Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm saying at home they should play on turf over grass?? Was that not obvious? I know they have lost home games. That's the point. On grass fast teams become slower. Thanks for keeping up if I didn't make it that clear. again for the record, if your a fast team play on a fast surface,on the same iq scale 1+1 is 2. Field #3 at surrey is money.

My bad I misread what you was saying. I thought you were saying that when they play of grass it's an advantage for them.
As you were

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coastal issues definitely start with the coaching. I could see a change if they lose this week. My mole in the Coastal room is telling me Ron is set to return.

Dude's network into various rooms in the valley is mighty impressive for a has been who never really was and now living out of town.

Wait till you hear about what your locker room is saying about you. Juicy stuff.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see this happening, at least not mid-season. Last I knew, Ron's got a solid enough Div. 1 team at Temple and I doubt he's going to drop that and abandon the players that stayed loyal to him and followed him there to come running back to a club that has twice told him to f*ck off...

Did the hook hurt when it went through your cheek?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and looks like a humping by Coastal over Aldergrove. All that proves is that Aldy is in some trouble.

I hear injury issues, and yeah I get the vibe definitely a hangover is hanging around the squad. @lfc4: FYI, there is an old soup can here, one in the Aldy change room, and a really long string. Maybe if you'd dig into your pockets and come up with a dime to buy a soup can, you can be in on the Whistler FVSL Hotline, too. Come on, you know you want to.

Oct 31, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 3 Surrey 0

Danny Davidson is unstoppable
True... He isn’t bad..

But heard he’s been at multiple training sessions with other teams (yes, multiple). Lot’s of different rumors out there... not sure which one is true but I keep hearing about a lot of coaching errors and arguments... I guess it’s not a problem when you’re winning though.

Nov 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the rumours are true then that Dan is whoring himself out all over the place. I guess theres trouble in paradise.
Also heard Mills has parted ways with surrey and is back with Pomo. Is he trying to poach players like the “unstoppable” dan davidson to prove his worth to the gunners? I guess we’ll have to wait and see how this all plays out in another episode of musical coaches.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the rumours are true then that Dan is whoring himself out all over the place. I guess theres trouble in paradise.
Also heard Mills has parted ways with surrey and is back with Pomo. Is he trying to poach players like the “unstoppable” dan davidson to prove his worth to the gunners? I guess we’ll have to wait and see how this all plays out in another episode of musical coaches.

You have to be kidding me?

Let me get this straight...
  • Leaves Pomo Rangers, goes to Surrey, taking core Pomo Rangers with him.
  • Does this knowing there is a fairly good squad at Westcoast that needs some managerial direction and players to pull. I can only assume he knew about this, but for some reason I don't know there was no deal to be consummated there. Now counting two teams folded.
  • Leaves Surrey, now back in Pomo organization w/ the Gunners?
Seriously, WTF, and he's the league Admin, to boot? Jesus. I know he does a lot of work for the league on the admin level (like seriously, a lot, no piss-take), and would be very difficult to replace as admin, but if any of this is remotely accurate, you can't have this guys doing both Admin duties and trying to be part of a program. This is crazy.

In terms of results....good to see Surrey United back on top of the table and seemingly cruising to a Provincial Birth. Although no seemingly in danger of relegation, Aldergrove is in danger of missing the big dance only one year after getting there. Spoke to a different ASS, and indeed, injuries and lack of quality players to draw from are hurting them. I'm sure by now frustration has set in. @lfc4, yes, I have a different tin can / string connection arrangement. Whistler hotline is ringing off the soup-can-hook. The key is really, really long string, you see. At least w/ 6 teams getting spots, there remains hope they can snag something. Crazy as that sounds.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

• Does this knowing there is a fairly good squad at Westcoast that needs some managerial direction and players to pull. I can only assume he knew about this, but for some reason I don't know there was no deal to be consummated there. Now counting two teams folded.
Seriously, WTF, and he's the league Admin, to boot? Jesus. I know he does a lot of work for the league on the admin level (like seriously, a lot, no piss-take), and would be very difficult to replace as admin, but if any of this is remotely accurate, you can't have this guys doing both Admin duties and trying to be part of a program. This is crazy.

In terms of results....good to see Surrey United back on top of the table and seemingly cruising to a Provincial Birth. Although no seemingly in danger of relegation, Aldergrove is in danger of missing the big dance only one year after getting there. Spoke to a different ASS, and indeed, injuries and lack of quality players to draw from are hurting them. I'm sure by now frustration has set in. @lfc4, yes, I have a different tin can / string connection arrangement. Whistler hotline is ringing off the soup-can-hook. The key is really, really long string, you see. At least w/ 6 teams getting spots, there remains hope they can snag something. Crazy as that sounds.

Westcoast was done, there wasn't anyway he was going to save it. There was roughly only 5 or 6 guys left that were actually willing to stick around. Maybe there was a fall out between him and Surrey, and things didn't work out as both parties probably had planned.

Also why can't he be admin and have something to do with an organization? He's been doing it for years with no problems I can think of.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough on the WC issue. Seemed odd to me at the time that a coach, who is also the admin, would fold one team, move all the players to another team, all the while a second team was folding. Seems decisions made as coach went against the best interest of the league. One team folding, leaving 6 players looking for a new home, then another team folding, where it appears those 6 players could have found a home.

But hey, I suppose optics can go more than one way, and the move did benefit Surrey, so whatever.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

I hear Ron is going back to Coastal as well ;)

At least w/ 6 teams getting spots, there remains hope they can snag something. Crazy as that sounds.

5 spots last time I checked. I know, crazy that ONLY 5 of the 8 teams will qualify for Provincials...

The bigger question I have surrounds relegation. Is the league going to stick with an 8 team top flight or are they looking to go back to 10 teams? If it is aiming to expand, will anyone get relegated? Still early days I suppose, but the current Div. 1 table has several teams that would be eligible to come up, most with decent storylines/subplots as well:

North Delta currently top the table and if they were to come up where does that leave this entity of Coastal? With many players having ND connections, would they all jump at the chance to return to their roots? This North Delta team was essentially their "B" team for years in the FVSL, so you know there are good relationships there among the players. After all this upheaval, could Coastal find itself ultimately without a Premier team after all?

Speaking of Coastal, former coach Ron Stevenson and his Temple Utd. Pegasus are in the mix for promotion on 15 pts. Perhaps not surprising given that they are comprised of guys that played Premier last season, even if they were near the bottom of the league. Wouldn't they love to return to the top flight and even better if they arrive to find Coastal in complete disarray because of a mutiny/defection to North Delta.

After folding their Premier program, Westcoast's Div. 1s are in the promotion mix, presumably on the backs of the handful of core players leftover from Premier. No doubt the program would be keen to see a return to the top flight, though, arguably, one assumes they could have been in Premier all along had they not folded their spot and just put this group in it from the beginning. That being said there is something about earning your spot and growing as a team that is rewarding and can set you up for long term stability.

The final team currently at the top of Div. 1 is Langley FC. In addition to the obvious local derby that would set up between them and Langley Utd., I am going to guess there is some sort of political bad blood between the two Langley entities which has created the need for two separate clubs? So that would obviously add some spice to thing one as well. Worth noting that Langley Utd. B is also among the top teams in Div. 1, but cannot be promoted for obvious reasons.

Of course there is a big gap between Div. 1 and Prem, just ask Burnaby Firefighters, but perhaps if the division expanded to 10 there would be good parity among the bottom teams fighting to escape the relegation battle and you never know who might knick points off the big guns. Either way, it can only help the prestige of the league, especially if there were a true relegation threat with two or three good teams in Division 1 eligible to come up.

Jack13

Nov 17, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
True... He isn’t bad..

But heard he’s been at multiple training sessions with other teams (yes, multiple). Lot’s of different rumors out there... not sure which one is true but I keep hearing about a lot of coaching errors and arguments... I guess it’s not a problem when you’re winning though.

Dan can train and play with whoever he wishes. He’s a solid guy and a massive part of our club. He’s there ever Tuesday/Thursday and as long as he’s scoring 2-3 goals a game and making back lines look like they are standing still....I could give a sh*t about the rumours and who he plays with outside of hours....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear Ron is going back to Coastal as well ;)

5 spots last time I checked. I know, crazy that ONLY 5 of the 8 teams will qualify for Provincials...

The bigger question I have surrounds relegation. Is the league going to stick with an 8 team top flight or are they looking to go back to 10 teams? If it is aiming to expand, will anyone get relegated? Still early days I suppose, but the current Div. 1 table has several teams that would be eligible to come up, most with decent storylines/subplots as well:

North Delta currently top the table and if they were to come up where does that leave this entity of Coastal? With many players having ND connections, would they all jump at the chance to return to their roots? This North Delta team was essentially their "B" team for years in the FVSL, so you know there are good relationships there among the players. After all this upheaval, could Coastal find itself ultimately without a Premier team after all?

Speaking of Coastal, former coach Ron Stevenson and his Temple Utd. Pegasus are in the mix for promotion on 15 pts. Perhaps not surprising given that they are comprised of guys that played Premier last season, even if they were near the bottom of the league. Wouldn't they love to return to the top flight and even better if they arrive to find Coastal in complete disarray because of a mutiny/defection to North Delta.

After folding their Premier program, Westcoast's Div. 1s are in the promotion mix, presumably on the backs of the handful of core players leftover from Premier. No doubt the program would be keen to see a return to the top flight, though, arguably, one assumes they could have been in Premier all along had they not folded their spot and just put this group in it from the beginning. That being said there is something about earning your spot and growing as a team that is rewarding and can set you up for long term stability.

The final team currently at the top of Div. 1 is Langley FC. In addition to the obvious local derby that would set up between them and Langley Utd., I am going to guess there is some sort of political bad blood between the two Langley entities which has created the need for two separate clubs? So that would obviously add some spice to thing one as well. Worth noting that Langley Utd. B is also among the top teams in Div. 1, but cannot be promoted for obvious reasons.

Of course there is a big gap between Div. 1 and Prem, just ask Burnaby Firefighters, but perhaps if the division expanded to 10 there would be good parity among the bottom teams fighting to escape the relegation battle and you never know who might knick points off the big guns. Either way, it can only help the prestige of the league, especially if there were a true relegation threat with two or three good teams in Division 1 eligible to come up.

5. I'm calling the 6 a typo. I was thinking 5, anyways. Point the same: Aldy in trouble.

Some interesting races for promotion, for sure.

-Delta: I don't see your scenario panning out. The Premier guys won't move, not en mass. I don't think any of those guys even bother posting on that, it is just absurd. Likewise, those div. 1 guys simply weren't in the mix to be regulars on the Premier side, otherwise I'm sure Lion could have negotiated them moving clubs as well. Rather, I see if they earn promotion, they'll play Coastal w/ a surfboard sized chip on their shoulders, and that may become a really good new rivalry. Assuming they can compete, that is.

-Langley: any bad feeling may extend and end with the executive, and even at that, I can't see it filtering down to the players. That being said, a local derby like that would be magic, and my feeling is that it will develop organically, just out of local bragging rights. Crazy, as much as @lfc4 fails to get any respect for his bad hair, or donkey's touch, he's been front and center since ~2002-2003 (as a figurehead) at LUFC, who are arguably a powerhouse and fixture in Premier, even with two or three rebuilds of that squad. Every year now, you can rubber stamp them getting to the Provincials. When we first made it in 2004, it was a big deal. Off to a tough start this year, but I bet top 3 in the end. Well done, Mike. You still have terrible hair.

Who knows what the league will do, so far as relegation is concerned. Maybe some sort of a playoff? I.e.: two automatically go up, and 3rd plays against Burnaby (assuming they finish last) for the last spot so as to make the division 10 again. Also, I wouldn't rule out some sort of merger w/ another VMSL club.

Abby United

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 6 Aldy 3

What a shite show over in Aldy right now. Completely disorganized with no tactics going forward. Just lump the ball to the striker and hope he can beat everyone. They scored 2 goals with the score 5 -1 and 6-2 other wise pretty straight forward game.
Maybe a transfer in the works as well as a player was talking to our coaches about it after the game...?

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Abby go fack yourself. You are the smallest midget on the park (hiding in the dug out) but love to yap when you're winning.
That shite show tonight could have been 6-6. Awful display of footy tonight by both teams. The reffing tonight was also questionable. We are now paying $90 a game for refs when clearly the better ref is on the sidelines flagging?? League go fack yourselves. Raise the standard across the board. Tired of this Shyte.

Our striker alone is better than any of your piss poor players. Very much looking forward to the next game against you ass riding bandits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0