Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack13

Nov 17, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Abby go fack yourself. You are the smallest midget on the park (hiding in the dug out) but love to yap when you're winning.
That shite show tonight could have been 6-6. Awful display of footy tonight by both teams. The reffing tonight was also questionable. We are now paying $90 a game for refs when clearly the better ref is on the sidelines flagging?? League go fack yourselves. Raise the standard across the board. Tired of this Shyte.

Our striker alone is better than any of your piss poor players. Very much looking forward to the next game against you ass riding bandits.

^^Mix in a water mate

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’d prefer somebody drop off a bottle of Wild Turkey at Utah’s house and then we can pull up a chair and some popcorn.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
More misery for Aldergrove as they lose again this week and are now fully 7 pts back and out of touch with the top five in the Provincial Cup places. Looks very likely that they will need to win a Cup competition at this point if they want a chance to defend their Provincial final appearance. Coastal seem to be right at home back in the FVSL, if they win their make up game over lowly Chilliwack on Tuesday they will sit top of the table after knocking off title rivals Surrey Utd. 1-0 back at the end of November.

Any idea on when the aforementioned cups begin competition? Are they still doing the "Soccer City" Cup with only 8 teams? Seems like there would be time in the schedule...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who are you asking? Getting information on the FVSL is like looking into a black hole for light. No information here, or anywhere for that matter.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes the soccercity cup games will start in the new year. The league should have 16 of the 21 game season wrapped up by the break. Thank god we are not getting weather like last year.

I believe the div1 teams have been invited to enter the soccer city cup as well.

Coastal has 5-6 starters that were not around the first half of last year. So it's a much better/healthier team. Literally half the starting line up is different then what ND had last season.
2 new signings that came through Coastal side of things that have helped tons, and 3-4 guys that were hurt or at college for the first half of last year.

The top 3-4 teams are getting stronger with their UNI signings. Langley and Surrey will be very very strong teams down the stretch.

Overall the league has gotten a lot stronger from a few years back. Burnaby Firefighters have many strong players but seem to be lacking a coach/system to put it all together. And perhaps Aldergrove having a tough season with everyone focusing in on shutting down their attacking players. Connor still a hand full, but not tons of support when teams work to shut him down.

Langley' signings of Waterman and some others will make them a massive Provincial threat.

Canucks4ever, appreciate the effort in waking this thread up! Cheers to all your write ups!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But, he hasn't woken up the thread. He tried, and very few actually involved in the league gave a shite to actually post.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard Aldy will play the rest of the season without big Brett to lead the line.

Is that because he is making a return to the Rino's fold...?

In all seriousness though I hope it's not another knee injury for the guy, that would be devastating.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I care....

The table looks really tight @ 3 through 6. How many games, 21? Play everyone 3 times? http://fvsl.techsys.tv/webapps/spappz_live/div_stats?reg_year=2018&division=fumbprem&sched_type=reg

Last two matches Aldergrove has taken some pretty big points off Langley & Coastal. Coastal appears to be sitting pretty, but Langley is in danger of going on a bit of a slide here, though with some good results be right back into 3rd. I see Hildy and Wiens are also heating up in the golden boot race. Are they finding their feet, waking up from the hangover, getting some bodies back? 4th place is up for grabs right now. How do the Provincial spots get allocated? 1-4, plus the Pak Cup winner?

@utah , @lfc4 , @LION , what is going on right now?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top 5 more or less.
Pak and soccer City cup winner and league top 3 is what I understand.

Enjoying this little break. Weather has been perfectly timed.

Aldergrove played a very solid game when we lost to them a few weeks back. We have been a little thin and driving out to aldergrove and chilliwack on Friday and Tuesday, during finals for some students, was tough. Caught us a little thin and missing our all stars.

Some big games down the stretch as we push for a league title. The top 5-6 teams can beat anyone on any given weekend.

But it’s not like it used to Be. You can catch a team thin on any given weekend. Soccer isn’t a priority for most these days. Most of our top players have missed 3-5 games each of the 16 played. And not due to injury.
Work, school, get aways, family.

So any given weekend it changes. Managing it all is tough. We luckily have caught Langley thin last time out. And some teams have caught us thin.
Club depth is key.

Also, playing on frozen turf fields at 2 degrees at 9pm at night isn’t really ideal. We really play at the wrong time of year here in BC.
Balls skipping off turf. It’s barely soccer.
Who gets the lucky bounces can win

Enjoy the break everyone. Look forward to a good 2018.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
But it’s not like it used to Be. You can catch a team thin on any given weekend. Soccer isn’t a priority for most these days. Most of our top players have missed 3-5 games each of the 16 played. And not due to injury.
Work, school, get aways, family.

Truth. Madness for a manager/coach, no doubt. I always wonder about this. Back in my days at the top level I scheduled my life around football, it was my escape from everything. Studying, work, life in general; I always organized my schedule around soccer. You get to play footy with your mates for a couple hours a few times a week, who would want to do that? Obviously sometimes life gets in the way and it's entirely unavoidable, but still, I can never understand how this isn't a priority for guys... #KidsTheseDays

Also, playing on frozen turf fields at 2 degrees at 9pm at night isn’t really ideal. We really play at the wrong time of year here in BC.
Balls skipping off turf. It’s barely soccer.
Who gets the lucky bounces can win

Not sure about wrong time of year, again look at England and other similar (or worse) Northern European climates. The Spring/Summer/Fall method just seems unlikely to be able to work and keep the high level of competition we have. Squeezing in a league schedule of 20+ league games, a cup competition (or two...) and a Provincial Championship seems dodgy. There are roughly 28 weeks between the last weekend of March/first weekend of April and Thanksgiving when Nationals would be. I suppose you could play multiple games a week, but still it's awfully compressed. And if you think there is commitment issues now... Both the median and average age of the players in the top leagues has plummeted; most of these kids are in school and the ones that aren't want to take their holidays when the weather is nice just like the rest of us. You can say the rest of Canada does it in the summer and BC hasn't won Nationals in however many years, but I got out and saw a bunch of games at Nationals in Surrey this year and the level of competition was garbage. That tournament is a lottery, playing a ridiculously compressed schedule over six days with all sorts of intangibles and x-factor variables like the order of matches, momentum from game to game, injuries/fatigue and travel. Inter, or any other team from the upper echelons of Premier in BC, would beat most of those teams over a league style schedule where they can always field their best eleven.

I do agree about the time of day thing though. Adult soccer has to wait until the dead of night while f*cking frisbee or some BS U14 house league team plays from 2pm-6pm. I'll reserve my rant on the state and structure of youth soccer at the recreational level for another time and place, but suffice to say that, if you want to grow the game, why not put your role models in prime time and give the top leagues a chance to advertise their brand to the community.

Some big games down the stretch as we push for a league title.
Best of luck with that, there's no such thing as a bad trophy. Let's be honest though, your season will be defined by your performance against the VMSL teams you come up against in the Provincial Cup.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear diary,

Looks like a big weekend for the middle of the pack. Aldy has a chance to gain some ground with a big match vs. Burnaby, in Burnaby. I wonder if minim Utah with have PTSD visiting Burnaby Turf?

Langley is also away to Chilliwack, way less a rubber stamp of 3 points, as Chilli has the best home field advantage in the league. You never know exactly how its going to go when you travel out there. With PMO playing Surrey, and Abby playing Coastal, it's quite possible we'll see the middle of the pack within 3 points of each other, fighting for the final 3rd spot. Surrey and Coastal are in a dog fight for the top of the table, so I don't see either of them coming away with anything less than 3 points each this weekend.

Shhhhhhh.....

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dear diary,

Looks like a big weekend for the middle of the pack. Aldy has a chance to gain some ground with a big match vs. Burnaby, in Burnaby. I wonder if minim Utah with have PTSD visiting Burnaby Turf?

Langley is also away to Chilliwack, way less a rubber stamp of 3 points, as Chilli has the best home field advantage in the league. You never know exactly how its going to go when you travel out there. With PMO playing Surrey, and Abby playing Coastal, it's quite possible we'll see the middle of the pack within 3 points of each other, fighting for the final 3rd spot. Surrey and Coastal are in a dog fight for the top of the table, so I don't see either of them coming away with anything less than 3 points each this weekend.

Shhhhhhh.....

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hope the snow stays in chilliwack! Some big matches this weekend.

Chilliwacks home field advantage is massive. They get most of their points 8pm Friday nights.
How do you get out there for 7? If you work a mon-Friday job?

They should have to play Saturdays. In Surrey. ;)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed John Craig has signed with Aldergrove. With them losing Brett, I would say that’s a pretty solid pick up for them. Very much a like for like in terms of style of play, just JC’s an older version.

What happened to Brett anyways, hopefully not a serious injury?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the result Aldy needed to put themselves into a favorable position as the season starts to wind down, especially with a couple of othert results going their way. I see Connor is heating up, appears to have scored again. Dropping all three to Burnaby...I think the coach would actually favor a sterilization level kick to the jollies over losing those points.

@utah- what is the deal w/ John Craig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts