Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
F in rights Cascade. Invest in a goal scorer that can push for that spot up top. Riv didn't have anyone even challenging him for his spot up top. Not one other guy in the club. a good year and with the average age of our team a good future ahead. Few pieces out with some improvements up top and we can go further.

I really do like our CB's and holders.
Rosales spot and minutes needs to go to a dynamic player on the wing. He brought nothing off the bench.

Our subs were Rosales, mattocks and earnshaw. Just not good enough.
Where is Mezquida? Has he been injured Badly?

Ok. Almost over it.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes thanks TSN/Sportsnet/CTV. With at least a dozen different channels they couldn't start ours on one of them. I was unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict ( 4:00 ) FVSL game but both of my parents were in the parade of Veterans that walked the teams out. It would have been nice to watch.

Lucky for me a friend of mine was there and got a half decent video for me.

As for the game, the better team won last night. Disappointing for sure but still positive about the future, with a couple strikers this team will be a contender.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone who can score would be great but their midfield TTP out of our midfield. I know possession isn't everything but watching Portland string passes together just for the fun of it was a bit frustrating.

On a positive note having 27,000 people in the building made for fantastic atmosphere except that my 4 1/2 year old was wondering why people were singing when kids were trying to sleep.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clearly with the loss and the way it went down, it's finger-pointing time :)

You know you are in trouble when the removal of Manneh from the match means you will never have a chance.

I do wnat to know what exactly was the thinking in removing Koffie for Mattocks. OK, I get it, you want to get some speed back in but why the fcuk do you remove the only guy in midfield who can get forward and give you a goal as well?

Where was Mesquida (sp)?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We need more Earnshaw!!! first touch is a bike? LOVE IT by no means 90 min, but he can be our Chicharito! Bye Darren, time to go, maybe E-Money needs a hip hop partner in Norway.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I ended up going. My only WCFC match this season.

Great atmosphere. Fantastic.

Earnshaw…he’s a good little poacher, never going to create, but reads the play fantastically well, and is always looking to get shots on. One think Rivero needs to learn…if you are a striker, you should almost NEVER pass inside 18, you should have the confidence to go at defenders, and make your own space to get your shot off. I mean, 1st touch a bike? One that barely missed? Are you kidding me? That’s confidence.

Plus, this guy is all class. Clearly you could see after the match he was savouring his walk around the pitch, applauding the fans. He took his time. I have to imagine we witnessed his last match, especially the way Robo and the other coaches were celebrating his goal two weeks back. There is something more there, I think he’s done.

If so, I hope they keep him on and add him to the staff. These young pros could do well to have a little Earnshaw in them.

What can I say about Mattocks that hasn’t already, so I won’t. Agree 100%.

Robo, I agree, shouldn’t win MOTY simply because of his insistence on going to Mattocks. You have Ferose and Bustos available for selection. I’d have hoped you’d insert Bustos. Why not? In this circumstance, knowing Mattocks has not contributed, can’t contribute, why not replace your nuclear deterrent in Manneh w/ some youthful exuberance who happens to have more technical and tactical ability than DM?

Agree on Rosales, too. His time has come.

@TheRob: please explain to the masses your theory from this morning.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The TTP masses aren't ready for what I would disclose. Not yet anyway. I will give you all a hint though.

HO. That's right.

MLS conspiracy.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs Mezquida is a weird one. He had a pulled Hamstring that kept him out for awhile, he came back and dressed for the Houston game but never played because we jumped out to an early lead, then he never dressed again so you have to assume her re injured himself training. We could have used him though. The problem is we are set up absorb the pressure and quickly strike on the counter which works reasonably well with a player like Manneh if he is playing well but once he is gone wether through injury or poor play we are unable to change tactics and adapt.
Watched the highlights to punish myself and his strike that hit the post then the keeper was so unlucky. If it doesn't hit the keeper there is a good chance it comes out to Rivero so he could sky it over the bar.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read somewhere that this team was shutout in 5 of their last 6/7 matches and 7 times in the last 10.

And the formation and tactics never changed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...which is what is so infuriating about Robo as a game day manager! He's so tactically unaware, too emotionally vested. In both player loyalty and in the way he wants his team to play!

I do LIKE the club he has build, and the types of play / players he is building around. There is a lot ot like. Plus, his record speaks for him.

But...FCUK ME...definition of insanity, again, is repeating things, continuously, that don't work!

Regs and I text all the time about how the shine has fallen off Manneh's rose for us (we were both fan boys, before), but even with the growing dislike of many things that is "Manneh", you can't doubt he is a player to keep the opposing team honest, and simply by his presence, good or bad, he opens up space for Rivero and Tachera. Right now, the Bug is our only real, productive, consistent player. Manneh second, Rivero 3rd. If Morales were healthy, no doubt (in my mind) things would be better...but he's not, so what do you do? When Manneh is off, what do you do?

You have a player like Bustos in the club, sitting, waiting for his chance. Inserting Mattock yesterday was like going down to 10 men. Why does he keep going back? Is Mattocks in possession of photos showing Robo with sheep? WTF?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the exception of New York I had a chance (last two weekends) to see last 8 in both conferences. By far, really by far, Whitecaps were the worst of the bunch and they simply did not deserve to go the conference finals. A team that cannot score in 180 minutes (when it really matters) can not expect to play for a championship. Whitecaps played two awful games against Portland and nothing, absolutely nothing worked for them. Why? They became very predictable (which is an issue with their coach but some TTP guys "yelled" at me when I mentioned in the past that Robinson is a liability). Robinson simply does not know how to adjust (he is probably very good assistant coach but not a head coach caliber, in my opinion).

The best part of Whitecaps were those 27,000 who packed yesterday lower bowl (and those who travelled to Portland a week ago). Great to see such atmosphere at BC Place Stadium and it would be great if it could be repeated on Friday against Honduras.

To David Pratt (who has no clue what soccer even is): "That is the atmosphere you can experience at most soccer stadiums in the World because soccer fans care, they are passionate and they are NOT corporate "fans" as it is the case with Canucks fans." That is the answer to his bewilderment this morning and ridiculous comment that he could not basically understand how great that atmosphere could be at one soccer match. Had that guy EVER watched any other soccer game (from around the World) or he watches only Whitecaps when he gets a free ticket?

Anyway, a solid season overall but we could all sense it towards the end of a regular season that a lot of things at Whitecaps are out of sync.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure it was a statement not a prediction. If you want a prediction I will go out on a limb and say RL will have a complaint after the game regardless of the result and how many people are there.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, and I am the first to admit complete
With the exception of New York I had a chance (last two weekends) to see last 8 in both conferences. By far, really by far, Whitecaps were the worst of the bunch and they simply did not deserve to go the conference finals. A team that cannot score in 180 minutes (when it really matters) can not expect to play for a championship. Whitecaps played two awful games against Portland and nothing, absolutely nothing worked for them. Why? They became very predictable (which is an issue with their coach but some TTP guys "yelled" at me when I mentioned in the past that Robinson is a liability). Robinson simply does not know how to adjust (he is probably very good assistant coach but not a head coach caliber, in my opinion).

So, everyone agrees that, tactically, Robo made mistakes. Nobody disagreed with you there. If we go back and review, NOBODY felt he was the be-all-end-all as a game day manager.

Now, as a "Boss", you can't say that, overall, he's done a poor job. You can't! His record since taking over tells the story. The squad has gotten younger, and improved, and there are some VERY good pieces he spearheaded in acquiring.

Yes, he's young, and there are several areas he can improve on. As I mentioned, I think he needs to be more detached, and less of a buddy to his players. I think a guy like Robo can learn a lot from someone like Walley Buono (I hate stealing examples from other sports, especially American Football, but this is as good as any). Robo is great at identifying the assets, and developing them. So is Walley. But what Walley does that Robo needs to learn to do is he treats the assets like assets: they get what they need to develop, they are treated with respect, he expects a high degree of accountability, and often times, they are even given a second chance if they screw-up....but I can tell you one thing, if Buono were the boss, Nigel Reo-Coker would have been on the first bus outta town after the "bike rack" incident.

I think the reason guys get all over you is because you have a piss and moan about absolutely everything. You will find a way to piss on the most beautiful woman on the planet, riding a unicorn, on a rainbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0