Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Gold Cup

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So with the results yesterday we could have been through to the next round but with that French Island playing an ineligible player we need at least a draw against Honduras.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game for Canada last night against a good Costa Rica team.

I liked the lineup changes bringing in a little less skill but a much higher work rate. Kept Costa Rica under pressure and never gave them time with the ball. The work rate at times was great and you could see the gusy running hard. Having Ricketts come off the bench and help with the pace when the game was slowing down was a good call. The last ten minutes were so were a nail biter. Was a fun game to watch.

Scott Arfield man of the match once again.

Borjan had a great game too.

As for Honduras, that whole situation is crap. If it goes thru, Canada needs a tie on Friday. They should have already been thru. Funny how these things always seem to happen to Canada. I still remember the Gold Cup where they scored to tie the game and ref incorrectly called it offside.

This Friday (assuming Honduras get the points) look for Cavallini back up top, and Davies to come off the bench and not get the start.

Adegube(sp?) I thought is a big improvement at left back over De Jong. Much more athletic and has some good pace.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ricketts was really good off the bench and made a huge difference. Hoilet was excellent too...great work rate and bite; also drove at their back line. And I liked our poise under pressure on the back line many times last night. Not used to that...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know, but I had a convoluted way of getting there...

~I see Canada capable of scoring 2 goals. They seem, all of a sudden, attack oriented.
~Canada's defense hasn't been the best, and with the exception of great goalkeeping, could have and should have found themselves on the wrong end of the CR result.
~I see Canada going up 1-0, then conceding, then perhaps going up 2-1, then in trying to nurse it home give up 1 and a frantic finish, defending for their lives, but coming out w/ a draw.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even with a loss Canada has a pretty good chance to go thru with the 4 points as they should be in a good spot for the two third place spots.

If they do, and add Akendele, Johnson and Larin into the mix....could be interesting.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1

I don't see Honduras being blanked out in goals for.

And, seeing us scoring too, but as C4E said, I will not get my hopes up.

Go Canada Go

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...besides TSN.

BUT...big news...we seem to have now figured out a remote access for TSN, from Surrey to our under-renovation place. There yesterday getting the contractors set-up. This is just hot of the presses, just, like, 12 minutes ago! Crazy, I know. So that means, from the comfort of my rental living room, we SHOULD now be able to remote log into TSN on my iPad, then air play it on the smart TV.

Or something like this.

Not guaranteeing user error on this. Landing a man on the moon was easier.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even with a loss Canada has a pretty good chance to go thru with the 4 points as they should be in a good spot for the two third place spots.

If they do, and add Akendele, Johnson and Larin into the mix....could be interesting.

I'd be surprised if Akindele was added to the roster. He's not progressed at all since his MLS rookie season. If anything he may have even taken a step backwards as he seems less hungry to score/win when he's out on the pitch these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0