Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 World Cup of Hockey

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kessler saved this tourney by being Kessler - a total douche.

:)

Would like to see a Canada vs Team NA semifinal and a Canada vs Russia final.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This tournament is growing on me but I have to say, I've enjoyed watching the FIFA Futsal World Cup more.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Matthews with the big snub of McDavid after scoring... such a typical yank... hate him already :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the North America team is mixed but 23 and younger. What's the European teams makeup? Guys who got snubbed by their countries?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Guys from european countries not named Russia, Sweden, Finland, or Czech Republic.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still haven't bothered to watch a game.

Would any other sports association in the world set-up a team combined of more than one nation? It's dumb, and devalues what should be a World Cup. You'd never see FIFA do this.

About the only time I can remember in recent memory was at the Olympics: the United Team after the collapse of the Soviet Union, and recent Refugee team. Both obviously extreme circumstances.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still haven't bothered to watch a game.

Would any other sports association in the world set-up a team combined of more than one nation? It's dumb, and devalues what should be a World Cup. You'd never see FIFA do this.

About the only time I can remember in recent memory was at the Olympics: the United Team after the collapse of the Soviet Union, and recent Refugee team. Both obviously extreme circumstances.

Why so Grumpy? Kesler still a douche regardless of the format.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hockey has been top notch. Rather watch this then the 82 game regular season games.

Matthews has been outstanding but he is no Crosby, that guy is in a league of his own!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What can I say, I've been busy. The last time there was a WC, I was laying in a hospital waiting to have surgery on a broken leg. Saw every game, was heartbroken when Brett Hull scored on us.

That's about right, isn't it? 1996 ish? Or was there another since then? For some reason I seem to remember there was a WC sometime after 2002?

Honestly, the truth is I have been too swamped to even sit down and watch. Good hockey is good hockey, and I can get behind that.

Bigger issue though...starting to sound more and more like the NHL will be pulling out of the next Olympics, dispute over travel costs and insurance for players.

I can't see the Union allowing this to happen, and could see a situation when the Union gets involved to help negotiate a settlement whereby they pick up some of the costs. Seems to me, in the end, it's in the best interest of the NHL to either stick w/ the Olympics long term, or ditch it altogether and come up w/ a true World Cup, one held in the Winter, like the Olympics, that involves the top 12 or 16 countries. Somehow partner w/ the IHHF to bring some legitimacy to it. The owners would all then profit.

That being said, I still think the players would prefer the Olympics, and all that comes w/ that experience. Not to mention all the hot birds they slay while over there. Not your average puck bunny when you are banging Lindsay Vonn.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0