Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

binderdonedat

Mar 28, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
vmsl div 2b final. Having watched few games this year, the top 5 could easily be playing in div 1. Serbia falling just short of semi final berth and now norvan and greencaps book their spot in final. To bad that only one team gets promoted to div 1. Good luck to both teams. I remember same thing happened in 2011 with shaheen winning the league cup and provincials but not getting promoted to div 1. I pick norvan to win in pks

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some highlights I've thrown up from the Greencaps win. Missed Poco's goal due to try to avoid a deluge ruining my camera, but got the other two goals.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember same thing happened in 2011 with shaheen winning the league cup and provincials but not getting promoted to div 1. I pick norvan to win in pks

I've suggested in the past that the Div.2 cup winners(if they differ from the A & B group winners) should play in a play-off with the 3rd lowest div.1 team in the table. It would make the Div2 cup that more interesting! Just my opinion anyways.

A good example would be last years div.2 cup winners, Campo, who just won promotion to Premier but didn't win their group.

Greencaps over Norvan in the season decider game as well.(1 win a piece in the league). Good luck!

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've suggested in the past that the Div.2 cup winners(if they differ from the A & B group winners) should play in a play-off with the 3rd lowest div.1 team in the table. It would make the Div2 cup that more interesting! Just my opinion anyways.

A good example would be last years div.2 cup winners, Campo, who just won promotion to Premier but didn't win their group.

Greencaps over Norvan in the season decider game as well.(1 win a piece in the league). Good luck!
Campo actually finished behind norvan in the league last year as the deciding positions were based on head to head if a tie but they had no rule for a vacancy and made it different and made it goal difference

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo actually finished behind norvan in the league last year as the deciding positions were based on head to head if a tie but they had no rule for a vacancy and made it different and made it goal difference

Yeah, that's why I said...

In my opinion, head to head record should be the first deciding factor followed by goal difference.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, that's why I said...

In my opinion, head to head record should be the first deciding factor followed by goal difference.
It actually is the first deciding factor if the league deems there is not enough time to have a playoff game. But when they had the meeting our club manager pointed out that rule 6.3 was missing. That's the vacancy rule. The board then voted on saying that it will be decided on goal difference first then head to head. That's why at the agm we brought it up that it should be the same as promotion but they said no.
The same happened this year again with akal in the first division. They did not play a game and were removed from the league so apparently they voted akal as a relegated team. But they are going to bring an extra team up from div 3 to fill the vacant void left by kicking akal out instead of like the rule reads. 2 teams relegated from div 1. Making another vacancy there. Total bs. They go against their own ruling from the year before.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would like to congratulate greencaps on today's win. But in saying that I want our lads to hold their heads up high. The only goal came on a miscue where our Center back nodded it back past our keeper. Greencaps only had the one real chance later when the big bald headed lad had a missed header. They started parking the bus late in the first half and continued to do it the entire second half. It worked out for u. We had a great opportunity to equalize about 5 minutes after the own goal but instead of passing the ball into the net out winger elected to hammer it into their keeper. They ran out of gas early and we couldn't score. In the end u got the win boys cheers to u guys.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? I'd enjoy that thing all the way to the Roxy...if it weren't a B Cup :)

This is a great time of the year for a Roxy run. With the NHL on vacation, the Roxy Bunnies need to stay in mid-season form somehow. You could dress up any trophy and call it what you want with them. Hell, FA Cup just happned, just get any guy with a British Accent to do your talking, and sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0