Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial Masters Cup - Predictions, Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry metro ford but you will be traveling to the island next week and they said it would be a 12pm kickoff on Sunday... Game recap to come later.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit late but took a day and bit to absorb this loss. Cow 3 PM 1. They got the first goal off a corner which was well played. It seemed to take us quite awhile to get our legs as we played very sluggish for pretty much the first half even though we scored and hit two off the crossbar. After we tied it up about half way through the first half they get a lucky break as they send a ball into the box our center back misses it under his foot and caught me off gard and it bounced up and hit my arm.. they get a PK and score.
Second half we came out very strong and created several chances to score but we either missed the net or there keeper came up with heart breaking saves. They get there third goal from a midfielder holding on to the ball way to long inside our 18 there player steals it from him and crosses it to there forward for an easy goal.
With all the chances we created in the second half and not scoring I knew it just wasn't our day. The island lads were a good group with strong fan support that kept the heckling mostly fun and clean. The two strikers play very well together and I can see them giving metroford's back line a bit of a hard time. Good luck to all teams remaining!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masters semi finals have been set, and there are two intriguing fixtures to look forward to, as follows:

Semi Final #1, May 14 Noon, Sherman Road Turf:

Cowichan 49ers (VISL) vs Metro Ford (VMSL)

Cowichan have a lot of momentum, great supporters and home field/VISL refs etc are a huge advantage on the Island. However, Metro Ford is powerful and deep, and Cowichan is unfortunate to face the first place VMSL team in the first game against a metro side in this tournament. I think this one will turn out similarly to the Metro Ford trip last year to face the then on a roll UVic. Metro Ford concedes early but wins going away...Metro Ford 5 Cowichan 49ers 3.

Semi Final #2, May 14 1230 PM, BLSCW #1:

Croatia (VMSL) vs PCOV (VMSL)

There is not a lot to choose between these two teams, both having finished in fifth and third place respectively in VMSL Masters Premier this season. Both teams are dangerous going forward when they have all their players out. I could be wrong, but I have not seen Didar in goal for Croatia this year, and if he is not playingm that will be the difference, especially if part time attacking players the two Dormers are in the lineup again this week for PCOV. I dont see a repeat of last year's final this time, and PCOV going through to the final for the first time...
PCOV 3 Croatia 2.

Too bad it wasn't a double header out in Burnaby on the same day as the men's final.

But that would make too much sense.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well don @Sir M but I think Cowichan is only this deep because of a soft draw for them. They will not score 3 on MF. Could be a route, island refs et al.

PCOV seems to be firing right now and I like that prediction...could also see them winning by a bigger margin. I know Didar played with Croatia in the beginning of the year but I didn't see him late.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can definitely see Cowichan giving metroford some problems but I don't think by any means they'll win. Metroford's group is just a different level than the rest. If this game has the same ref we had last week then he will be a non issue. He did an absolute great job in the middle through the whole game. Probably one of the best refs I've seen this year. He was very approachable and would explain calls he made as long as you showed him respect he gave it back.. As for the linesman thats a different story. They were out to lunch and seemed very nervous to make calls on there own. I predict Metroford to take it all again this year but this is soccer....You never know.

Cow

Apr 30, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
That ref is fair and amazing but alas he will be in at burnaby lake I believe at the A finals.

We look forward to meeting MF and love being an underdog team!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like there has been a change in the scheduling of Semi-final #1, and as such a change in the prediction. In fact I guess Semi Final #1 now becomes Semi-final #2 and so forth. Now there is a Master's semi-final double header at Burnaby this weekend, directly in conflict with the men's open final.

Semi-final #1, May 14 1230 PM, BLSCW #1:

Croatia (VMSL) vs PCOV (VMSL)

There is not a lot to choose between these two teams, both having finished in fifth and third place respectively in VMSL Masters Premier this season. Both teams are dangerous going forward when they have all their players out. I could be wrong, but I have not seen Didar in goal for Croatia this year, and if he is not playingm that will be the difference, especially if part time attacking players the two Dormers are in the lineup again this week for PCOV. I dont see a repeat of last year's final this time, and PCOV going through to the final for the first time...

PCOV 3 Croatia 2

Semi-final #1, May 14 315PM, BLSCW#1:

Cowichan 49ers (VISL) vs Metro Ford (VMSL)

Cowichan have a lot of momentum, great supporters, many of which will now travel to the raucous environ of Burnaby to face the reigning VMSL, BC and Western Canadian Champions. Unfortunately for the 49ers, the BC Soccer power base of Kjell Broosjgaaard was not strong enough to keep this semi final at the VISL's beloved Sherman Road, and that failure will significantly diminish the Island hopeful's chances to unseat the champions. Just another example of the non metro teams having to take it from the man I suppose. Cowichan, however, is full of spirit and has dangerous strikers. They will come out flying, but will eventually succumb to the force of the indomitable VMSL power base.
Metro Ford 4 Cowichan 49ers 1

Should be a good weekend.

Last edited:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is posted on the VMSL website but please send to all teams

Provincial Cup finals (and B Cup and O35 Semifinals) are as follows:

Sunday May 14, 2017 3:00pm Bby Lake West #3 Men's A Cup Final Aldergrove FC vs Club Inter

Sunday May 14, 2017 12:00pm Bby Lake West #3 Doug Day Cup Final (Men’s U21) West Van FC vs Pacific United LFC

Sunday May 14, 2017 12:30pm Bby Lake West #1 Deryl Hughes Cup Semi Final (Men’s 35+) Croatia SC vs PCOV

Sunday May 14, 2017 3:15pm Bby Lake West #1 Deryl Hughes Cup Semi Final (Men’s 35+) Cowichan 49ers vs Coq Metro Ford PCE

Saturday May 13, 2017 2:30pm Bby Lake West #1 Keith Millar Cup Semi Final (Men’s B) Norvan Storm vs TBD

Sunday May 14, 2017 9:45am Bby Lake West #1 Keith Millar Cup Semi Final (Men’s B) Poco FC Royals vs Vancouver Greencaps

Sunday May 28, 2017 TBD Bby Lake West #2 Keith Millar Cup Final (Men’s B) TBD

Sunday May 28, 2017 TBD Bby Lake West #2 Deryl Hughes Cup Final (Men’s 35+) TBD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts