Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial Masters Cup - Predictions, Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. I saw this as a 50/50 pick, going with Temple figuring they had momentum. More like an emotional let down? Sounds more like a defensive no-show to me. That's a well built squad, otherwise.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robert Earnshaw and Randazzo would give open teams fits.

Having been on the losing side vs Columbus 3 times this year I would agree with you.

I grew up watching a lot of English Prem on TV so to play against Earnshaw was a treat.

They also have one of the best #10s around in my opinion.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think giving open team fits is real stretch, but they are good players. Temple to me, in addition to looking disorganized at the back this night, looked like a team with 4 or 5 really good players with two absolutely standing out, probably as good as the two mentioned above. But then there seemed to be a significant drop off with a lot of guys appearing to not want the ball after that. Could have been just an off night, but the difference between their top two guys and the rest was noticeable, and with Columbus, not quite as much.

Last edited:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do they use the club system?
Earnshaw is two seasons removed from getting MLS minutes. I am sure he would be fine in open play and give teams lots of trouble.
He would start on any open team no?
You can't take that quality and experience away.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe one game a week is enough at our age. Especially if they have other commitments. You know; the wifeys, chores and all. Haha

Anyways, good players nonetheless.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van were up 2-0 at about the 80th minute then the game got a bit out of control/chippy/yappy. A WV penalty then made it 3-0, and Coastal got 2 back in the last 3 minutes/added time. First game on grass this year I believe. PS I dont think that guy you refer to Lion would start on any of the better open metro teams, not the top 4 anyway. Not even sure he is the best player in the Masters Div, although he is up there. But anyway...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats a good win for Delta. Canucks4ever, Delta is not actually new to this Masters scene, they have qualified for the BCs plenty of times over the years, and we back in the day kind of like the Arsenal of FVSL...3rd or 4th place every year but tough to play in the tournament. It looks like Cowichan disappointed the fervent Nicola fans by handing out a 4-0 thumping to the visitors. By the way, you can follow all of the up to date results here if you like:

https://adultprovincials.bcsoccer.net/schedule-results

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta w a full bench was the difference. U Vic with 11 having to play 120 minutes was their undoing. They were better footballers but that's a tough ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0