Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017-18 Masters A Cup draw/results/banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside dismissed Shaheen 4-1. So it looks like Westside, Columbus, PCOV and EDC are in the semis, and are vying for three remaining BCs spots.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside dismissed Shaheen 4-1. So it looks like Westside, Columbus, PCOV and EDC are in the semis, and are vying for three remaining BCs spots.
Not necessarily.....we still have to get past Croatia Stallions in the quarters.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as I understand West Van, Coquitlam and Westside have already qualified for Provincials.

If Westside make the cup final, the other finalist along with the fourth placed team will qualify. At the moment Columbus sit fourth but could be caught by Chile if they win their games in hand. That would mean a playoff between Chile and Columbus for the final spot, unless it is Columbus in the final against Westside. In that case Columbus would qualify automatically along with the fifth placed team which is currently Croatia, though again they could be caught by Chile or end up in a playoff.

If Westside doesn't make the final we have the much simpler scenario of the two finalists qualifying; easy-peasy.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight at Trillium its the semi finals of this Cup. Analysis:

EDC vs Westside. EDC are on a high after knocking off the defending BC and Western Canada Champs last round. EDC are fairly talented going forward, and love the warm weather where they can show their latin flair and perspire. Westside, on the other hand are a veteran and decorated team who now are a bit long in the tooth (those that have them). EDC will come out like they just scaled a wall and are running from the feds, and will almost overrun run all over a stretched Westside defence. Almost. Besty will then get upset with all the diving and get a yellow for dissent. Wicks will hold the defending champs of this cup in it the first half. Westside, just before half, will go up one as big Simon will physically over power the undersized EDC back line, towering over the talkative garlicy and dwarfed goalkeeper and burying just before the half. EDC will swarm the ref, and the Zapatas on the sideline will charge the field, claiming a foul on the prone little keeper. This will change things and EDC will escalate remonstrating at the official; their complaining will net them several cards. Westside will go up 2-0 at about the 65 minute mark on a free kick. EDC will actually get one back on a giveaway ten minutes from time, and EDC will run in the net to get the ball and push Wicks. This will get their #10 a second yellow and he will be sent off. putting EDS down to 10. Westside will get one more on a counter minutes from time. Final score Westside 3 EDC 1.

PCOV vs Columbus. PCOV will similarly come out strong and puffed up after their upset of the league champs in the last round. They will get one early on a header, but Columbus will quickly one back to tie it. PCOV will get a second on a set piece 5 minutes before the half, and will be up 2-1 at the break. Columbus will come out flying and display their talent on attack and will get two in the first 15 minute of the second stanza to go up 3-2. PCOV will get another with about 15 to go on another header off a set piece. Columbus will get a winner on a PCOV minutes before time on a PCOV giveaway. Final score Columbus 4 PCOV 3.

La Wara

Dec 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight at Trillium its the semi finals of this Cup. Analysis:

EDC vs Westside. EDC are on a high after knocking off the defending BC and Western Canada Champs last round. EDC are fairly talented going forward, and love the warm weather where they can show their latin flair and perspire. Westside, on the other hand are a veteran and decorated team who now are a bit long in the tooth (those that have them). EDC will come out like they just scaled a wall and are running from the feds, and will almost overrun run all over a stretched Westside defence. Almost. Besty will then get upset with all the diving and get a yellow for dissent. Wicks will hold the defending champs of this cup in it the first half. Westside, just before half, will go up one as big Simon will physically over power the undersized EDC back line, towering over the talkative garlicy and dwarfed goalkeeper and burying just before the half. EDC will swarm the ref, and the Zapatas on the sideline will charge the field, claiming a foul on the prone little keeper. This will change things and EDC will escalate remonstrating at the official; their complaining will net them several cards. Westside will go up 2-0 at about the 65 minute mark on a free kick. EDC will actually get one back on a giveaway ten minutes from time, and EDC will run in the net to get the ball and push Wicks. This will get their #10 a second yellow and he will be sent off. putting EDS down to 10. Westside will get one more on a counter minutes from time. Final score Westside 3 EDC 1.

PCOV vs Columbus. PCOV will similarly come out strong and puffed up after their upset of the league champs in the last round. They will get one early on a header, but Columbus will quickly one back to tie it. PCOV will get a second on a set piece 5 minutes before the half, and will be up 2-1 at the break. Columbus will come out flying and display their talent on attack and will get two in the first 15 minute of the second stanza to go up 3-2. PCOV will get another with about 15 to go on another header off a set piece. Columbus will get a winner on a PCOV minutes before time on a PCOV giveaway. Final score Columbus 4 PCOV 3.

Sir M you are quite the comedian and typical kick and run enthusiast. All year EDC has been hated on but the team has kept together and proved them all wrong. Why can't teams just accept that a better team just beat them? Don't get mad that little guys beat on the big , towering, decorated veterans.

Funny how EDC small defence won 80% of ball in the air and the little goal keeper was not beaten hahaha love reading your Analysis.

The only guy I saw swarming the ref was some bald guy in the middle from the West side team who I think was speaking English... he sounded like a mad leprechaun.
Happy St. Patricks Day!!!

DWh2PVuW4AA68Td.jpg

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The only guy I saw swarming the ref was some bald guy in the middle from the West side team who I think was speaking English... he sounded like a mad leprechaun.

Now I wonder who that was...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the other semi is scheduled for 830 at night on Tuesday April 3 at Point Grey turf. This should attract a lot of spectators.

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

View attachment 21078

Probably it had something to do with the red card that wasn't shown after a horrific play by the center back.

Other than that the game was pretty even I thought. First goal won.

Congrats to Chile.

But the ref had a moment of weakness. What exactly is the definition of dangerous play anyway?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M you are quite the comedian and typical kick and run enthusiast. All year EDC has been hated on but the team has kept together and proved them all wrong. Why can't teams just accept that a better team just beat them? Don't get mad that little guys beat on the big , towering, decorated veterans.

Funny how EDC small defence won 80% of ball in the air and the little goal keeper was not beaten hahaha love reading your Analysis.

View attachment 21078

Fcukmedead, that’s rich. Seriously. You’re having a go at MY English? Give me strength.

Congrats to Chile. Not entirely sure you deserved it but got the goal that was the difference. Good luck in the final.....keep in mind you’ve won nothing yet and all your chest pounding may come back to bite you.

For the record, the only time I had a word with the ref was after our centre forward was opened up by a reckless challenge. The amount of whining some of your players do would give Tylenol a headache.....hopefully we will see you again in Provincials.....you do know that all your players have to be 35, right?

Good luck the rest of the way.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like West Van (seeded), Metro Ford, Westside and Chile are in the BCs...is it the winner of tonight's PCOV-Columbus game that gets the final spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts