Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Gold Cup

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides the result, in the second half, I haven't seen Canada play this good in a long time. We had a lot of possession, good passing, dangerous attacks, numerous free kicks and corners. It felt like we were up a man for a bit. I think Ricketts should have gotten in the game instead of #16 though.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So excited about the program, hope we get quite a few quality friendlies over the next 24 months before Qatar qualifying starts.

I think our next match is vs Jamaica in September (Toronto)?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So excited about the program, hope we get quite a few quality friendlies over the next 24 months before Qatar qualifying starts.

I think our next match is vs Jamaica in September (Toronto)?

Yep. 100% agree. Hope it's not fools Gold. We're going to get this 2026 bid, I can't see that not happening, but fcuk me, it'd be nice to actually QUALIFY for a WC before we take our gifted spot.

Here's another thought: in 2026, Davies will be 25....

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough early goal with a few guys caught asleep.

Larin missed one (again) that should have been put away and would have changed the game.

Canada played well second half, but are lacking another midfielder. Will Johson would have been a natural starter for this type of game.

Russel Tiebart should not have gotten the start in my opinion. He did put in a nice cross but many times he got the ball and just panicked and made some bad decisions. Also, there were times Canada was going forward, her would get the ball and just play it back. slowing the attack right down.

Still felt Cavallini should have started over Larin. He just works much harder and helps defend etc.

Hindsight is 20/20, but Vittora was struggling with the pace of Jamaica. M.James seemed to be able to deal with the pace better when he came on.
Also, felt that Osorio should have been given a chance given how he played last game.

Overall a loss that easily could have been a win minus a couple of brain farts. Jamaica is a good defensive team and their goalie made some great saves.

You could really see we missed Atiba in the middle.

Nice to see Hoilett finally get a goal.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still felt Cavallini should have started over Larin. He just works much harder and helps defend etc.

Can someone explain to me what all the fuss is over Larin ?? He is absolutely shite. Seriously, never seen someone like him get gifted a starting position after all the bad press, etc. that has gone is way over the last couple of months and treat the match like it was a kickabout in the FVSL Summer league. Brutal.

From what I've seen so far, Cavallini is a very useful player - plays at a big club in Uruguay and his performances before Jamaica should've surely cemented him a starting spot. IMO, he's better than Larin in every aspect of the game and if I was him, would've told Zambrano to go fcuk himself at the end of the tournament.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The productivity of the entire squad dies with Larin on the pitch. He does very few of the little things right that you need in a good target man. If he'd finish his dinner, I'd be more forgiving, but he bottles everything that comes his way.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jamica knocked off Mexico on Sunday. Yes, it is the B Side of Mexico but that Jamaican team plays well defensively and are good on the counter attack. Should give the yanks a good run.

Anyone watch the US games and listen to the announcers?

Brutal....Landy cakes pipes in every few minutes as well with his feedback just to add to the pain.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jamica knocked off Mexico on Sunday. Yes, it is the B Side of Mexico but that Jamaican team plays well defensively and are good on the counter attack. Should give the yanks a good run.

Anyone watch the US games and listen to the announcers?

Brutal....Landy cakes pipes in every few minutes as well with his feedback just to add to the pain.

I don't mind their announcers. They're actually pretty hard on their own team and not that biased imo.

Jamaica has done enough to get to the final and good on them but it's been ugly. I'd like to think we dominated them even though we lost and the same can almost be said about their win against Mexico B. The USA runs all over them in the final on home soil ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the US announcers too actually... honestly for the same reason we stop to look at car wrecks. The ineptitude or the play by play guy combined with Lanovan's complete US arrogance is compelling in some sort of unholy way. They also play that way up at the break with the big fat Mexican guy vs that idiot Alexi Lalas.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently he played every minute of the Gold Cup. I only caught the one game vs Jamaica but he wasn't that noticeable on the field. Some might say that's a good sign. Haha

Maybe he can silently become the next Will Johnson??

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0