Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

I was chatting w/ our club TD on the drive down the S2S Sunday, and he says to me, "Have you ever heard of 'Take The Piss'"?

I laughed, and explained what he sees now today is not what it once was. There was a time when every team in (it seemed) every division had good representation on the site, and really good banter. Now, it's sadly all black and white, just match reports, or in the case of the Valley Premier, crickets.

#noonecares

Get Ghouse back in the league and give him the rights to use TTP FC for a new team name

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations
Get Ghouse back in the league

Almost happened this season, but ghouse pulled the plug at the 11th hour because he wanted the players to actually pitch in with costs, but they wouldn't commit to paying any fees. Shocker I know... :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was great.

A nutbar, full stop, but definitely entertaining.

I was reading that thread where he was swearing the PCSL was on the rise. OK, sure....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations

Almost happened this season, but ghouse pulled the plug at the 11th hour because he wanted the players to actually pitch in with costs, but they wouldn't commit to paying any fees. Shocker I know... :rolleyes:

I'd read about this. What division would he have started in?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'm trying...really...

Trying to be patient and wait for someone, ANYONE, involved w/ the FVSL to post some Pak scores.

-Go here, no obvious link to scores: http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/index.php
-Go here, PDF not updated: http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/cups.php
-Even went to Twitter feed, and I'm not twatter: http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/fvsl_twitter.php

Am I missing something obvious? FVSL, why do you guys hate yourselves so much?

Maybe the Executive Director had a Jammer?

Abby United

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'm trying...really...

Trying to be patient and wait for someone, ANYONE, involved w/ the FVSL to post some Pak scores.

-Go here, no obvious link to scores: http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/index.php
-Go here, PDF not updated: http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/cups.php
-Even went to Twitter feed, and I'm not twatter: http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/fvsl_twitter.php

Am I missing something obvious? FVSL, why do you guys hate yourselves so much?

The quarter finals say Aldy, SU, PM and AUSC won
So according to the cup draw Aldy vs PM and AUSC vs SU

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For real? He actually did? Not joking here, did Mills have a heart attack? If so, is the man OK?

As much as I don't like him personally...it's a man's life we're talking about here, I hope he's pulled out and doing OK, assuming that's all true.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My ASS reports indeed true, but sounds like it wasn't a major attack as after a two week break was back coaching the Pomo Div. 1 squad. Get better, Mills. You're still a twat, but you're our twat.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was going to point out that you only need to click three links down on the site and then mine through all the scores to find the ones that you need. Screw the front page, isn't it more satisfying when you have to work for the info? :rolleyes:

More importantly those results really open up the Provincial Cup spots. I believe that the FVSL is top 3 in the league and then the two cup winners. If the cup winners are teams already qualified via the league, the spots trickle down to fourth and fifth in the table. Coastal (formerly North Delta) and Surrey United will be making a triumphant return to the post-season competition along with semi-finalists from last season, Langley. Port Moody look to be in a good position to qualify. With Langley playing SU in the SC Cup semis this weekend, if Coastal beat Abby in the other semi that will guarantee that the SC Cup will go to someone from the top 3, meaning Port Moody in fourth are in. PoMo are also into the last four of Pak Cup, so they are still able to qualify by winning that trophy as well. Abby are still alive in both competitions and will qualify as winners or as fifth place if the cup winners are already qualified. The only team with a chance to really upset the apple cart is Aldergrove. Last years Provincial Cup Finalists will need to win the Pakeham Cup to return to the big dance at the expense of either Abby or PoMo.

In other FVSL related news, just when it looked like promotion/relegation would be straight forward, you remember this is the Valley where rules are optional. North Delta and Westcoast who finished first and second in Division 1 are both eligible to be promoted given that they are not associated with any team already in Premier. Per the league rules, Burnaby Firefighters look set to be relegated and replaced by North Delta while Westcoast should be playing off against Chilliwack for the final spot in the top flight. Easy peesey, right? Well I am hearing rumors that North Delta have declined the promotion, which is apparently a thing. So where does that leave the rest of things? Does Westcoast automatically get Burnaby's spot and Chilliwack are now safe? Third placed Port Moody Gunners B are technically ineligible to come up, but fourth placed Langley FC would be eligible, so to they get a chance to playoff against Chilliwack? I won't get into what's the point of playing in Division 1, knowing that winning the league means promotion, if you are not interested in testing yourself at the next level...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts