Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Provincial Election

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I would.

Come on, you are all thinking it.

Stressing out about this one, too tight.

Not Chrissy I'm sure, but the election race.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hooo ran is mcDirty from years ago back up keeper NK Hrvat
Who could not count or figure out PKS
Hoo ran will take our money and blow it
We will end up with high taxes and a deficit
Last Two NDP governments were a disaster for bc
Wait, what?!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hooo ran is mcDirty from years ago back up keeper NK Hrvat
Who could not count or figure out PKS
Hoo ran will take our money and blow it
We will end up with high taxes and a deficit
Last Two NDP governments were a disaster for bc

Shouldnt you have postes this using the
mr base account?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...next move? CC lost Surrey, I'd say mostly on the cheap politics of removing bridge tolls. Sounds great, but massive consequences that most people either don't understand or care about. One issue the NDP rightly hit on is the cost of living in Vancouver area is getting out of hand, and for most people that have to cross the bridge every day, that is a huge issue. Leaving the next generation with bridge debt be damned, they are worries about their family budgets now. I can definitely empathize w/ that, even though I don't buy into cheap politics. For low income families, it's about surviving month-to-month.

What pisses me off? This was an easy counter for the Liberals; give the money back in the way of tax deducts. More deducts for daycare costs, replace the recreational tax credit the Federal Libs removed, come up with something creative that gives families back money by way of taxes, instead of simply removing bridge tolls. Removing bridge tolls is a long term disaster that would make Fast Ferries look minuscule.

And, BTW....reduce the tolls. If it takes twice as long to amortize, so be it.

My feeling is CC will be asked to step down. I've been saying this for years, this Province needs Dianne Watts in the Liberal Leader position. She is someone that could win back Surrey, and Surrey is the new key battleground.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...next move? CC lost Surrey, I'd say mostly on the cheap politics of removing bridge tolls. Sounds great, but massive consequences that most people either don't understand or care about. One issue the NDP rightly hit on is the cost of living in Vancouver area is getting out of hand, and for most people that have to cross the bridge every day, that is a huge issue. Leaving the next generation with bridge debt be damned, they are worries about their family budgets now. I can definitely empathize w/ that, even though I don't buy into cheap politics. For low income families, it's about surviving month-to-month.

What pisses me off? This was an easy counter for the Liberals; give the money back in the way of tax deducts. More deducts for daycare costs, replace the recreational tax credit the Federal Libs removed, come up with something creative that gives families back money by way of taxes, instead of simply removing bridge tolls. Removing bridge tolls is a long term disaster that would make Fast Ferries look minuscule.

And, BTW....reduce the tolls. If it takes twice as long to amortize, so be it.

My feeling is CC will be asked to step down. I've been saying this for years, this Province needs Dianne Watts in the Liberal Leader position. She is someone that could win back Surrey, and Surrey is the new key battleground.

transgender-candidates-bc-brown-040517.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CC was already under the guillotine by her party the last go around...it's only when she pulled off the upset victory that the party members backed off. After all, she snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat.

I like the word snatch.

Anyhooo.....

This go around, most will argue she lost. They lost power, and now they are at the whims of the Greens to regain any power. What will they need to give up? In the end, it may lead to some needed reforms (removing corporate and union donations, proportional representation, for example), but still, they effectively have lost power. It's a show of no faith from the votes, much like Dix losing was a show of no-faith when he was expected to win.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0