Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you guys see the latest Robert Earnshaw is the latetest addition to Caps youth coaching staff. I love it give job to forrner. No disripect to Robert I just can not see how he will help development of Canadian kids with out Pro Canadian league. The hole trouble is forming resedancy and thinking that the kids they produce are any better than any other acadamy. In my opinion it is a slam-shut program for any other Canadian player to make it to the top. Good thing no one wants their product after the get chopped by the club. To me this class system is racist not in colour but in the way of door slam to Canadian players.
I would love to coach against guys like Rob to show him how Canadian player can kick ars.
What's next? We will never go anywhere with system we have here.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We could be in some trouble when a lot of our players are off on international duties. Not sure what games conflict but we are going to lose an a lot of first team defenders and their backups, Waston, Parker, Adekube, Smith, and Aird, at the same time. Hopefully we don't add injuries and suspensions at the same time or we might have some tough stretches. Having said that I am starting to like the makeup of or top 16 or so players.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm thinking Mattocks is not one of those excited players. Rivero, likely is. Sounds to me like the 4-4-2 is in play.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude you know they will move Mattocks if the two guys they added show well. Mattacks can play ball I am not sure if Vancouver is love of his hart.
Worm places in Us is more of a place for him. Hurtado can fill in well off the bench I would keep him. With addition of Aird D looks much stronger midfield is good enough. Up top remains to be seen. Keeping we have is OK at best. That is one area I would improve slowly. Kid by the name Drmic in Boise state has what it takes.
Robo might give local guy a chance. In my opinion not a good idea in that position. MLS keeer should be six foot five or bigger. We must have presence in the box on high ball. Shorter keepers just can not do it. Teams like Seattle and Portland will give us run for the money. Over all team is much better this year. Young man that played for Oklahoma City will be called up at some point of the season. He can score and he does play with higher pace.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps releasing the new "Sea to Sky" jersey which will replace the old blue kit. What do you guys think? It kind of looks like the team USA kits to me. Not sure what I think until I see it in person.
russejersey.png

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to tell if I'll like it or not as that is a major photoshop job if I ever saw one. And if it isn't, the fit of the jersey could not be any worse if they tried!

Will there be a long-sleeve version?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I like to see is that young man with a normal hair cut. Jersey looks like hell. To me it looks cheep. We can do better than that,they need a light house and a boat on that jersey. Goodness no Vienna shopping there. It will look good on Hurtado the guys is cut up.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think I'm a fan seeing a video of the new jersey - way more 'bland' than the image @cascadesoccer posted above...

Sea to Sky: Behind-the-scenes Video by Regs posted Today at 7:14 AM

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indifferent, but maybe a long sleeve?

Not sure the color blend is good for us older guys. Should be blue on top and white below to help give us a more slimming look. Bastards.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like it Club is adding more scoring power. Newest guy will give the team spark twenty to thirty minutes left in the game. Some one will go.
Might that be flashy Mattacks or some body ells.
Robbo is ?? many things. Good to see it could be his behind at the end of the year if club slips.
I wish it was Ibrahimovic instead coming here. Maybe we will see one of those better players here some day.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love Perez. Smart big player. Very smooth on the ball and is danger in the box. Great pick up. Some good depth in case a key striker goes down and we need someone to hold up the ball a bit. Riv is the only one I think that has that strength in his game. When and if you roll with one central striker, they NEED to hold up the ball and get the team up the field.

Hated watching the run and gun shite with mattocks up there. Never worked.

Lots of options going forward this season.
No excuses as he has different looks and options now and can get creative with the line up up too.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Lion bit better with his addition. That's one guy who can score in less the ten minutes of the play. People will start buying tickets now.
I think we will be able to play both Portland ans Seattle with out much problem. If he stays injury free team can do well.
The most important thing that Perez brings is teaching younger players how to be true pro.
Good move by the club. Robbo is learning that good old English kick and run does not work in MLS. I am dam sure we will do better than Canucks. Come play-offs Ducks will kick the Dickens out of them. Dosett will not know how to spell his name if they do make it.
Cheery cheery bag bag Trace has the decoder who cares if it's under size. Old trailer must have been tight. Shoot what fun. What the heck will Delrymple do now with all those kids in residency.
Oklahoma city here they go. Big Rodrz is the latest addition to Oklahoma City Rayo. Mattacks could be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0