Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a pr-season game they are all rusty. Few more practices and games guys will put it together. Caps have bit more pace to their game this year. First keeper I am fine with, second keeper not so much MLS is not PCSL or VMS.
Fernandes would have been better bet, Oklahoma city got him young man as a third string.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, time to cancel my season tickets - RT over Koffie? :mad:

From the sounds of things out of Tucson it may be a case of Flores over Koffie (and RT)

Personally, I don't rate Flores at all from the times I saw him on the pitch last season, but maybe he's taken some leaps forward in the offseason...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, time to cancel my season tickets - RT over Koffie? :mad:

I can't see them making a move on Koffie unless they were either supremely confident they have someone better than RT to fill that role, or they are going with a lone holding mid. Personally, I like the idea of one holding mid, and plugging in the appropriate piece w/ the idea of that player going box-to-box. Bolanos or Bustos. I also assume Flores has taken a big leap forward...he is young and I can see this happening. So, at that point, it becomes a salary cap game...if Flores is considered "close enough" to Koffie, in terms of ability / performance, and maybe adds something else (pace), then why not bring him along? My man-crush on Koffie is substantially less than Regs' man crush. I can say goodbye to Koffie, so long as I see a player like Bustos get a good look as 1st option behind either Bolanos or Morales, and Bolanos used as a primary piece in the middle.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, I'd be surprised to see RT in WCFC colors beyond March. He just doesn't seem like he's in their plans.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see them making a move on Koffie unless they were either supremely confident they have someone better than RT to fill that role, or they are going with a lone holding mid.
Or (unsettlingly and unlikely as it may seem) if Koffie really wants out?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why wouldn't he want out? The club appears to be going in a different direction, so self-preservation of one's career rules.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong move by the caps. Giving up on Koffie will hurt them in a long run. I did see Koffie wanted out even last year. Robbo head very little respect for Koffie. I wish him nothing but good luck. Looking forward to see him in Canadian National side. Cheers Koffie Thanks for all your hard work.
Holifax Bay is a nice place to live. We will be all out to watch you play for Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0