Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion 4-4-2 is local old formation. New is more 3-4-2-1 with this said only Parker has pace in the back. Waston plays big but east west speed is ? very good in the air and in close. Guitar player good for a goal a game. The biggest problem is to add third guy with pace like Parker in the back. Mids we have are fine. In my opinion Hurtado should be right D, though with seed. Strikers are not even close good enough Japan lad could be the one that saves our season. If they shank Manneh around he will be gone at the end of the season. He is allot smarter than many. He could easy find work in Europe. Team has to use Coffie allot more this year. He covers both sides of the field on time. Latino guys shunt Coffie out and play more to each other and for most defend late. Type of strikers Caps play they need to play 5-4-1 top guy holds for support. I am not paying money for season tickets this year. Might take in five six games. Team has to buy proven striker as DP pay the guy fan base would double. If you pay fifty cents get fifty cents back.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha! Yes Watson as a sweeper for sure. ;)
10 yards behind the entire team. If I see Robinson I must let him know that this is needed.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never heard of Watson, residency kid?

To be honest, looking at the squad, I bet Harvey could be a solid player in the sweeper position.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs Waston can not sweep first three steps not there Parker could sweep. Harvey good for goal a game if not two. Lion Robbo only blows to his tune.For Robbo - make the playoffs this year or it will be pack your bags. No one plays with a sweeper formation. If they play with five in the back two wide man jump up in to play and plug the gaps in the middle of the Park. One of them guys he drafted will make the team. It will be kid that can sweep or play right D.
I think Robbo will try Smith on R D area to me he lacks speed in turn could cost us few games.
We have better midfield this year than lust year,Hurtado is back he has learned lots over seas. I would use him as R. D. Speed to burn, strength to burn simply move the ball out do not carry the ball in your feet. Up front import from Japan plays good ball, Manneh good player rest god help us. On for one game off for four. I hope Robbo looks in Edmonton there is a guy there who could save his behind. Team needs C forward that could be go to guy with strength and skill. That's how i see it.
Lion in this country they do not listen they just undermine,net result 88 in the world and possibly higher. It depends what they do against Mexico.
There is us smarter guys that look and laugh at fullish talk. When the guy tells me that there is no Canadian kids who can play in MLS all do is rub my testies and smile.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard a bit of a rumour that the Caps might be trying to bring in Fraser Aird for the RB slot... I like this.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fraiser Aird was a forward before. Ranges coach turned him in to D due to quickness and man on man cover. If he was to come here I would be more than happy to see him as RD. I am soard of upset that does not want to play for Canada.
Yes Regs that type of players are needed here. With pace of Seattle and Portland we need much faster D. Guy like him could sweep with no problem.
Edmonton has a midfielder/D with high pace and very good ball tracking and zone and man on man cover.
There was a Bosnian kid in the Draft I am not sure if he got drafted. He is six foot four D. Very talented young man.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs kids name is Amer Didic. 6'4"' D. Knows the game USL will scoop him fast. Robbo could get the guy.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well he's pooched himself now if that's the case... he was just capped by Canada this past October!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs how about Michael Nonni as right D. At only twenty six guy has five more very productive years. Fish never smells from the tail does it?
Country is built on many nation principle. How better way to make the people happy. Same goes for our East Indian population. Caps coaching staff just over looks local kids and get guys fro US or down south, sad to see. We all love MLS but at what cost. I am going to stop at this because there is no use. reserve players get the shaft how do you think any other guy will get a chance.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am one of those guys that wishes there were a true domestic ratio, as in one that requires at least one domestic in the 11. As Canadian one may argue that we're at a disadvantage to US MLS teams, but I don't care. It would force the issue forward for domestic development.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Dude I second it. In my opinion we develop kids for American National program our kids get shafted. Yet you get top guns talk how they develop kids. If I ran development program I would have four kids each year make it over seas plus a guy for Caps. I know Robbo needs developed player,he is not here to baby sit but at the same time guy like Nonni is a good as half of the players here. It must be more about our players. Good thin we have Oclahoma City coach maybe he will take two young men and help them local coach I used to coach him.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion you are smarter than that. Fresh food tons of hot air just like our top guns.They need bit more skidder coco. 88 is a nice number but not where we should be it's funny how it works. Caps cut four local guys and only add three. Div two MLS must be very high level of soccer. NOT. Maybe PCSL is a better place for development. Most of our National side came from PCSL when we were in top forty countries in the world. We have to find a shyty country and play them six friendlies we would drop to 55 in the world. At least Caps are trying to develop. Upper level just chops and runs the guys out of it. It will be fun to see how the Caps do against TFC. Even more fun watching Canada vs Mexico. We need old Englishman back to win that game. I wish we beat them Mexico boys once at least. Lion Vick was chobby but he could rocket the ball. Now days that is last tool, pass pass pass and pas till we all go nuts and than pass more, in my opinion string beans with middle ear booboo. No joke Caps have picked up two three good players in this year draft. I hope to see Sylvester in Oclahoma City Rayo side along side of two other Caps cuts. One thing about Alen he loves good Canadian players..

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has the Caps looking into signing Blas Perez from Dallas, also rumored at Fraser Aird on loan from Rangers.

Last edited:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
mls.com, unless its already been posted in here, and I just didn't pay attention. Its happened before. If that's the case just let me know where, so I can use my tools and erase that post. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0