Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Ryder Cup

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, I'll be up early cheering for the Euros:wa:
Love the side stories of this...Davis Love calling the American team "the greatest team ever assembled"....bulletin material for the Euros...and then the Brits (I think) calling out the American fans as beer swilling, doughnut eating fatsos (or words to that effect)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, I'll be up early cheering for the Euros:wa:
Love the side stories of this...Davis Love calling the American team "the greatest team ever assembled"....bulletin material for the Euros...and then the Brits (I think) calling out the American fans as beer swilling, doughnut eating fatsos (or words to that effect)

Or when Michelson trash talked past Euro captains and how they sucked. Oh wait, it was his own team captain. :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koepka's lay up short of the water, off the hosel was nice. Embarrassing.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the fans chanting "you've got no Majors" at Sergio...and then he proceeds to sink a birdie and then another to win the match:D:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's Marchups:

IMG_4320.jpg

McIlroy
Stenson
Pieters
Fowler
Walker
Mickelson
Westwood
Snedeker
Johnson
Koepka
Kayaker
Johnson

Americans to squeak it out. And to over celebrate it even though they should have lost it

Last edited:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am going with:

Rory
Stenson
Pieters
Rose
Rafa
Sergio
Westwood
Sullivan
DJ
Willett
Kaymer
Zach

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That fan clip of the put was hilarious. I imagined a safe putt to be close not a bullet that hit the back like he did. Unless he was a ringer, that was a risky shot.
I heard the TSN Canadian golf commentators say European players and their unruly fans take a Ryder Cup event far more seriously than Americans as back home it's not a huge deal like it is for a player in Europe who gets highly regarded for being on a winning Ryder Cup team.

The US are far less used to team golf other than a recent college player might be and not many recent college grads get on the Ryder Cup.
And the US players aren't used to the rowdy soccer-like fans.

The parallel in tennis is things like the Laver Cup. Europe is more used to team play although the team this year wasn't as team-oriented as Team World.

I'm not a huge tennis fan other than I'll watch the Canadian rising stars and these young Americans Francis Tiafoe and the highly enthusiastic Ben Shelton both who played in the Vancouver Laver Cup last weekend as Felix Auger-Aliassime.
Shelton is just out of college where they play more team events and his enthusiasm was why John McEnroe had him on the team and play the first game.

You could see Felix is not used to team in tennis even though he's been part of this not just this year. Like golf it takes getting used to being on a team where the guy you might play against is on your side.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts