Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice of Giles Barnes to show up. Wish Ousted had words with Morales months ago. On to next year.

I moved, and haven't been to a game in the 2nd half of the season, but I agree with sentiment that the crowd is dying...
Wonder what impact this is having on corporate sponsorship. Is our jersey deal still the best in North America? I remember Paul Barber seemed to generate an incredible amount of sponsorship interest and $$ But since I haven't seen any significant companies getting on board. In fact, I distinctly noticed throughout the years that much of the advertising has switched from heavy hitters like Home Depot, to local accounting/lawyer services... Can't be bringing in the same dollars, and then this impacts game day give aways and programs etc. I always thought the pre game activities were a bit of a joke, and never strayed far from the pint before the matches started. But I think the Whitecaps front office/marketing/production teams have really benefited from the initial buzz, a couple good seasons, and some fortunate results - thought the group of players last year were fun to watch, hear about and follow (Manneh and Kah? the SA players singing on the bus etc.) , this year not so much. We have another season like this, and as people have said, we'll lose a ton of interest, and this management group will struggle to bring it back.

Has anyone liked the marketing campaigns?? "Our all. Our honour" zzzz

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello STD,
I was there. I really had a good night: enjoyed the two beers, the burger, and the game. They are playing way better than the last time I was there. I might even buy season tickets for the upcoming seasons, as I found quite a few friends. Thanks you very much.

The only thing that still bothers me a bit is that we do not have more Canadians in the team. You know, like Guadalajara. If the bulk of the Canadian National team would be concentrated in one of the teams (i.e. Whitecaps, Toronto or Montreal) or at least sections (defenders, midfielders), then things would be better for the National Program.
Best regards

Are you for real? Did you just state that having our domestic pros all playing together domestically on the domestic pro teams would be a benefit to the National Program?

Bangs head against desk.

Fellas, completely missed the shout-out, not ignoring. Looks like it was a fun game to attend, I was tied up w/ coaching stuff.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep Hurtado. Guy is still young and his work rate and pace is unmatched. He can also hold up a ball and wins many of the 50/50's as he seems much stronger then most.
He made me a fan this last few months. Yes he missed tons of chances. But he is getting tons of chances.
Not like we have had anything better.
Riveiro also missed tons of chances.

The problem was with our captain trotting around not really doing much and not having a true spot on the park. How he still played last game was nuts.

I really liked the line up we went with. Replace morales with a true holder/box to box player and have Manneh back next season and it's already an improvement.

Aird did great against Mattocks. Shut him down matching him for pace pretty much.

If Barnes can get going if we keep him he would be a decent player. But we need to change 3-4 pieces to get to the next level.

Morales out for sure though. Spend that money on a striker with finish and give us some more depth by having Hurtado come off the bench to press teams and cause some trouble for a fired back line.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado is going to be 26 in a few weeks meaning he pretty much is who he is. He has surprised me with how much he improved since coming back from Norway but part of it is only because I thought he was absolute shite in the first place. If he is anything more than a depth player you put out from time to time you are not a top team, even in a cap league.

What the hell was Waston thinking punching Adi like that. Sure Adi made a meal of it and should have been carded for the way he acted but Waston should have been red carded. He needs to be better or replaced.

Agree Morales needs to go. We need a player that can control the middle of the park every game, not just when he feels up to it and of course a player that can finish. Luckily those players are easy to find:(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure how I feel about this.

Robo has created a country club atmosphere, and is strategically inept.

I do like the idea of having a guy long term at the helm, for overall club stability reasons, not sure if its this guy.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robbo and Asst. Coaches signed for 4 more years
Rewarding Robbo and his assistants for not making the playoffs. Inept management. If Trump was in charge then they would be fired and the team would have female cheerleaders to entertain the fans during the games and to entertain management between games.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like it. Some guys turned out to be bad apples or no heart guys.
First year we were all loving morales. Let's be honest. He fell off hard. Is that on the coach?
Manneh's long term injury.
Riveiro asking to leave.
These 3 are argueably your top 3 offensive players and key core starters.
Take the top 3 from any team and players away on international duty every other month and that's a tough roll of the dice.

I think robo knows how to build a winner and I really can't put the performance of morales, manneh getting hurt and Riv getting Latino home sick.
Also that other signing that went south...
some terrible luck this season. Even when they tried to fix it.

Keep the guys that gave their all and battled and go out and get 2 high end designated players. Replace the money you had on RIv and morales with some solid pieces and I think we will be fine.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not being dangerous at all on offence puts a ton of pressure on our defence. Didn't like the mid season additions. Would have kept Robinson, but 4 years is a long deal to sign after this season

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah, for me he failed in too many key areas. He has no discipline in his squad, that's on him. Waston...how this guy keeps seeing the pitch is amazing to me, especially when you have pieces you can plug in there. Parker and Edgar, given just a bit of time, will be a good pairing.

Tetchera showing up unfit...yeah, on the player, but also the manager. He sets the tone.

Failure to use Mezquida more often when, clearly, his metrics show that, when in the 11, playing #10, the team has a HIGH rate of success.

Yeah, you are right, can't blame a lot on him, but you can blame a lot on him.

Must be a coaching fraternity thing.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Failure to use Mezquida more often when, clearly, his metrics show that, when in the 11, playing #10, the team has a HIGH rate of success.

I'd like to fact check this, because the general consensus I heard was that as a starter he has been ineffective, while as a sub he has been impactful. Please share the metrics that show Mezquida in the Starting XI lead to better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0