Lenarduzzi?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Furthers the argument to head back to Swangard. Perhaps If the lower bowl is full you could find "STD and RL RCD sitting in a tree"? Not sure you could get more intimate than that?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD, it is really, really annoying what you are doing. Why are you making all those comments? It is not fun, it is actually quite stupid.

No, it's still funny.

Much like your (unhealthy) infatuation with Russell Tiebert is still funny to all TTP Posters not called RL RCD.

:D (for effect)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, it's still funny. Much like your (unhealthy) infatuation with Russell Tiebert is still funny to all TTP Posters not called RL RCD. :D (for effect)

1) Hmmm, my (unhealthy) infatuation with Tiebert is still funny to all TTP Posters not called RL RCD!? How sure are you about that statement? Am I really the only one (based on your comment it looks that I am the only one) that has, as you said, "(unhealthy) infatuation" with Tiebert?

2) Now, if I am (unhealthy) infatuated with Tiebert then what is the state of people who are infatuated with my (unhealthy) infatuation with Tiebert. Healthy infatuation!? :wa:(for effect)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Answers...

1) You are the only one with as unhealthy an infatuation as you. As for the other part of the statement...I am generalizing, and assuming, but all in all, I think it's hillarious and don't really give a shite about others opinions anyhow. It's a never ending source of amusement. Your infatuation, that is.

2) Now that is an excellent question. If only Jinky were still alive on TTP, he could answer. I do think, though, that the real answer links back to answers for question #1.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2015/01/bc-place-recognized

Someone tell RCLRCR it's a very unique atmosphere. I hope someone purchases you tickets so you can enjoy it when Lampard comes to down, Maybe invite your English friends who don't have any other soccer to talk about. I bet you might even be able to get your jersey signed by Teibert. After-all, its not like there are 55,000 fans in there fighting for an autograph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0