Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes, I know it does, but how many will make the trip over to watch the final.....if Cowichan had got to the final I bet there would of been at least 1000 from Cowichan alone. Do you think any of the finalists will bring a 1000? It is not a cheap day out, just think that the leagues should consider the finalists themselves and any prospective fans.With regard FVSL and VMSL its no real big deal, but all said and done its a minimum of 4hrs from Vancouver to Victoria.....which interestingly other than fixtures including Southampton, Sunderland, and Newcastle is more travelling time than anything in the premier league! LOL

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, there are some logistics involved and you can't switch the location of the finals less than a week before they take place.

I don't think the teams themselves really care too much as long as the event is good and they are treated well. For a final, teams will always have travelling support (WAGS) :)

I think Powell River had about 1000 supporters in the '95 final in Coquitlam - fights broke out in the stands with them, it was awesome :)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is so much more to it... planning, volunteers, booking fields/stadiums, press, photographers etc so forth. Its not a matter of just showing up at a pitch one afternoon and playing a final. There use to be a time when the Semi's were hosted as well. the competitions committee rightly binned that un-popular nugget for reasons listed above. the finals will likely always continue to be on a rotational is my guess...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands up who's headed over for the finals!!!! ... ... ...

Semis: 2/2
Overall: 9/14

ALL VMSL FINAL PART 3 PREDICTION:

Pegasus v Metro Ford
So the trebble has all come down this. First place vs second from the VMSL, it should be a cracker. Really it doesn't require any hype and if the game were on the mainland it would likely draw a decent crowd. As for analysis there isn't much to separate the teams other than the single point from the standings, that being said their two meetings this season resulted in decisive Coquitlam wins so perhaps they are not that well matched head to head. Coquitlam has of course set the pace all season and cleared every "big game" hurdle thrown in their way this year (usually at the expense of West Van). Peg meanwhile kind of sleep walked through the season and ended up second without ever really playing any marquee fixtures. By the time they made their charge, Metro Ford already had their league fate in their own hands. They bowed out of the cup with a shock loss to Langley in the quarters and put up some big numbers in the early rounds of this competition against Island teams on the Mainland, then struggled with VMSL mid-packers Pacific in the Semis. Coquitlam are much more battle tested, having played West Van (again...), Surrey and Croatia in Provs and coming out on top just as in league play. Plus Peg has all the off field turmoil (will they leave VMSL?? Sounds like they are staying for now, but that could all change in the blink of an eye one assumes), so will that affect focus? Seems unlikely, but when you add it all up the math points to Coquitlam going 3 for 3. So why bet against them?? Well number one I love an upset, plus they have had a near flawless season, no turmoil, no bad bounces to speak of, no adversity really; they're due a break against. I'm calling some devine intervention that derails the favourites and leaves Peg surprise winners! Or maybe I'm just hoping for a plot line to keep things interesting ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final is upon us - 3:30PM Kickoff!

Hopefully this works, stream should begin before 10:30AM actually as the same feed/player is being used for the B Cup, Masters, and A Cup finals.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses to deny the treble....Bahia coach of the year......Reynolds player of the year

What a party to follow........

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enjoyable first half to watch I thought.

Peg coming on towards the end... impressed by Lensky, could be a game changer today.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vince Carter........"it's over, it's over"

Horses reign supreme again!!!

Just like Booker T - 5 time 5 time Champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens